Help Picking Out Sunglasses / Yay or Nay? (Please read rules in post #1)

Something I have learned in the past week is that you gotta inspect sunglasses carefully and try to see the potential damage that may occur. I have these Dior's ,clear plastic shade with the metal harnesses thru them, D on the side- Miss Diorella something or other.
Around the metal parts the plastic (actually shades) are cracking, I never thought this would be possible. But it is! I am so mad!
On a similar note, my mother bought these same type of glasses (green clear shades with metal- no actual frame) Versace's from Saks and hers craked in half a few weeks ago!
I also have these other black Dior (Latina) sunglasses and those actually dismantled while in my glove compartment. The latter pair I bought at Nordstrom and though its been a year later, I am taking those back...

Now I am sure that this doesnt happen to everyone so it may not help you much. But something I would like to advise is that you dont buy like the 'hottest' or most trendiest style- because you dont wanna spend $500 on some huge frames or what ever that will be out like in 3 months!

buy the shades if u like them
You can fit your makeup and hairstyle to make it suit ur face :smile:

i dont think its such a good idea for you to buy sunglasses for your friend.
unless she tried them on before and you know that she loved it.

That's what I'm afraid of. But she really really wants a pair.

I picked out these, from a botique a few blocks from my house. I saw them in an ad, but can't find it now. Does anyone know where I could find an image online?

If she doesn't like them we can go and exchange them for something else. I'm actually thinking of getting something a bit bigger.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6770963891

the best way to pick out sunglasses is really to try each pair on... it's so difficult to tell just by looking online because sometimes the smallest difference in the size or shape or angle could make it look ridiculous on someone. something that helps is knowing how high the cheekbones are and the bridge of the nose... if you have a very low bridge and high cheekbones some styles may not be suitabe for you, such as chanel's big 5066? aviators or the larger 5065s because they won't sit on your face properly. also the wideness of their face... if someone's got a very narrow face, don't get something too wide that'll completely go over the sides of the face (unless they're a celebrity then perhaps you'd wanna do something like that?)...and if someone's got a very wide face, then don't choose something too narrow, esp with that style of gucci there. good luck!

meowmix said it best, it's trial and error really. You try on until you find the ones that work best.

Thanks for all the info meowmix. I did pick out the glasses in person, but that was the best photo I could find online. I tried a bunch on and tried to imagine what they would look like on her, but I think I need to go back and do some reconsidering.

If I post a picture of her, would you be able to give me some advice on what the best shape would suit her? (don't worry, she won't mind about the picture, since I already have the same one on our website, i wouldn't go posting pics of her online if I knew she would get upset)

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=6951045&uid=3385598

She's the one on the left. Her hair's a strawberry blonde now, if that makes a difference. She lives in NYC now, but is moving out to L.A. soon, and I thought the sunglasses would make a good gift. I don't want something too trendy, so I think I want to stick with black, preferably Gucci.

Any advice on what shapes I should be looking for? Feel free to post pictures.

Plastic'sWife said:
Something I have learned in the past week is that you gotta inspect sunglasses carefully and try to see the potential damage that may occur. I have these Dior's ,clear plastic shade with the metal harnesses thru them, D on the side- Miss Diorella something or other.
Around the metal parts the plastic (actually shades) are cracking, I never thought this would be possible. But it is! I am so mad!
On a similar note, my mother bought these same type of glasses (green clear shades with metal- no actual frame) Versace's from Saks and hers craked in half a few weeks ago!
I also have these other black Dior (Latina) sunglasses and those actually dismantled while in my glove compartment. The latter pair I bought at Nordstrom and though its been a year later, I am taking those back...

Now I am sure that this doesnt happen to everyone so it may not help you much. But something I would like to advise is that you dont buy like the 'hottest' or most trendiest style- because you dont wanna spend $500 on some huge frames or what ever that will be out like in 3 months!

Ouch...that's why I don't buy frameless sunglasses anymore because I had this pair that only had a metal structure on the top and first like the lens came off then I got them screwed again and later the whole thing started cracking.

Also if the plastic frame is very thin it can be dangerous because with just a little pressure the frame can crack and hence can't be pasted or fixed.

My advice: make sure they suit ur face well and then also it's not worth spending $100 on some shades that will not be hot later and can be broken or get lost...

Sunglasses: What do you think?

In my opinion...during the summer months sunglasses define your look. Recently I tried on Chanel Sunglasses (4095b)
ch1.bmp

ch2.bmp

and I'm thinking of purchasing them even though they are a slightly older style, Any suggestions besides these glasses? What is everyone else wearing?

Sorry, this is in the wrong place, but it's not letting me delete it!!

eBay Dior Golf Sunglasses Yes or No??HELP!!

What do you all think of these Dior Golf Blue Sunglasses there at £50 and I'm not sure if its worth it, What do u all think???

d6_1.JPG

c6_1.JPG
91_1_b.JPG

I hate the color, they're very Britney. I like the glasses in themselves, because they're quite similar to mine and I love the cute visor, but the color is blah.

eh... I don't really like them.... I was never into those kind of sunglasses anyway though.

The color's nice though.. but I find something cheesy about the detachable visor. If you're giong to actually use them to golf though, Maybe it'd be useful!

I don't like the style, but I do like the colour.

I guess it just depends on whether or not you can pull it off.

Don't love the colour actually...the visor is so so...
Plus, $50,-? Probably not authentic then. These shades would at least cost something around $200 if theye were authentic... or so I think.

I'm rather certain they aren't real, we sold them at work, out of stock now though, the were about £180 they are adorable i love the style, though i don't like that colour, they 'd look better black, the shape is so hot though!

Honestly, I'm not feeling them at all. Too Hilton-esque. Besides, I'm pretty certain they're fake :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Annhedonia Beretta
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->