Do you do 'The Fashion' every day?

I would love to do 'The Fashion' everyday but I can't because my work attire has to be pretty casual. I'm so excited to use the clothes I actually like I end up doing a 'sienna' when I leave the house =)

I don't even leave the house a lot of days! I feel like my clothes are just wasting away in my closet. So I definatley dress up whenever I go out just about anywhere it's kind of pathetic but I have 2 little kids so Im in sweats or pj's all of the time. I have to dress up just to feel human!!

I do, but it depends on what you call "The Fashion." I was semiformal-ish today and rocking hip-hop yesterday (without the pants down my nakles of course). And I find those looks more than decent and presentable. I studiedin a Catholic school, and I will take every opportunity to dress it up.

maylin9 said:
I don't even leave the house a lot of days! I feel like my clothes are just wasting away in my closet. So I definatley dress up whenever I go out just about anywhere it's kind of pathetic but I have 2 little kids so Im in sweats or pj's all of the time. I have to dress up just to feel human!!

Wow, I'm glad I'm not the only one, lol. Ironically enough, becoming a stay at home mom four years ago which means hardly ever leaving the house and living in tracksuits, jeans, and tshirts has definitely given me a huge appreciation for fashion. When I do leave the house to go shopping or visit someone, it is like a special event so I do the whole nine yards, selectively picking my outfit, accessories, makeup, etc. Isn't it interesting how our lifestyles can dictate how we dress and how we perceive fashion in general?

Of course I do "the fashion" everyday!!! It's something I love and picking out my outfit and wearing it, it brings joy to my day even if my day is going to suck (like I have exams or something.) I think a lot of people would like to dress up everyday but they don't have time. I have to be out the door by 6:30 most mornings so getting ready has to be quick. I can get ready in 20 min, IMO it just doesn't take a long time to throw on a top, jacket, skirt, earrings and slip on some heels. If everything in your wardrobe roughly coordinates, it looks good on you and you love it, getting dressed should be super-fast. And of course light, quick makeup helps a lot (I've got my makeup time down to 5 min.:(p

Sometimes I'd be too tired to walk around in heels and such, so I'll wear cords and sneakers. I never get really lazy, but I do casual from time to time.

I used to go back and forth- dress up wildly one day,, grungy casual the next.

now I do something halfway between for every day

I spend a lot of time reading, looking at, and thinking about fashion but most of the time I'm either too lazy or too rushed to put thought into what I myself wear. Especially when college starts again, I barely have time to shop, or choose clothes. Most of the time, I just throw on something black, comfy, and weather-appropriate. Sigh. I think I would be more 'fashionable' if only I had the time.

I think to never really relax it's a bit silly, you just can't walk around in 5" heels all the time, life is about relaxing as well!

I like people that look relaxed and that their style comes natural to them.

I think fashion isn't all about high heels and pretty dresses. It is about dressing well to the occassion. You don't need to look overdone, but like you're relaxed, as Just_me said. If you are having a lazy day at home, why dress in an evening gown and pumps? I don't think "dressing down" has to look unfashionable. To be honest I prefer the dressed down look to the overdone look. Wearing a pair of good jeans and a white t-shirt can look more elegant than the most luxurious dress there is.

WhiteLinen said:
I think fashion isn't all about high heels and pretty dresses. It is about dressing well to the occassion. You don't need to look overdone, but like you're relaxed, as Just_me said. If you are having a lazy day at home, why dress in an evening gown and pumps? I don't think "dressing down" has to look unfashionable. To be honest I prefer the dressed down look to the overdone look. Wearing a pair of good jeans and a white t-shirt can look more elegant than the most luxurious dress there is.

I wear heels most days, but that's because I just have a thing for shoes. The rest of my clothes are pretty basic, and simple, so that I can wear really unique shoes without it becoming "too much"

I might wear a pair of jeans and a white T with heels

tiamaria said:
I never do the fashion thing I just thro on what ever in the mornings, i mean its only college. I make slightly more of an effort for work as I need to think about it, as it needs to be all black. But I never plan outfits just thro on. I only own one paiur fo sweat pants and they are strictly sports and working out in only. I dont own a pair of trainers either.
I live in flats, as heals make me look odd. I mostly wear trousers. I must admit i really dont go to any effort any more. It werid I used to then when we got rid of school uniform suddenly I lost appeal. I dont even wear make up really thats how much of a slob I am, I just go for clean grooming, clean face with lipgloss and wear my hair down or in a high pony tail thing with a quiff, or fat hairband.

Wow...you are dedicated: one pair of sweats & no tennis shoes...you must be naturally thin haha...i have to at least have tennis shoes & sweats, etc to work out in...at least they're not there tempting you to wear them to school, etc

I wish I would do 'the fashion' everyday, but honestly I don't think I even have enough good clothes for that right now. I am working on my thesis paper, so I spend most of my time in the library or at home. I dress casual, but I think I am still very far from a Britney.
Mostly I wear jeans, a grey 'hoodie-cardigan' or a very well cut black blazer and some fancy shirt in a good fabric. I never wear heels at daytime- thanks to a twisted spine and simple comittment to the well being of my feet - but I do have very nice and good looking flat shoes (I mean honestly there are tons of them around since ballerinas became in). It's not much of an effort and maybe a bit boring (though one can always add some 'twist' with the right accessoirs imo, i.e. colourfull shoes), but I hope I look quite put together never the less.
Though I dress up at least once a week, and I love it, when I go to work - at a museum (modern art) - the people there are just the most amazing dressers I know, better than every fashion show.^_^

I don't think make-up and a done hairstyle are essential. When you have good skin and a good hair-cut, doing nothing (well apart from washing and combing of course) can look extremly well, sometimes better than an overdone style.:ninja:
But I admit, I never leave the house without mascara and I would never go out in a tracksuit, I would feel just awkward.

I think being stylish is not about being dressed up versus being casual, I think its about being pulled together and looking nice even if you are simply wearing flats, jeans and a sweater. I mean it tates the same ammount of time to put on jeans as it does sweatpants adn it takes the same ammount of time to put on a nice looking sweater as it does a ratty sweatshirt. It is actually quicker to put on ballet flats than tennis shoes, and the ballet flats are so much more sophisticated

to me "doing the fashion" isn't about trying to impress anyone or getting all dolled up, but instead about trying to present a neat, clean, well groomed appearance to the world. Always putting your best foot forward so to speak.

makeup is not so much something you want to do to add to your appearance, but to hide any flaws. Some young people have perfect skin, they don't need makeup except perhaps mascara. only with age does skin discolor and lips fade, and these problems should be corrected with makeup, otherwise you are showing the world your flaws

I do wish more girls would do something with there hair. I don't like sloppy ponytails all the time. If you are poing to put it up, why not try some kind of bun which is nearly as easy and ten times as chic?

I wear heels a lot, but I would never expect other people to. I wear heels because i love them, and I find them sexy and powerful and femenine, and that's my thing- but of course they aren't for everyone, and there are lots of ways to look nice without them. It's just a matter of butting a little effort into it

I have no problem with people dressing casually, I just wish they would do it with more class.

Well, yeah. But the days i'm only home and not going for school or out of the house at all, i'm in a big wool sweater and sweatpants. If i'm leaving the house though, i always do "the fashion" or dresses, what i consider, nicely. Good-looking and uncomfortable before boring and comfortable.. Wow, i sounds rather shallow now.

LVizo said:
Well, yeah. But the days i'm only home and not going for school or out of the house at all, i'm in a big wool sweater and sweatpants.

well if I'm lounging at home, I'm the same way, baggy t shirt sweats and fluffy slippers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Giuliagiachetti
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->