Gucci S/S 2009 : Abbey Lee, Lily, Natasha by Inez & Vinoodh

:woot: Lily looks fantastic in the new shot, But Abbey looks so bad!

I'm shocked Abbey isn't flailing around in her hippie dance poses, SHOCKED.

:lol:
but look at her eyes (scary) she seems caught between poses :ninja:

Lily looks good, I like that they've toned down contrast in this one, all green looks great to me.

I can see Abbey as a Gucci girl, but seriously! I only liked her in the blue shot. The heavy makeup, with her chin raised, makes her look like a zombie :shock: And I'm so glad Natasha is back! A Gucci campaign just isn't the same without her! ^_^

the 1s where all 3 are in it...2 me it looks
like 2 seperate campaigns...idk if Natasha was trying
to outshine them or if they just werent good...but they
dont all look together..it should have been Natasha by herself
or Lily and Abbey Lee

I'm going out on a limb here, I think this eyewear campaign is new. Sorry if it's a repost:(
Scanned by Manuva from Vogue UK March.

^ The eyewear picture is very good. They're both looking but. This make-up sucks :yuk:

I'm going out on a limb here, I think this eyewear campaign is new. Sorry if it's a repost:(
Scanned by Manuva from Vogue UK March.

I'm pretty sure it's new (as a good scan, certainly). Thanks for posting it!

:wub: gorgeous eyewear shot! incredible!

The last eyewear ad...oh, I just wish Natasha wasn't there. In general, it feels like she detracts from the hippie styled image with some unmistakably 1999 poses.

^Hmm, I think the exact opposite, I think Abbey's weird hippie witch poses ruin the vibe of everything and actually detracts the campaign; Lily does it a little too but at least she pulls it off ^_^ Overall, I'm not sure how I feel about the campaign but I like the eyewear shot :heart:

^But the clothing, the make-up...everything is made to look like it's 1969. Natasha looks like an anachronism to me. But perhaps that's the point? To have someone looking like Donatella Versace in the foreground in every shot as a harsh reminder of the time we live in, despite the hippie clothes....?

^But the clothing, the make-up...everything is made to look like it's 1969. Natasha looks like an anachronism to me. But perhaps that's the point? To have someone looking like Donatella Versace in the foreground in every shot as a harsh reminder of the time we live in, despite the hippie clothes....?

I definetely see your point. As I was looking through the campaign I kept thinking, why are they doing these types of poses when they're in the jungle? Why is the feel bohemian-esque so half hearted? The clothes are safari with a dash of caribbean work attire and then 69' flower power; does it even make sense? :lol: I'm not sure what they were going for, but I overall find Natasha the strongest :flower:

Can the shots with Natasha get any better? :heart:
thank you shely

Like I said earlier in the thread. Abbey looks like something from the old 'Planet Of The Apes' movies.. in a few shots. It's the eye make up that looks awful on her.. She looks fanatstic in the 'Flora' campaign.. I just can't understand why I dislike her in this campaign :unsure:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amywhiffen
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->