Gucci S/S 2014 : Amanda, Elisabeth, Luca & Tommaso by Mert Alas & Marcus Piggott

Menswear looks powerful and interesting. Tommaso did it great, but women so flat and plain, the worst cast in years.

I have to say I don't like the new direction at all.I prefer the previous campaigns in 2011,2012...If you move the "Gucci" logo,I guess you can never recognize this is the campaign..The clothes are super sexy,but girls failed to impress me.

I've really grown to dislike gucci, the collections get worst every season. Menswear looks good

Bad casting. I'm not feeling the essence of Gucci from this Campaign.
The S/S '13 campaign with Anja & Karmen was marvelous. I wish they would shoot something similar.

My ideal star cast would include Natasha, Karmen and Joan.

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't think the girls had an ounce of chemistry between them (unlike Karmen Pedaru and Abbey Lee Kershaw in the S/S 2012 ads).

That's exactly what I don't like about it. I like Amanda and Elisabeth individually but together they really don't work. Elisabeth would work better with girls like Vanessa, Katya or Sasha, and Amanda with Joan, Nadja or Andeea.

To be honest, Tommaso stole the ad. He looks fantastic and a perfect choice for Gucci.

the menswear campaign looks fab. i don't have a problem with the womenswear casting, i just wish what they were wearing didn't look so god awful

untagged maybe the above one can be deleted by the mods

lekiosk

That blue bag looks so ugly & cheap against that bright red background. :yuk: IDK who thought that was a good idea.

Absolutely uninspired and boring, agree with the comments that the models look sick.I would've expected to see something more sporty and luxurious, perhaps women on the move, since that was the feel of the collection.

Hmm, I'm not fond the the latest shot either. The dark background fails to compliment the blue bag there, and looks inexpensive as valliaddict mentioned too. You'd think a contrast in colours would work but it totally flops here.

I'm beginning to feel very unimpressed with all of this, again.. :rolleyes:!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->