Help Picking Out Sunglasses / Yay or Nay? (Please read rules in post #1)

I think everyone looks good in oversized ones a la Audrey Hepburn in "Breakfast at Tiffanys".

i think it's all about the attitude you have when you're rockin' your shades B)

for example, i've always admired those huge aviator type sunglasses that kate moss wears, but i have a round face, and never thought i could pull something like that off. well, one day, i was at Jeffrey's in NY, and fell in love with these aviators by Marni. they fit my face perfectly... except that they were so huge! larger than anything i had ever been used to. but all the salespeople (and even JEFFREY himself) there convinced me to get it, and it's so "movie-star" and ostentatious, that when i put it on, i can't help but feel a little glamorous. and instead of feeling self-conscious about it (like i would have in the past), i've just learned to rock it with the right attitude, and i haven't since looked back. it's my favorite pair now. :blush:

Are those Gucci? You might want to try them on if they are, they run very, very narrow and made me look like I was wearing Happy Meal sunnies.

I wanted them so bad, they're at Off5th for $30.

^^No, Diorling they aren't Gucci. They aren't anything. They're just some shades my father-in-law gave to my hubby and I stole them.....I like them alot. :smile:

Well, anyway. I love the Gucci ones. I think that circular lens look that was big in the 90s is coming back. Its so simple and chic. Those sunnies are nice anyways...

Diorling said:
Well, anyway. I love the Gucci ones. I think that circular lens look that was big in the 90s is coming back. Its so simple and chic. Those sunnies are nice anyways...

I think they're from that era. Thanks for liking them. :flower:

Sorry.. I dont like them.

Is that thing on the top of them, reminds me of some old ones my dad used to wear.

My dad had a pair very similar to those. I used to steal it from him all the time!

I like them ^_^ but what I don't like from them is the center part. Good thing you can get this for $5 or so :P

I don't like the upper bar. But aside of that, they are great. I love Aviator style sunglasses. but unfortunatly, they arent doing well on me :(

I agree it depends how u were them, cos u can be getting a funky/pimp look or a super cool chic look.

How to pick out sunglasses?

I LOVE the sunglasses thread. I have a great pair of huge pink Gucci sunglasses with gold bits on the side that I love. Sometimes I'm afraid their a bit too overpowering for my face, but the sales associate assured me that they are hot! Hopefully she's right!

But what are the general guidelines for picking out sunglasses? How do you decide on color, shape, style, ect? I'm buying a pair for my friends birthday, but I'm nervous that she won't like them or they won't suit her! They are a pair of black Gucci's with a square looking metal G on the side. They are featured in an ad, wich I just saw but can't find for the life of me!

Also, saw a pair of fab Dior ones I wanted for myself, but they seemed way too trendy. I couldn't imagine wearing them for too long.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->