Gucci S/S 08 Milan

00310m.jpg
00320m.jpg

00330m.jpg
00340m.jpg

00350m.jpg
00360m.jpg

Source: Style.com

This is really cute and simple. Wouldn't be surprised to see something similar in Zara, by January.

00260m.jpg

Very nice details. Like the little stones on the dresses. She almost choose four colors. White, black, yellow and pale pink. But i do like the combination.

I like the black belts with white piping and some shoes. that's it.
and as someone mentioned before, all this stuff you can find in zara, mango, etc etc. I don't find it appealing or innovative at all.

everytime there's a new Gucci collection everyone seems to bring up the Tom Ford era. I think we have to move on from that..and try to see this objectively.

Sorry people but until Frida gives us a forward, fabulous, tremendous, brilliant, incredible, fantastic, oh my god this is what I have been waiting for collection worthy of the Gucci name then Frida will AWAYS be compared to Tom. Tom Ford is Gucci.

I wish he would do his own women's collection. I think it's going to happen eventually but I want it now.

I can't believe they changed the logo. It's complete garbage. What wanks.

i think frida is rapidly changing the customer to react to new markets. That is probably why she was highered. The Tom Ford aesthetic wouldn't hold as much weight in today's market. Andrigyny is not treasured (from my limited understanding) in Asia, India and the Middle East. These are the largest areas for luxury good growth . Brands like Louis Vuitton and Chanel carry lots of weight in Asia. The Gucci si aesthetic was only working with westerners.

Not neccesarily true. The old Gucci aesthetics were not really androgynous. It was all about the embodyment of sex and money. And trust me, there isn't a single woman on any market who doesn't want to look desireable, drop dead sexy and like a billion bucks.

Asia, India and the Middle East. These are the largest areas for luxury good growth . Brands like Louis Vuitton and Chanel carry lots of weight in Asia. The Gucci si aesthetic was only working with westerners.

That quote from Gia's post holds true. Why do you think there are so many asian themes lately? Fact is, these brands cater to their jet set, loyal clientel, but are always seeking out the nouveau riche. Whether that be asian markets, pop stars, athletes, or whatever. They're not marketing to the other 98% of the worlds population, where the closest you'll get to Gucci is fake sunglasses on Canal St, or maybe that one item you're saving up for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nomnes
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->