Gucci Mens F/W 08.09 Milan

I have to say, some of the jackets are definitely my taste. But as someone else said, it has more than a whiff of Cavalli.

It also reminds me of John Ray's last collection for Gucci back in 2006, with the rumpled goth bohemian thing.

If she was consistant in her look and her approach to dressing the Gucci guy, I'd say this wasn't so bad, but as is always the case with her, her incosistency and need to constantly follow a trend rather than a signature is what turns me off.

As a potential consumer though, I hate, HATE that she has turned Gucci menswear into a label for boys. It's pretentiously cool, that's the only way I can describe it.

I couldn't agree more. It's time more people realized that there has to be a limit to the madness of Frida. Soon the bags and luggage will be "hip hopped" up more than a room full of knockoff LV's. And please get rid of the guccissima already, cheap cheap cheap.

I actually quite like this collection, although it could do without the fur. I like the cardigans and jackets alot! It's a nice contrast from their previous collections.

Last edited by a moderator:
The heroine chic and vampire'ish look is one i like but not many pieces interest me. the ones that do...i love suiting that stand out and this veltvet ones...:wink:

Catwalking.com

Attachments

• zGUCC_MW_AW08_0017.jpg
    zGUCC_MW_AW08_0017.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 4
  • zGUCC_MW_AW08_0061.jpg
    zGUCC_MW_AW08_0061.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 11
  • zGUCC_MW_AW08_0085.jpg
    zGUCC_MW_AW08_0085.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 6
Ms. Giannini ludicrously exaggerated and caricatured the theme.
However, I'm a sucker for those patent-leather boots, but that's it. :innocent:

00010m.jpg
00020m.jpg

00030m.jpg
00040m.jpg

00050m.jpg
00060m.jpg

Source: Men.Style.com

I really like the styling
it gives off a punk/i-don't-give-a-sh*t attitude..B)

and some of the coats are really stunning. :heart:

Is it a faux pas to say I like this? I think it's a good turn for Gucci, except for all the fur.

The styling is way too much, it detracts from the pieces, not to mention it's kind of gimmicky.

And some of the piece stray too far into sloppy lterritory rather than just being kind of beaten and lived in.

In a way it's a reprieve, she finally managed to make some desirble luxurious pieces, but I doubt it'll last.

Something about this though, it doesn't feel sincere, it's not personal. This look isn't something she's been about. Honestly, when has she ever hinted at a grungy dark side of her design personality? If this were Hedi Slimane, McQueen, or Galliano or even Neil Barrett, it would at least seem genuinely them.

Coming from Giannini this just seems very flavor of the month.

Last edited by a moderator:
I paid more attention to the accessories and lots of them are good.
As for the clothes, kind of overwhelming.

Her best effort in menswear yet I think, still very underwhelming and she offers nothing new but I've never found her work interesting anyway...The fur is way too much

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nomnes
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->