Fashion Schools in Mexico

oswaldlv

Reaction score
Hi, does anyone know a good fashion school in Mexico? I want to take something related with fashion and I do not know for schools!

Have you heard of Jannette Klein?
the person and the school
I've heard good things about it !

You should contact aaron95 :wink:

ooh yes! haha that the GREATEST school hahaha you are mexican so you most know who hectore terrones, sarah bustani, gustavo helguera and desire navarro are, well they studied fashion there! you shoudl check the site:

www.jk.edu.mx
any clue you can ask me!:wink: hope im helpful enough haha

Thanks everyone, Yeah I've heard of Jannette Klein, someone told me about "Casa de Francia" do you have information?!!

Love
Oswald

well i checked some and jannette klein is the BEST!! haha why dont you go to a tour to the school, youll like it!:wink:

I think Casa de Francia is currently being better represented than Jannette Klein, their approach to fashion is more modern, a lot less 'palenque' and they have better connections overseas, Alejandra Quesada is part of their alumni and she's worked for Isabel Marant, Alexander McQueen, Tata Naka and has probably the most refreshing concept going on in Fashion Week Mexico right now. She was recently featured in Lula Magazine (S/S 08), in case someone wants to check that out (Magazines section).

Last edited by a moderator:
So you are saying MY school is a "PALENQUE"???:angry::angry: hahahahaha

does palenque stand for supermarket?

no, palenque is like this highly kitschy series of concerts that takes place during patriotic dates in late summer, they feature folk bands (similar to this :innocent:), pop artists, and some hard to define female characters that allegedly sing and usually show up in head-to-toe sequins, half cup bustiers, 80s hair and execute strange movements in front of a drunken crowd till the early hours of the morning... when asked who made their fabulous get-up, the usual answer goes by the name of mitzy!. Hector Terrones is on the same lines, only more selective with his customers.
example 1.
example 2.
example 3.
:unsure:

HAHAHa your breaking my heart but its true about mitzy haha and hector to, but desire is a very recognized fashion journalist, sarh bustani is also good designer i actually know her nephew haha so well yes my school is more like teathrical and sequined hahaha but we come really well prepared hahaha

:lol: how frightening! but the folk bands picture is quite adorable
We have some Spanish words in Filipino.. and we have a word "palenque" also, but it means this outdoor space, where there are a lot of stands or people standing and you can buy fresh fish and maybe clothes and vegetables very cheaply. People yelling, bartering... But it is also a very stinky place with cuts of raw meat rotting on the ground and muddy water you have to hop over :ninja: I never like to go

Thanks for the insight MP :meow: And those very descriptive pictures

aaron Maybe you can decide to go against the curriculum

oh, stinky is closely attached to our palenque as well. :lol:
it was originally some sort of seasonal event for rooster fights (you heard it right), and I guess they still happen but it's less bloody now.. I hope!.
these folk band members might look all huggable.. and then you hear their happy lyrics romanticising cartel genocide and such things, it kinda kills the fun.

aaron, you need to check out Alejandra Quesada, sorry to be obnoxious but seriously, I attended her show last october and the pictures online don't do any justice to her work, she makes such beautiful embroideries.

well ive seen her, she is really good but i dont wnt to get my school underated hhaha

Easy guys! Maybe you are both right!

I really aprecciate all the information, but lets get fashion in Mexico higher!!
Lets do something about it! I know we are in some economic problems but for example, in Magazines, Vogue Mexico is like a scrapbook of all Vogue Magazines worldwide, we do not support Mexican Designers and to be honest there just few people in Mexico that can afford all those lovely clothes, InFashion is making an effort to give a NAME to them, but we do not buy InFashion becuase maybe is not the type of Magazine that Mexico reads! "I personally believe" that Mexico is a great country and does not need to copy anything! Let's rock both schools and support each other!

I do not know if you understand because my English is getting worse every day pass. So I thank you for reading and trying to understand!! Let's do something about fashion in México please!!!!

^ I agree with that. I would to work someday there as an editor.. Eva looks like a nice person, I hope she understands that there must be some change..:smile:

ok guys so today i heard TERRIBLE feedback about CASA de francia, and I got noticed that most of jannette klein guys were there before but they chnged, i mean its a VERY good school but people seems to talk kinda bad about it... i dont want to argue hahahaha im just stating what i heard, as for me i duno anything about Casa de Francia so i cant tell you if its good or bad but with these things ive heard i dunno now....

Jannette Klein Fashion Campus

Jannette Klein Fashion campus is a mexican school of fashion design which was born in 1985, being of the few that are specialized in fashion. Under direction of Xavier Reyes and Jannette Klein, the school is one of the most important universities for fashion studies in mexico, it teaches three different careers, Fashion design, Fashion Merchandising, and Fashion publicity, with unique study plans designed to fit the necessities of the fashion industry nowadays.
Lots of people have graduated from this school, but between the most important we can find, Sarah Bustani, Hector Terrones, Gustavo Helguera, Desiree Navarro, Guillermo Leon, Edgardo Luengas, Pilar Roa etc...

In the school you have events that promote the career and creativity:

Tomorrow's Designers; this event is a competition between all the fashion design students, a theme is set and it's divided into sections, it's a huge fashion show and a winner is chosen, the price is a trip to LA with jannette klein and more students (which have to pay their own trip)

Fashion International View; this is a three day event where designers present their work, and for students from all the country there are two sections, Brides and Night in Full dress, those have a theme set each year and that makes a competition where prices are things such as free courses in Paris, The trip to LA mentioned before, Mannequins, sewing machines, etc...

For more information go to:
www.jk.edu.mx

It really isn't a good school. Just look at the graduates... Sarah Bustani, Hector Terrones, etc... they make HEDIOUS clothes, and the worst thing is that they are the "big names" in México... so sad

Hector Terrones:

dis_ht1.jpg
dis_ht3.jpg

dis_ht7.jpg
dis_ht8.jpg

dis_ht9.jpg
dis_ht16.jpg

dis_ht18.jpg
dis_ht25.jpg

dis_ht27.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics