Gucci F/W 2022.23 Milan

It's kind of crazy to me, or not really when I think about it, how he gets a pass in a review by Nicole Phelps when it's clear as day this collection could've been labelled any other season he has done and we wouldn't know the difference.

Even his faux existential dribble about the wearing of clothes being a transformative threshold in order to give a "meaning" to the collection. Why not just say what it is at this point...."Another parade of random pieces and I focused on tailoring."

I wouldn’t consider myself a fan of AM’s Gucci, but I always look forward to his tailoring.

That blue corduroy suit is great, a standout of this seasons suiting options.

Good tailoring, boring collection and another tired collaboration. Michele seems to not have anything else to say…

I'll never understand the hype behind his tailoring pieces, the silhouettes are so awkward even the models look slapped together wearing them, let alone regular customers.
I don't know if it is a result of his repeated use of large collars, but I've always found his tailoring to look overly stiffened. It will look great on a hanger but never quite sits with the body/wearer.

For me, this collection is more of the same. AM gets away with it because it sells, the reviewers are paid to not say anything bad about it and the propositions aren't that complex enough but are marketed as a performance of fashion-meets-psychoanalysis. Exhausting.

exhausting to look at...
and why held during women's fashion week if it's a men's collection?

This show is a complete snooze fest and if not for the epilepsy-inducing flashing lights and the visual vomit of the set I doubt that anyone could seriously stay awake watching this show because there’s almost nothing new and even if there is it’s drowned by the colour palate and the set design…

Collaborations have taken precedence over fashion and design. Streetwear is no longer viable as it once was, so designers and brands have now resorted to this alternative and unfortunate method to increase sales. Kim Jones has even made a career of it! It’s easy for a “designer” to take the easy route by working with another brand or individual. Less work and research is always a plus in the minds of the suits. If a house can do less work and make more money then of course it’s going to catch on. Why wouldn’t it? It’s really such a shame that it’s coming from houses with such incredible legacies. The greed of these conglomerates has gotten out of control. There is nothing luxurious about a $3000 dress with an Adidas stripe running down side. As long as it sells then who cares right? Adidas is made in China with cheap labor and unfair work practices. Is that really something designers and owners would want associated with their brands?

Now Michele's Gucci has become very stale at this point. When he debuted, I was kind of feeling a breath of fresh air. But after numerous repetitive collections, I decide not to comment on this brand from now on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
darvesh
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->