Givenchy F/W 2016.17 Paris

Deleted member 116819

Reaction score
11mcie8.png

screen cap from givenchy.fr

it's the best collection of the season. it literally gave me chills!! i want it all.

The collection, like the runway, was truly a mess. So many unfortunate looking clothes.

Quite literally the most god awful carnage I have ever seen.

Riccardo is over. He hasn't produced a good collection in years.

After last season's abysmal thing of a collection, he's presented something pretty good this time. However, he's presented it in the most rowdy way possible, again. Why does he feel to need to create needlessly complicated runways that add no merit whatsoever to the show. Instead many of the models just looked confused and got lost in the maze. I felt so sorry for the model who opened the show as she kept falling. The music was soooooo good though.

It was a very "Ricardo" collection, with nothing really new, but it was still interesting nonetheless. This should be enough to keep his fans and clients happy, and maybe the press too.

I think Riccardo sent out a stunning collection! Great color palette, beautiful prints, the shoes were beautiful with the snake skin on the heel, the outwear with that colorful leather patchwork that looked like stained glass windows was superb!

For me it was the staging/presentation that ruined it, it was confusing, some models were also confused, and to top it off, it happened something that I find very rude, people left their seats with the models still walking....

I LOVED! One of my favorites collections so far this season.

I need to see the collection again in pictures, since the live stream was a complete mess.

For me it was the staging/presentation that ruined it, it was confusing, some models were also confused, and to top it off, it happened something that I find very rude, people left their seats with the models still walking....

I find it very rude and annoying too, but this time they seemed justified lol. Considering how he sectioned the runway, it was almost impossible for people at the other end to know if the models had left. The runway ruined it a lot.

Last edited by a moderator:
Quite literally the most god awful carnage I have ever seen.

Riccardo is over. He hasn't produced a good collection in years.

tumblr_nx8vnmJb8j1ql5yr7o2_400.gif

bgceverything.tumblr.com

Last edited by a moderator:
This looked and felt so much like a pre-collection to me. Just a handful of ideas that weren't refined or explored/pushed far enough. It never really came to life. Quite forgettable. I really wish Riccardo would break out of his comfort zone and try to expand his vernacular.

And that maze set, jeez. Is it just me or did it look like Ondria might have walked the wrong way?

i liked the bohemian goth vibe. some beautiful dresses.

but i have to ask: is he auditioning for chanel? some of those jackets were decidedly chanel-ish.

but i have to ask: is he auditioning for chanel? some of those jackets were decidedly chanel-ish.

Very true. And the one red look kind of reminded me of Christian Dior's tradition of putting a single red outfit in some of his old collections. The plot thickens...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RudaZuza2005
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->