Dolce & Gabbana Mens F/W 13.14 Milan

christian zh

Reaction score
m9CK3.jpg

-my screenshot from dolcegabbana.com

Okay, so the reason why I'm in this thread leaving a comment isn't the collection. I think everyone at TFS already knows my opinion on their super boring and repetitive collections season after season, and this one was no exception. Let's do flowers, and perhaps print some Holy Mary and husband Joseph and Jesus.. and why not their neighbors in Jerusalem?
What I want to point out is how offensive this, and the previous menswear show is to professional male models. They use professional female models in the womenswear shows because they know that no lady off the street can strut down the runway in heels. But this is like a slap in the face for the male models because it basically says - who needs you, we can get Sicilian village men who can do your job, still have a show and we get to pay them almost nothing. How unfair is that? I personally find it extremely rude and offensive, and it definitely leads to a sex discrimination in fashion, as if professional male models don't matter.

It was soooo hilarious !!!! "Models" was walking like they had just pooped in pants. And those bells in the and.... why they haven't invited Pope ?

They have become a joke. It's truly sad- no not sad, tragic- to see what such a prestigious and once talented fashion house has become. I mean what in the hell happened?

Can someone tell me if these collections sell really well for them? I'm curious. There's no other way to explain such a tragedy.

I don't even think any of us need to comment on this, it was a farce of a collection, recycling the same ideas season after season and not even in a good way, the runway was boring which matched perfectly with the collection itself, I did like the Velvet pants but that was about it.

I think they should try working with a new stylist if I'm honest... because some of their best collections were designed under Charlotte Stockdale and the really sh*tty collections seem to have been happening under Tabitha Simmons.

They have become a joke. It's truly sad- no not sad, tragic- to see what such a prestigious and once talented fashion house has become. I mean what in the hell happened?

Can someone tell me if these collections sell really well for them? I'm curious. There's no other way to explain such a tragedy.

I read somewhere that they now have financial freedom. and i believe because they done this Sicilian couture, and they still doing those sicilian collection with 60 models. But i can't image who buy theyrs clothes....

I don't understand this, have they not learned yet? D&G is shut down and they still continue with the Sicilian cr!p. How stubborn can one get?

Am so sad with this..i want the menswear back like the old time...

How can a brand of this caliber launch a collection like this?

a friend texted me while he was at the show and told me to rush online to see the worst collection in D&G history.....Can it really be that bad??? Last season was horrible but I pulled several pieces from that collection and they actually looked amazing out of the show context and on a REAL model (not some little boy speeding down the runway)

Well we must always have comedy amongst all the dramas

Just saw the collection on nowfashion, it wasn't soo bad.

these were some of my favorites!

nowfashion

At this point I visit Dolce threads to give me a good laugh. This is something they didn't fail to deliver for quite a while.

I actually didn't mind this collection. I wasn't really feeling the religious influence but I thought some of those flower pieces were nice. It has been done before, yes, but that's what Dolce does. I'm not expecting any different from them. They're not as good as a couple of years ago, but saying they're the laughing stock of fashion seems kind of harsh.

This blazer is just beautiful!

DOLC_MW_AW13_0679_zps723c2a16.jpg

catwalking

And despite how garish those flower shoes at the end may be, I feel a strange desire to own them.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rachelmartini
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->