Gucci F/W 07.08 Milan

No crazy about it. It looked too foreced, as if they were trying to create this new Gucci feel but it fell short for me. I think Gianni's stand out Gucci moment was that beautiful green she first did. She needs to go back and revisit her first collection and what insired her then. The last few collections have been totaly disperate.

i love the marrige of hardcore glamour and romance because it gives the whole collection a nice rough feel aside from all the lipstick and perfectly finger waved hair.

I was reading the whole thread, I must say there are a lot of people who has very clever ideas and opinions and I admit I agree with them...

The worst part is when you compare the Tom Ford dresses with Frida's.
I mean...remember that Tom used to go beyond anything and almost crossed the line in each collection, for instance the s/s 2003 where it was mini mini mini...and that's a strong statement, and he wasn't afraid to do it...

When Frida did disco it was so tacky, I can't still believe it...I remember those gold fabrics and it looked beyond cheap!
with fw0708 The big problem for me is...ok I like some of the boots...but the colour palette is sad, and what about the researching of a new hair and make up???
Tom used to do a lot more work than Frida...that's for sure

The video is up on style.com - you can see the collection and hear some of Frida's opinions about the collection...

The more I see of it, the more I like it! It's great - the 30's and 40's influence is incredible. The finale dresses were the best!

It's really good to see that I'm not the only one who absolutely hate Frida's Gucci, lol. I honestly think she got better a very little bit, but it still looks awful.

Last edited by a moderator:
I liked this season a lot - I don't know why people dislike Frida so much?! She creates modern clothing for a woman who wants to feel sexy and cool...whats the issue here?

I liked this season a lot - I don't know why people dislike Frida so much?! She creates modern clothing for a woman who wants to feel sexy and cool...whats the issue here?

Maybe it has to do with the fact that her collections are very much "themed" ... that is, one season, its 70ies Bowie glam rock, next one 30ies grandma style and another being a straightforward 60ies-inspired theme. It does not give her ready to wear a recognizability that other designers have, instead I am seeing that whatever she pioneered in one season might end up being passé in the following. That disposable clothing idea does not work particularly well when the pricing is high-end.

I love the make-up and the hair, clothes are really nice too

Did not like it at all, absolute disappoitment. It way too plain and classic which I hate the most. It did not have that glamorous Gucci vibe about it at ALL. Considering Gucci is 1 of my favorite designers I was beyong disappointed of this collection I don't even want to look at it. There's nothing more to say.

Accessories

01m.jpg
05m.jpg

02m.jpg
03m.jpg

04m.jpg

style.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member