Gucci S/S 2009 : Abbey Lee, Lily, Natasha by Inez & Vinoodh

Here is the full collection minus eyewear..

extracted by me - gucci.com

I disagree...in my opinion Abbey is looking great here from the 3 girls she's the one that is making really striking poses & standing out, she fits theses ads very well. And I don't even call that "Flora" campaign a campaign, that is only 1 shot & her hair is covering most of her face.
Like Spike413 said, Natasha is looking the same as she always looks, she's not making much in these ads at all, so I don't get why people say that she outshines more than the other girls.

At the end of the day, we are both NEVER going to agree :lol:
It's down to personal taste.

Thanks sedirea - with this perspective, it's just the fourth pic really where Natasha stands out as just horrible - the way she's dropped her jaw....ugh...

Oh sorry I feel like a ditz now.. i went back like 5 pages and saw someone else scanned from the main campaign, so I assumed it hadnt. Sorry :blush:

People lighten up.

The first thing is that everyone looks horrible, all the girls and all the boys.

Natasha is not doing anything here but since she's not Toni Garrn we will all agree that she is the most amazing face and model of the century, that's the way it is and it has always been.

Lily is the best thing that happned to Gucci since a long time. She is not over the top but still shows you how Gucci does it even if their clothes are getting uglier season by season.

Inez and Vinoodh bore me to tears. And even if I dislike Abbey I think she really works the most here, the result is not very outstanding but that might not be her fault.

@sedirea: the "full collection minus eyewear" pics you posted is actually incomplete. Just so you know, there's still more group pics out there. :flower:

Here's a UHQ scan of the Natasha Poly/Mathias Bergh eyewear advert found in the March 2009 issue of Vanity Fair.

Scan courtesy of VampireHorde

:shock:

People are just giving an opinion about it & Natasha was definitely the less criticized in this thread, on the other hand Abbey yes she was very criticized here, which I don't get why so much negativity towards to how a model looked in this campaign, seriously...

I personally really like all the models (Lily + Natasha more than Abbey but that's only because I haven't completely familiarized myself with her work), comes down to personal taste I guess, ehh.

Natasha is the best in these ads, she looks cute and sexy (not stellar). Abbey seems underused, and photographed from weird and not always the best angles. Lily looks atrocious. That purple eye make-up is not helping her or the others, but it makes her eyes look small and sleepy. Bad job, makeup artists !!

The clothes don't look special, things you could easily find at Zara.

this campaign has the same backdrop with S/S 04. the one with hana soukupova. but nonetheless, i think this one is good. well, natasha just outshines the rest! for me, she is the star if this!

I really dislike this campaign. I think it looks really cheap. The clothes don't look luxurious, they look like Forever 21.

Lily D. has made a big progress on her career
some people start to feel bored about her
to me it's still good to see her in the fashion world

Scanned by me from Vogue Brazil February 2009

^Natasha is a top model so of course a lot of her fans would praise her if they think she looks great, which I agree that she does. Whether it's just her face, a certain pose or whatever. The same would go with a photo of Daria, Gemma or any other top girl I think. The fans back them up 100%. I don't think she looks her best, in fact, none of the girls do to me, but I won't deny she looks fantastic in some of the shots. It's all on a bases of opinion I suppose :flower:

Eh-eh. I'm a die-hard Hilary fan but that didn't blind me to the fact that she looked like an ugly tranny on a German Vogue cover last year. Being a fan doesn't mean you abandon all critical faculties :lol:.

Anyway, I'm not a fan of Natasha (at all) but she's comparatively the best for me in most of the shots precisely because she doesn't do the crazy hippy movies and tripped out faces Lily and Abbey were apparently directed to do. They don't really fit into the ads at all. She got it through luck of the draw rather than any kind of amazing model skills.

There's a new ad scanned and posted by whatelseinga @ Modelhommes which doesn't look like it belongs to the SS09 campaign :unsure:

That one looks good. I like the guy's look and I kind of like tennis courts. More photo shoots with tennis courts I say!

That's the best shot of the campaign, background looks natural and the lines on the court are making it look more elegant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
todayfendi
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->