Edie Sedgwick #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that Ovation is a television channel in NYC and Ive seen Any Warhol documentaries before. I can never remember what number the channel is, I always find it by mistake. Its a very good resource for art documentaries. :smile:

I was at the Andy Warhol exhibition but there were no picture of Edie..I was so disappointed..:(

I think that Ovation is a television channel in NYC and Ive seen Any Warhol documentaries before. I can never remember what number the channel is, I always find it by mistake. Its a very good resource for art documentaries. :smile:

Yeah, I saw Part I of the documentary on Ovation. Of course I missed Part II, that featured Edie and Nico:P

Loonaka - No pictures of Edie?? Was it mostly paintings?? Wonder why she was not featured at all???:blink:

loonaka...are you talkin about the one at the Hayward Gallery in London? if so, I went there today and there were the photobooth photographs and one of the screens had a video of her talking, and also a sound clip of her saying something to Andy!!!! i'm pretty sure there was more :P

No it was in Oslo gossiping, I wish it was in London tho^^ then I could have sushi and dress up..
Yeah I know Klove, but anyway I did get to talk to Malanga which was a really big moment for me^^ But I think that they def should have had something about Edie, like she was his muse, dressing like him, and her whole story is very interesting..can't believe how people don't think she is important when it comes to Andy Warhol..

Wow...both events sound AMAZING!! JEALOUS:P

Gossiping, was it a new sound clip? Wonder if the video of her was Outer & Inner Space?

Did you get to ask Gerard about Edie, Loonaka?

No I didn't, but I thought about it and found out that it would be rude to ask questions about another person when the event was all about him..also he didn't have much time to talk anyway so..

^Agreed. It might have been a tad rude to ask about Edie.

Of all the men in the Factory, Gerard & Ondine have always been my favorites. Part I of that documentary "Factory People" had great pieces on them and Billy Name. I loved the clips and photos of Ondine without his sunglasses on!!! And Gerard with his bull whip. Just Fabulous!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I just really wanna see more of Edie..like I just need it..she's such a sunshine^^

Actually a lot of the silk screen paintings were done by Gerard Malanga and Richie Berlin. Warhol was given too much credit for work that was done by other people, it's like Van Gogh or Picasso having a flunky to do their art and then signing their names on it.

Last edited by a moderator:
another tidbit Billie Name cut Edie's hair short on the factory fire escape. I believe afterward they took the famous manhole picture with Edie, Andy, and Chuck Wein.

Actually a lot of the silk screen paintings were done by Gerard Malanga and Richie Berlin. Warhol was given too much credit for work that was done by other people, it's like Van Gogh or Picasso having a flunky to do their art and then signing their names on it.

It was also Billy Name who helped tremendously in doing most of the work too!!!

^well almost anyone can make an Andy Warhol picture, but not everyone can come up with the idea.

^^ well not everyone can do a warhol painting and I don't know of other great artists who had people paint for them, paintings of marilyn monroe and elvis presley are not really creative either

They didn't paint the pictures, they did the silk screens. Andy designed them and then he had people help him mass produce them. Have you ever heard of a "factory" with just one person on the job?

They didn't paint the pictures, they did the silk screens. Andy designed them and then he had people help him mass produce them. Have you ever heard of a "factory" with just one person on the job?
Good point^_^
I love the picture of Edie, she looks so beautiful and they are real without being paparazzi picture

mass produced art is not one of a kind like a van gogh and again marilyn monroe or elvis portraits mass produced is not a sign of creative genius

mass produced art is not one of a kind like a van gogh and again marilyn monroe or elvis portraits mass produced is not a sign of creative genius
Please stay on topic. this is not a thread for discussing Warhol's talent:innocent:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redspot
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->