Gucci F/W 04.05 Milan

Something tells me that Stephano Pilati will have to come up with something REALLY different at the YSL show , as all Tom's ' looks ' are played out to the n'th degree here . :rolleyes:

KIT :innocent:

The hardness and vulgarity of a Gucci collection is definitely out of sync right now. Recent collections by Miuccia Prada, Raf Simons, and Junya Watanabe show the way forward. This Gucci show is ok but in all honesty I'm glad to see this end.

I agree (although I don't think of Prada nearly as high as you do, and now that I'm taking a second look at why I liked this collection of hers - well, because it's very Dries). Honestly, though, I don't think Tom's successor will be any better. Gucci drives the main stream, it's a conglomerate, and Tom's replacement will be a purely corporate decision. I'm happy that Lee didn't take the YSL post, smart move.

Originally posted by softgrey+Feb 25th, 2004 - 3:51 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(softgrey @ Feb 25th, 2004 - 3:51 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-ebowleg@Feb 25th, 2004 - 3:47 pm
Gucci F/W04

And I need this coat...!
wow-that truly horrifies me :ninja: ...the whole head and the tail...I would feel way to guilty and self-conscious...not for me... :( :yuk:[/b][/quote]
What, worse than the green thing? :P :shock:

Does nothing for me.

Adieu Tom Ford,it was horrible while it lasted. :rolleyes:

anyone see the ny times today-tom made the front pg! :doh:

I'll see if I can post the article-I've got to get the hang of this posting pictures and articles... :angry: it's so frustrating... :innocent:

here it is-hope this works... :flower:

Last edited by a moderator:
ooh these shoes are cute! love how the whole foot is over except for the heel, and its nicely accented with thin string bow

00030f.jpg

Originally posted by Scott@Feb 26th, 2004 - 11:11 am
Does nothing for me.

I have to agree. Tom, for me, is a one-trick pony. In my opinion, the Gucci girl is an extension of his fantasies and does not represent any real person. The whole quasi S &M, rock0chick thing never appealed to me. I say ggod bye and good riddance Tom. Don't let the door hit you on the way out. :innocent:

Aww, I just wrote a short post on the blog I am starting up on the sentimental goodbyes to Tom Ford. Okay I'll admit to this if nobody laughs :blush:, the first time I went for a designers vision head to toe it was Tom Ford - Fall 1995. Way too young and obviously I had to button my shirt or else I would have been in dress code violation. The only other time I've ever been seduced by a trend it was Tom Ford's Goth look in 2002... :blush: Although I was wearing alot more of the actual label the second tiem around (despite the awful cut) :innocent:

He isn't a genius, but his marketing was good.

Beautiful collection, a perfect end for an amazing run. I love that it took elements of past Gucci hits without just recreating them. The colors were beautiful, the models looked great, the setting was perfect... Say what you want about this collection and it's flashiness, but I thought it was great. It was more of a grown up, sophisticated glamour. The dresses were great, and even though I don't love the idea of fur coats and accents, the fox and fur wraps added a sort of old Hollywood element.

Sorry, for some reason my post got posted more than once cause I hit tab. anyway, the third one was the keeper.

Beautiful collection, a perfect finale to an amazing era. The colors were beautiful, the models looked gorgeous, the setting was perfect....Say what you want about the flashiness of the collection, but I thought it was great. I like that Tom used elements of past Gucci hits and rather then just do a retrospective, he recreated them. The dresses were beautiful and the coats were great too. It all had a kind of old Hollywood feel to it without being overly retro. As fas as the fur, evn though I don't particularly like the idea of fur, the fluffy fox collars and wraps made it that much more glamourous.
Love him or hate him, Tom Ford managed to make Gucci a super power which not many other fashion houses are. I am a long time Ford fan, and Gucci will probably never be the same.
:heart: Au revoir Tom :heart:

Originally posted by valerie+Feb 26th, 2004 - 7:47 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(valerie @ Feb 26th, 2004 - 7:47 am)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-eguana@Feb 26th, 2004 - 1:45 pm
:heart: it!!
00450f.jpg
my fav of the whole collection!! :wub: [/b][/quote]
is this georgina grenville/She wore a similar dress in a gucci ad in the 90s
The dress toni braxton had on in unbreak my heart
actually i think this collection grows on you.......furiously!!im beginning to really like it B)

I guess I'm missing something.... I don't like it.
Anyways, is it not odd that Hana (the current Gucci girl) neither opened nor closed the shows?

Pretty awful, in my opinion, for a final show especially.

Largely rehashed from previous seasons.

But, I still have a lot of respect for Tom Ford, and no doubt the media will praise this collection, despite their true opinions.

I don't know Eskimo, while some people may just lie, soft grey posted Cathy Horyn's review of the show. While she is never mean, she certainly is hard to impress completely which I guess is a sign of a good critic. For her to say "In one of the classiest presentations of his career, Mr. Ford showed them how it was done. This was big-time fashion. From the first exit to the last, there wasn't an outfit that looked wrong, a hair out of place." it must at least have been good. Like I said, she's hard to fully impress, so I guess I'd have to agree with her that "If there was one thing this immaculate show made loud and clear, it was that Mr. Ford is, to the last, a designer."

On another note, I'm just curious as to why so many of you dislike Tom Ford so much? Can you honestly say that in his entire career designing for Gucci, there hasn't been one thing that you've liked?

i really did like the show...i think its grows on you the more you look at it. I really LOVE the sunglasses alot :heart:

Originally posted by chickonspeed+Feb 26th, 2004 - 6:34 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(chickonspeed @ Feb 26th, 2004 - 6:34 am)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-ykidkwis@Feb 26th, 2004 - 3:56 am
A designer should never have to be "in sync" with whats going on in the rest of the fashion world.  Every designer has their own aesthetic and you have to respect that at least...not necessarily what they do....but that they are an individual who has a certain vision.
Well of course that's true. However, Gucci is definitely one of the trend-setting labels. It's not anti-fashion like Comme des Garcons or Ann Demeulemeester, for example. So one expects Gucci to be sensitive to a new direction in fashion that has a penchant for softness, mysticism, and an evocation of something other-wordly.

The hardness and vulgarity of a Gucci collection is definitely out of sync right now. Recent collections by Miuccia Prada, Raf Simons, and Junya Watanabe show the way forward. This Gucci show is ok but in all honesty I'm glad to see this end. [/b][/quote]
sooo true chick* :flower:

Originally posted by stylegurrl+Feb 26th, 2004 - 2:15 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(stylegurrl @ Feb 26th, 2004 - 2:15 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-Scott@Feb 26th, 2004 - 11:11 am
Does nothing for me.

I have to agree. Tom, for me, is a one-trick pony. In my opinion, the Gucci girl is an extension of his fantasies and does not represent any real person. The whole quasi S &M, rock0chick thing never appealed to me. I say ggod bye and good riddance Tom. Don't let the door hit you on the way out. :innocent: [/b][/quote]
Some women are into S&M :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->