Gucci F/W 08.09 : Lily, Kasia, Ksenia, Abbey Lee, Eniko by Inez & Vinoodh

I didn't really like the campaign at first, but I was looking through some magazines earlier and I ended up searching through all of them to have a look at these ads.

i guess this gucci ads is iconic, i really likes it. beautiful yet weird too :smile:

Yeah! It's interesting...I've always thought Abbey Lee's look was very "Manson family"...and now that you mention bewitching, all these girls and guys TOTALLY look like the Manson family, dancing around, high on LSD, in their California wilderness hideaway!:lol:

And I think that's part of the appeal of the ads, for me. I've always found Charles Manson and his 'family' incredibly fascinating and and in a way tragically beautiful...and that sunny California look that I love...the long, wild, wavy blonde hair, the sunkissed faces of the girls who lived in some shack in the California desert with a criminal psychopath!

Makes me love these ads even more!

Loved the ads and the clothes, but the video was incredibly creepy. I'm not sure it doesn't taint the ads for me. The guys look very vampiric.

easily the best campaign of the season, what is with all the negativity!
after seeing the ads that have come out for ss09, they just don't compare to the genius of these pictures............love

This campaign is quite beautiful actually. I'm surprised so many people dislike it. The colors are beautiful.

It is beautiful. It's just that the Manson Family vibes make some people queasy. The beautiful-ugly tilts then to the ugly.

Does anybody have the song played in the Behind-the-Scenes clip?

It's "The Fly" by David Axelrod. I can't find it ANYWHERE! :unsure:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakuskoangel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->