Gucci S/S 2014 : Amanda, Elisabeth, Luca & Tommaso by Mert Alas & Marcus Piggott

I was expecting better from Amanda facially . EE is not Gucci.

Kinda boring but both Amanda and Elizabeth are striking. Yes, more established girls would have been much better in the campaign. Imagine a campaign with Natasha Poly and Anja Rubik...:heart: Would have turned out much better.

^And in this one, I think Elisabeth looks better than Amanda. I would have not pictured Amanda & Elisabeth together, in a campaign moreover. Because Amanda has very strong features while Elisabeth is more on the "classic beauty" side, at least on the runway. I'm convinced by this cast though. They pair quite well. The clothes look really appealing, too.

I just do not get the pairing of Elisabeth with Gucci, nothing about her look screams expensive to me, Amanda on the other hand looks amazing. It doesn't really help that M&M photoshopped the sh*t out of their faces though.

I definitely prefer the menswear shot to the womenswear shots. That said, this is a massive, monumental step up from last season's total disaster.

I like the campaign and think they both fit quite well together. :smile:

Who are this women??? :ermm::blink:
The blonde one looks so uncomfortable and awkward. Boring so far.

I'm surprised to see a consensus preference in this thread for Amanda over Elizabeth. Is it because people don't care for Elizabeth in general? I think she looks far better than Amanda. Neither is someone I'd cast in a Gucci campaign, but Elizabeth somewhat makes it work. Amanda on the other hand, totally wrong. She doesn't have the sex appeal, glamor, attitude or simple beauty to be in this. But then, Abbey has been a Gucci muse for years now and she doesn't have any of those either. I guess that's the direction Frida likes.

i really dont like either girl in this campaign, elisabeth is still a snoozefest and Amanda's appeal just doesnt scream gucci to me. Where is Katya R to replace Elisabeth and Andreea to replace Amanda

Neither girls possess a commanding, sultry quality about them especially Elisabeth and her lack of everything. They could replace her with a blank cardboard cutout and still get the same effect.

My opinion on the campaign has changed since I seen the first womenswear image. I didn't think the girls had an ounce of chemistry between them (unlike Karmen Pedaru and Abbey Lee Kershaw in the S/S 2012 ads). They just looked mediocre to me, another one of Frida's phases and both failed to fit the Gucci aesthetic.

I just seen an advert inside UK Elle's February issue and my low opinion was changed instantly. There's something about the colours (Do these dark tones fail to convey a spring mood? I'm unsure.) and lack of post-production which I have to applaud. Plus, I've always had a compulsive need to automatically admire every single Gucci campaign - I can see the good and the bad but end up loving each season.

When you have the idea of Gucci campaigns in the past, this isn't really up to par. I don't feel the strength or sensuality that is the norm season after season. Photographically it falls flat and doesn't make me dream at all. Quite disappointed :(

I expected more from Gucci, it's refreshing to see new girls though

What a sad campaign. The clothes are horror, the colours are terrible.
I really don't understand why they're sitting on the floor. It's so unflattering for the clothes who don't have much shape in them to begin with.

And the models, GOD. Elisabeth is soooo weak in her expressions, while Amanda looks really harsh. Whatever happened to Karmen? I thought she was perfection for Gucci.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roller69
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->