Gucci F/W 2015.16 Milan

Do you know this is still Frida's design?

No, it's not. this collection is designed by Alessandro Michele.
Regards this collection, the whole thing look quite confusing. They tried to be "ugly pretty" like Prada but ultimately failed. Everything doesn't scream cool or luxe to me. it's so so with references to Chanel, YSL, Prada here and there.

the gucci woman, no matter who the creative director is, is supposed to be strong, glamorous, powerful.

This :cry:

The last thing we need in fashion is another luxury house making sweet/girly-girls designs.

Bring back the sex :judge:

There are so much information, so many different things ... no unity at all, a total mess :/ I can't even tell is there is a part I like, everything is so random.

I like the look on Yumi :D

I did expect it to look like a librarian's wardrobe. So I'm not at all disapointed. Let's all hug our Gucci clothes from past seasons. It'll never be the same again.

call me crazy but I love it :mrgreen:
I LOVE IT too! I haven't liked a Gucci collection in a long time.

This is hip, hippie luxury that Marc Jacobs can only dream he could design, it doesn't try too hard, yet it is sublimely luxe. I am guiltily coveting the white belted astrakhan coat at the end. The colour combinations are beautiful, such blues, greens, reds, velvets, silks, furs, I haven't seen such colours and textures so tastefully assembled, I am liking Michele's work a lot.

Oh, the styling! The styling! It's just unexplicable. :ninja: Not that the actual clothes are helping much either. Those see-through tops and skirts? What is this, Guy Laroche? And the prints, the color palette... it feels incredibly dated. Frida at her worst was still doing better than this mess.

No, it's not. this collection is designed by Alessandro Michele.
Regards this collection, the whole thing look quite confusing. They tried to be "ugly pretty" like Prada but ultimately failed. Everything doesn't scream cool or luxe to me. it's so so with references to Chanel, YSL, Prada here and there.

His first full collection will be shown in September. If you have seen his menswear collection, this is exactly the same package they put out, and was referred as Frida's last work.

at least frida's woman was always beautiful, those glasses and the lack of make-up are just so bad. i think there are maybe one or two nice summer dresses but you can get that from so many other brands in milan..

His first full collection will be shown in September. If you have seen his menswear collection, this is exactly the same package they put out, and was referred as Frida's last work.

I thought it was supposed to be Frida's final collection, but they changed it to the design team because of all the tension??

Last edited by a moderator:
Was the menswear opening look recycled into the closing look of this show?

Kering’s reward for its efforts at Gucci will take time to emerge but Alessandro Michele has hit the ground running. He has rapidly taken responsibility for the brand’s fashion week shows and will be fully immersed in the Spring/Summer collections to be presented in September.
businessoffashion

no. Frida's work was completely scrapped last minute right before the Mens show in January and both men & women collections were redesigned under Alessandro's direction. This collection has nothing to do with Frida anymore.

http://www.vogue.co.uk/news/2015/01...ive-director-gucci-frida-giannini-replacement

It looks like a fashion show put on by a local flea market.

no. Frida's work was completely scrapped last minute right before the Mens show in January and both men & women collections were redesigned under Alessandro's direction. This collection has nothing to do with Frida anymore.

http://www.vogue.co.uk/news/2015/01...ive-director-gucci-frida-giannini-replacement
I don't want to fight against you, but can you really get more than 150 pieces into reality in 5 days before the menswear show aka the collection we are looking at? I don't think anyone can.

Boring :ninja: I won't be surprised if he will be replaced soon

Well I thought it was simply beautiful. I know it will take a while for people to detach themselves from the image of a sexy glitz-glam Gucci, but it was about time for someone to give a fresh and new approach to the house, and I think Alessandro is doing that really well.

The show had such a sweet sense of romanticism and nostalgia, like the models time traveled from the 40s and updated their wardrobes along the way. I also love how he's adding gender-crossing elements for both men and women. I find all so extremely luxurious and desirable.

It's a new dawn, it's a new day.

I don't want to fight against you, but can you really get more than 150 pieces into reality in 5 days before the menswear show aka the collection we are looking at? I don't think anyone can.

Have you seen anything remotely Frida-ish in these two last two flea market collections? ( thanx tigerrouge :flower:)

Well I thought it was simply beautiful. I know it will take a while for people to detach themselves from the image of a sexy glitz-glam Gucci, but it was about time for someone to give a fresh and new approach to the house, and I think Alessandro is doing that really well.

The show had such a sweet sense of romanticism and nostalgia, like the models time traveled from the 40s and updated their wardrobes along the way. I also love how he's adding gender-crossing elements for both men and women. I find all so extremely luxurious and desirable.

It's a new dawn, it's a new day.

That's great and all but how do those adjectives relate to the brand Gucci? (Which I think is the main complaint in this thread. )
Brand identity is key in this business.

So you're saying Gucci unceremoniously fired Frida, used her designs for Men & Women FW 2015 shows and put Alessandro name to the credits? Really?

Also, check Gucci's official website:

Alessandro's first collection in his new role will be for Women’s ready-to-wear for Autumn/Winter 2015-16 to be presented on 25 February, in Milan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianapalm
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->