Gucci F/W 04.05 Milan

Originally posted by eguana+Feb 26th, 2004 - 3:46 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(eguana @ Feb 26th, 2004 - 3:46 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by valerie@Feb 26th, 2004 - 7:47 am
<!--QuoteBegin-eguana
@Feb 26th, 2004 - 1:45 pm
:heart: it!!
00450f.jpg

my fav of the whole collection!! :wub:
is this georgina grenville/She wore a similar dress in a gucci ad in the 90s
The dress toni braxton had on in unbreak my heart
actually i think this collection grows on you.......furiously!!im beginning to really like it B) [/b][/quote]
My favorite Gucci dress of all time- I'm glad he went back and re-designed it!

One thing I am looking forward to is how the rest of the U.S. will deal with a sex symbol in Hollywood who is openly gay.

i don't think it would have been a good ending for ford to create a new palette to what he started. it would leave us with a cliffhanger.

Originally posted by foxinthesnow@Feb 26th, 2004 - 2:35 pm
the first time I went for a designers vision head to toe it was Tom Ford - Fall 1995. Way too young and obviously I had to button my shirt or else I would have been in dress code violation.
foxinthemisdemeanor!

totally agree with Space & Chickonspeed :flower:

This does seem too vamp right now. Of course many women were & still are into this look, it just suits their personalities. Not for me though. B) Also, i always felt that his clothes were designed for a very specific body type, and if you don't fit into this category, then you're stuck with shoes & bags, even if yu're really thin & can afford his clothes...

oh boy-i can't wait for YSL next week B) ...i think it's so funny how everyon eis bidding tom farewell when he still has another show NEXT WEEK! The man is really playing this for all it's worth...he truly is a marketing genius, even if he's not really a designer... :lol:

i mean... the COVER of the NY Times!!!!! And are they going to put him on the cover again after the YSL show? the publicity surrounding this whole thing is phenomenal! :flower:

Originally posted by softgrey@Feb 27th, 2004 - 12:47 pm
oh boy-i can't wait for YSL next week B) ...i think it's so funny how everyon eis bidding tom farewell when he still has another show NEXT WEEK! The man is really playing this for all it's worth...he truly is a marketing genius, even if he's not really a designer... :lol:

i mean... the COVER of the NY Times!!!!! And are they going to put him on the cover again after the YSL show? the publicity surrounding this whole thing is phenomenal! :flower:
here's the article from NY Times

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/02/26/fashion/26DRES.html?8br

People talk about Tom Ford's "vision," as if it were something that comes along every day. But it comes to only a few individuals in this business. People forget that Gucci was a leather-goods house when Mr. Ford arrived in 1990 — and practically a bankrupt one. But he gave Gucci fashion, and then he gave the fashion, through his marketing and advertising skills, meaning.

Originally posted by Atelier+Feb 27th, 2004 - 11:48 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Atelier @ Feb 27th, 2004 - 11:48 am)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-foxinthesnow@Feb 26th, 2004 - 2:35 pm
the first time I went for a designers vision head to toe it was Tom Ford - Fall 1995. Way too young and obviously I had to button my shirt or else I would have been in dress code violation.
foxinthemisdemeanor! [/b][/quote]
Actually I was chanelling Amber Valeta in the :sick: green satin shirt and navy blue hiphuggers. :wink: B)

It is a bit odd that everyone is bidding him farewell before YSL goes off, ah well, for the sake of formality they could have waited!

I think there has been so much attention to his leaving Gucci because in a way, it was his house, he made it what it is. I'm guessing that's why it has gotten so much press and why everyone is saying adieu now.

As far as Tom not being a designer and only being a marketing genious, I would totally have to disagree with that. While that may have been true in the beginning, his more recent collections show more attention to cut and detail. Did you see the sunburst pleating on that fushia dress Liya is wearing? I'm sorry soft grey, you are of course entitled to your opinion, but I don't think it's fair to say he's not a designer. :(

I really respected the way Tom Ford went out...I was happy that he recreated old classics. I think that this collection will be a bestseller(place your orders now!)

Originally posted by Spike413@Feb 27th, 2004 - 3:38 pm
I think there has been so much attention to his leaving Gucci because in a way, it was his house, he made it what it is. I'm guessing that's why it has gotten so much press and why everyone is saying adieu now.

As far as Tom not being a designer and only being a marketing genious, I would totally have to disagree with that. While that may have been true in the beginning, his more recent collections show more attention to cut and detail. Did you see the sunburst pleating on that fushia dress Liya is wearing? I'm sorry soft grey, you are of course entitled to your opinion, but I don't think it's fair to say he's not a designer. :(
that's okay... :wink: you're entitled to your opinion, but I'm quite comfortable with mine :innocent:

:sick: A STUPID and HORRIBLE collection from Tom Ford. :yuk: Its quite funny to see that his last collection is his WORST. :lol:

This collection topped Oscar de la Renta's show by being the one with the most flaws I saw in (they're even incoparable; this one's way worst). I mean you can see from the suit that opened the show (trying to do a smart Narciso) to the Gucci Fall 2003 fur over those lined skirts to the Nicole Kidman customized beaded dress to thos Toni Braxton white dresses that he has no ideas at all.

I feel sorry for those who gave him a standing ovation. :rolleyes:

A STUPID and HORRIBLE collection from Tom Ford. Its quite funny to see that his last collection is his WORST.

This collection topped Oscar de la Renta's show by being the one with the most flaws I saw in (they're even incoparable; this one's way worst). I mean you can see from the suit that opened the show (trying to do a smart Narciso) to the Gucci Fall 2003 fur over those lined skirts to the Nicole Kidman customized beaded dress to thos Toni Braxton white dresses that he has no ideas at all.

I feel sorry for those who gave him a standing ovation.

Once again, does anyone have anything nice to say...and for your information, re-creating old classics was the point of this collection, but I guess you wouldn't have realized that with your constant bashing of everything around you... :angry:

They have a video of the show at www.style.com . At the end, they get a small interview with each of the models. It is so sweet, especially when Julia Stegner cries :o

I don't think everybody is getting that. A few people have been trashing the collection for repeating past collections or not having any new ideas. Is it just me or does it seem like people are so ready to trash the collection that they don't even read one of the reviews. Style.com's review made it very clear what Tom was going for.

I don't think everybody is getting that. A few people have been trashing the collection for repeating past collections or not having any new ideas. Is it just me or does it seem like people are so ready to trash the collection that they don't even read one of the reviews. Style.com's review made it very clear what Tom was going for.
i read the reviews, but i can also think for myself! :lol:

In my opinion it was just like evey other gucci show- about 5 good pieces and a bunch of hype. just like the rest of Tom ford's career...anyone see 'Chicago'?

"razzle-dazzle 'em, how can they see with stardust(rose petals) in their eyes? ...razzle-dazzle 'em and they'll make you a star"

tom has razzle-dazzled a lot of women desperate to feel young and sexy again... :flower:

Originally posted by Spike413@Feb 28th, 2004 - 12:30 pm
...it seem like people are so ready to trash the collection that they don't even read one of the reviews. Style.com's review made it very clear what Tom was going for.
Exactly Spike413. The Gucci customer, i.e., the woman who parts with money for Tom Ford's clothes, wants and expects something. That expectation is different from the folks that aren't his customers.

Salvatore, that was so moving to see the reactions of the girls, Julia in particular. Classy offerings from the man himself and everyone involved.

Believe me, I've read the views on this show and I know very well that Tom was going for a retrospective of his entire career. That doesn't change my opinion at all.

Originally posted by Atelier+Feb 28th, 2004 - 8:30 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Atelier @ Feb 28th, 2004 - 8:30 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-Spike413@Feb 28th, 2004 - 12:30 pm
...it seem like people are so ready to trash the collection that they don't even read one of the reviews. Style.com's review made it very clear what Tom was going for.
Exactly Spike413. The Gucci customer, i.e., the woman who parts with money for Tom Ford's clothes, wants and expects something. That expectation is different from the folks that aren't his customers.

Salvatore, that was so moving to see the reactions of the girls, Julia in particular. Classy offerings from the man himself and everyone involved. [/b][/quote]
[/B]The Gucci customer, i.e., the woman who parts with money for Tom Ford's clothes, wants and expects something. That expectation is different from the folks that aren't his customers.

Preach! :P

Very well put!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apriloneil1987
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->