Emanuel Ungaro S/S 10 Paris

rb648.jpg
XXPIz.jpg

yahoo news

Last edited by a moderator:
The :heart:s are soooo Versace S-S 2009 lol and are a tad overdone but overall not bad.......not bad at all!

The hearts totally kill it...now it looks like an Agatha Ruiz de la Prada collection...lose the hearts and it might have been an ok collection tbh.

^^absolutely agree on de la Prada

this would be perfectly ok without lindsay lohan. some of the draping looks good, the colour is nice.
i wonder, if she (Estrella Archs) had added a bit more print... maybe Dundas and her could switch places :P

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, two opinions: Trashy and some pieces are nice but i already miss the previous designer. It doesn´t look Ungaro at all.

The blazer in post 23 looks like I sewed the heart on. And I totally fail at sewing..
It's not bad or a complete mess but it's certainly not impressive or anything of that sort.

The only thing I like is the blazer with the heart although it seems like something Topshop would sell.

Obviously it's not a bunch of masterpieces, but I won't got that far as to say that it's a total failure. It's a bit .. meh .. but I actually like the colors quite a lot.

Hey - can someone explain WHY Lohan is even involved in this? I mean, sure she could do her own little fashionline as say Lauren Conrad. But why getting her involved out of all celebrities. PR, but seriously bad PR!

For the most part, I have to agree with Squizree. I'm not an LL fan, but I'm also going to give her a chance, see what she can come up with. For the most part, I like this. I love the hot pink and orange, I love the one-shouldered dresses, but my favourite piece, by far, and one that I would love to own myself, is the pink strapless wrapped dress in the last set of pictures.

It could be worse. LL could have modelled it herself.

^ Yeah, she could have had some actual input... :blink:
She was crying at the end? Probably amazed that someone is paying her for something other than hosting a club opening... :rolleyes:

It's a lot less horrible than I was expecting given how big a mess LL is. Some of the pieces are actually very, very nice and I like the colours too.

It looks okay, not that bad so yeay?! for Lindsay :smile:

PARIS (Reuters Life!) - Lindsay Lohan lived up to her reputation as Hollywood's party girl with a debut collection for Parisian fashion house Emanuel Ungaro on Sunday, showing super-short pink dresses and blazers worn over bare skin.

Dressed in a white mini dress and red stiletto heels, the actress sparked a paparazzi frenzy at the Louvre museum where the show was held, creating exactly the kind of buzz executives at Ungaro had been hoping for.

"We both love fashion, the different aspects, different generations, different styles from around the world, we like to mix everything up," Lohan told reporters backstage in a joint interview with Ungaro designer Estrella Archs.

The thigh-skimming dresses in peach, hot pink and white seemed designed for a Malibu Beach party, while sparkling nipple pasties flashing from underneath loose blazers were a reminder of Lohan's own occasional wardrobe mishaps.

"It's not good to show your nipples so they should be covered," Lohan told Reuters, referring to the heart-shaped pasties.

But her appearance was also a reminder of the risks faced by luxury brands who tie their image to that of a celebrity.

When reporters asked her about her love of scandal, Lohan frowned and snapped: "That's an unnecessary question."

Ungaro's President Mounir Moufarrige, who hired Lohan as "artistic adviser" to revive the aging brand and attract younger customers, looked pleased with the collection as well as the backstage scrum of photographers and television crews.

"It's always risky in business," he said of Lohan's wild-child reputation in an interview with Reuters after the show. But he said in the end, the focus was on the product.

"It's the clothes that talk. People are interested, and our business is to sell."

Hearts printed on skirts and dresses, blazers with glittering lapels, ruffled dresses and leggings mirrored Lohan's personal style, as captured by thousands of tabloid pictures.

Moufarrige is known for headline-grabbing staffing decisions -- as president of Chloe, he replaced Karl Lagerfeld with the then 25-year-old Stella McCartney, daughter of the Beatles star.

But while his choice may inspire other French and Italian fashion houses whose clientele is aging along with the brand, collaborations with Hollywood celebrities are notoriously risky.

Dior, for example, found itself scrambling to prevent a public relations disaster last year after actress and Dior model Sharon Stone said an earthquake that killed thousands in China could have been "karma."

Fashionistas were divided over Lohan, thrilled by the star factor but worried about an all-conquering celebrity cult.

"This is what fashion has come to!" one fashion reporter shouted into her camera, gesticulating at the paparazzi crowd.

"And we're contributing to this craziness," another television reporter sighed.
reuters

it pains me to admit that i like what i see so far
i dont like to admit liking anything that has lohans name attached to it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->