Gucci F/W 08.09 : Lily, Kasia, Ksenia, Abbey Lee, Eniko by Inez & Vinoodh

There is only one picture where two brown-haired girls are standing in the back, not recognizable. Maybe Gucci or I&V didn't like their shots because like someone said earlier, it would be a waste of money two cast two other expensive girls to be in the background in only one picture. Either they are not in this ads or there shots have been cancelled, who knows.

I love this campaign, it has a lot of energy and it represet very well the concept of the collection.

^ Well you can't see Kasia and Ksenia anyway, appart from their blurry silhouettes in the background in one pic, and a slightly clearer view of Kasia, still in the background, in another one :ninja:

i think this season not the best, but look nice!

I don't think the aesthetic is the Manson family at all.

It was shot in Mallorca [Spain] firstly not in the Californian hills.

I think they were going more for a bohemian luxe aesthetic inspired by Marianne Faithful, Anita Pallenberg etc etc

But ultimately I see Kate Moss Bohemia in this. You see those paparazzi pictures of her at her country house in England somewhere and its the same sort of thing. Glamazon goes back to the woods kind of thing. The quintessential bohemian, right? She'll wear luxury furs and dresses, but she'll wear them on a farm with her rocker boyfriend at her side, singing folk songs and swaying to the music! :lol: :wub:

campaign is nice..love the colors..
but they kinda look like hippies on an acid trip :/

that's one of the best things about it :P , the others are beautiful set and Lily looking amazing ^_^

Last edited by a moderator:
To be totally honest I think this is one of the worst Gucci campaigns ever! But that's just my opinion!

i guess this ads it's not worst. there's another gucci ad that is the worst. the ads for this season quite good and the atmosphere is just different.

it's a nice campaign. i would have rather seen kasia and ksenia rather than abbey lee and eniko, but they look lovely nonetheless.

i'm having lily overexposure, so i would have preferred one of the other girls as the star or have them all equally stars of the campaign.

^ Yes. Please leave some space for the other girl to get main spot.. If only in 1 or 2 photos Lily can be cropped out, it will be perfect campaign! :flower:

only one eyewear ad so far? can't wait to see the others...

Although I do like this campaign, and after seeing the whole thing at the Gucci site, I am extremely disappointed that Kasia and Ksenia are virtually nowhere in sight.:angry: Sticking 2 top girls in the background (if that is them at all) is pretty ridiculous.:judge:
At first I was seriously pissed that Masha Novoselova was dropped from the shoot and also had reservations about Eniko.........who actually does well here:shock: But this would have been great exposure for Ksenia, who is also prefect for this collection and would have added another big campaign to Kasia's resume.
Just utterly pointless.:huh:

love the ads for the way they were shot, yet hate that this is the direction gucci is taking...i dont really want to buy the clothes and i dont find it all that appealing, its kinda busy for my taste

I LOOOOVVVVEEE this!
The images are so cinematic to me.
I wish these were screen captures of a film directed by Sofia Coppola about the Mansons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vejjehejrh
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->