Gucci S/S 2009 : Abbey Lee, Lily, Natasha by Inez & Vinoodh

Natasha totally saves this campaign. the 2 eyewear shots are the best so far, thanks for posting them:flower:

The last eyewear ad...oh, I just wish Natasha wasn't there. In general, it feels like she detracts from the hippie styled image with some unmistakably 1999 poses.

thats what i was saying...either Natasha by herself or just abbey and lily..
2 me it doesnt mesh and looks like two seperate campaigns especially the 1s where natasha is on 1 side and lily and abbey on the other

The eyewear shots are great..but i dont like the 1 w/ Lily
she looks like a a crazed fan nd Natasha is some celebrity saying..
"get this freak away from me."

i love lily but they could have done without her in the first eyewear shot...i love the second one...natasha is absolutely stunning in them :blush::heart:

thanks again manuva for the wonderful scans :flower:

I'm really not getting all of this breathless praise for Natasha that's going on. She's not actually doing anything considering that her lips are naturally pouty like that and her cheekbones are naturally that defined. She's just tilting her head in different angles. She looks like she always does.

At least Abbey and Lily, however ridiculous they may look (and you cannot blame them for that, you blame the photographers who had them pose that way) are actually doing something in these photographs.

Eywear shots are gorgeous. The best from the whole campaign. Thanks guys.

I'm really not getting all of this breathless praise for Natasha that's going on. She's not actually doing anything considering that her lips are naturally pouty like that and her cheekbones are naturally that defined. She's just tilting her head in different angles. She looks like she always does.

At least Abbey and Lily, however ridiculous they may look (and you cannot blame them for that, you blame the photographers who had them pose that way) are actually doing something in these photographs.

Sometimes it doesn't take much to be the strongest. Just because Abbey and Lily are more 'active' looking shouldn't matter. I think Lily & Natasha look great, but most people have a consensus that Abbey wasn't really necessary in this campaign. Maybe the male models too? :unsure:

^ yeah the boys too. The only shot where I think the guy looks good is the eyewear one.

Sometimes it doesn't take much to be the strongest. Just because Abbey and Lily are more 'active' looking shouldn't matter. I think Lily & Natasha look great, but most people have a consensus that Abbey wasn't really necessary in this campaign. Maybe the male models too? :unsure:
I was mostly just observing that people are fawning all over Natasha for no apparent reason and to be honest I just don't understand why. I could see if she was striking incredible poses or really emoting with her expressions, but she looks the same in every shot as she looks everyday. That's just her face.

I don't think that says anything about her being the strongest model, nor does it say anything about the other two models being weaker. I just think it says something about the amount of diehard Natasha fans there are since all she has to do is look at a camera to receive such praise.

And I'm not knocking that, I'm just questioning it.

^Natasha is a top model so of course a lot of her fans would praise her if they think she looks great, which I agree that she does. Whether it's just her face, a certain pose or whatever. The same would go with a photo of Daria, Gemma or any other top girl I think. The fans back them up 100%. I don't think she looks her best, in fact, none of the girls do to me, but I won't deny she looks fantastic in some of the shots. It's all on a bases of opinion I suppose :flower:

I do think Natasha is a really strong model but that fierce expression is a b*tch/tranny face to some (especially if it is not in the right context), and I do see both in her.

There are some themes that are foreign to her, and I do feel she didnt get the spirit of this and she proceeded with what she always does anyway, and what she always does is a guaranteed crowd pleaser even if the role does not require it. She does a good, strong b*tch face and attitude, and it blows me away for the most part. But a part of me feels that maybe the reason this campaign is a little off is because of her lack of chemistry with all the others who at least tried to interpret an iffy concept the best way they could instead of doing the same old, safe, trademark look.

Last edited by a moderator:
I do think Natasha is a really strong model but that fierce expression is a b*tch/tranny face to some (especially if it is not in the right context), and I do see both in her.

There are some themes that are foreign to her, and I do feel she didnt get the spirit of this and she proceeded with what she always does anyway, and what she always does is a guaranteed crowd pleaser even if the role does not require it. She does a good, strong b*tch face and attitude, and it blows me away for the most part. But a part of me feels that maybe the reason this campaign is a little off is because of her lack of chemistry with all the others who at least tried to interpret an iffy concept the best way they could instead of doing the same old, safe, trademark look.

i agree, Poly's just doing her thing, and it's boring. this campaign for me is a combination of weak elements - makeup, photography, concept...all pretty weak. it doesn't have much to do with the models themselves - lily is one of my favorite models but i'm not gonna lie and say she looks fantastic.

mostly i think, the direction here was just...not intact! incredibly phoned-in :angry:

i agree lol...in most of the shots i don't believe any of the girls look good...i was commenting on how tasha looked in the eyewear ads...sure, she's not doing anything spectacular in regards to posing etc. but she looks beautiful nonetheless

Finally! wholeheartedly agree:heart:

Spike413 & yalil have the great point here, well it's understandable that most of the people says that Natasha is one that is looking the best but that's because they are all Natasha's fans...
Lily & Abbey are the ones who stand out in this campaign, definitely.

Obviously everyone has their personal favorite in the campaign, but just because one of the girls is getting more praise than the others doesn't mean she should be criticized for it. I don't think there's anything wrong with the girls, its the campaign itself that's not letting them shine.

It's a campaign guys, they're all good models, the end. How about that? ^_^

Yes, they are all good models... But Abbey looks really bad, which is a shame. I don't just praise Natasha because she is my favorite at all. It's because imo she does outshine in this campaign, and Lily is close behind... Abbey looks fantastic in the 'Flora' campaign, so I just can't understand why she looks so bad in this campaign. To me in some shots, Natasha, Lily and Abbey look like cardboard cut outs..

In the end, I would of preferred a studio shot.. with a plain colour backdrop, maybe have different colours for individual shots ^_^

Yes, they are all good models... But Abbey looks really bad, which is a shame. I don't just praise Natasha because she is my favorite at all. It's because imo she does outshine in this campaign, and Lily is close behind... Abbey looks fantastic in the 'Flora' campaign, so I just can't understand why she looks so bad in this campaign. To me in some shots, Natasha, Lily and Abbey look like cardboard cut outs..

In the end, I would of preferred a studio shot.. with a plain colour backdrop, maybe have different colours for individual shots ^_^

I disagree...in my opinion Abbey is looking great here from the 3 girls she's the one that is making really striking poses & standing out, she fits theses ads very well. And I don't even call that "Flora" campaign a campaign, that is only 1 shot & her hair is covering most of her face.
Like Spike413 said, Natasha is looking the same as she always looks, she's not making much in these ads at all, so I don't get why people say that she outshines more than the other girls.

Obviously everyone has their personal favorite in the campaign, but just because one of the girls is getting more praise than the others doesn't mean she should be criticized for it. I don't think there's anything wrong with the girls, its the campaign itself that's not letting them shine.

It's a campaign guys, they're all good models, the end. How about that? ^_^

People are just giving an opinion about it & Natasha was definitely the less criticized in this thread, on the other hand Abbey yes she was very criticized here, which I don't get why so much negativity towards to how a model looked in this campaign, seriously...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rearjepaj
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->