High-Waisted Trousers

I have two black ones, one is Aramni that I bought like 4 years ago, and one is balenciaga FA2004..I'm 5'7 and 115lbs..A lot of people are afraid to wear them..and lots of my friends think im gutsy to wear them..since most girls my age wear tight jeans at night...i wear both mine (which are tapered and baggy) with a tiny top (u have to balance it out) I especially love to wear either one with my Valentino cropped black top..black and black with heels can never go wrong..especially with high waisted pants...! Good luck!

brian said:
balenciaga spring 2003

00021.L.JPG
00025.L.JPG

I LOVE THIS!!!!:heart::heart::heart::heart::woot::woot:

That is perfection. Does anyone know, if there is still a possibility to get hold of these beauties??

Try ebay. They were all over it not too long ago. Search for Balenciago or Chloe. A lot of posts showed the shot of Chloe Sevigny wearing them.

I like the look, too!! You just have to have a proportioned figure to pull it off :smile:

Thanks, Curious. :flower:

Is so difficut to buy things llike that on the ebay, you never know how they will fit, and ou can almost never return them :unsure:

^ True. You may be able to re-auction them fairly easily since they're designer, but that would take some effort. Good luck!

Morgan - those Chloe looks are great!!

Personally I (l) this trend, and would not hesitate to buy a pair of lovely high waisted pants, BUT....do you think they are more suited to women as opposed to girls???I'm only 17 and want to look my age...also, what sort of tops would you wear with it? I like the whole 'fitted shirt' thing, but is there anything else? help me decide!

I think most of these examples look pretty bad, and it'll look worse on normal people off the runway. For how many years now has it been the norm to say that high-waisted trousers look absolutely ridiculous? And now people are liking them again. I mean, I know fashion and trends go 'round and 'round, but to me, this just seems like an eternally bad look that should never be "in style". That last Chloe picture just looks hideous. Imagine a normal person wearing those.

Last edited by a moderator:
hey hey hey.. girls in low waist is sexy. girls in highwaist, can be also sexy and cool [SJP see above]... but the 85-90s tremd is sooooo .. not appealing :cry::innocent:

High-waisted trousers has been appearing on the runways often enough for the past seasons. It does look elegant but it's hard to pull this off.

I feel that anyone attempting this style has gonna have a well-proportioned/modelesque figure..if not it just won't work.

Personally, I don't like the trend. Some models can pull it off, so it works on the runway, but remember, that's their job, they can pull off anything. I don't think it works as well with normal people. But if you have a nice figure and are elegant about it, you might be able to pull it off.

I think the style is suited to woman, though, more than girls. I could never see myself in high-waisted trousers right now.

BelleChic said:
Personally, I don't like the trend. Some models can pull it off, so it works on the runway, but remember, that's their job, they can pull off anything. I don't think it works as well with normal people. But if you have a nice figure and are elegant about it, you might be able to pull it off.

I think the style is suited to woman, though, more than girls. I could never see myself in high-waisted trousers right now.

maybe when a new jean style is on the horizon, then you can see yourself wearing them. I am almost sure in a couple of years this low-waist madness will be over. they will replace typical jeans. all jeans will be low-waist, and then high-waist will be introduced as a new trend, isn't it like that how it works?

Last edited by a moderator:
AlexN said:
I think most of these examples look pretty bad, and it'll look worse on normal people off the runway. For how many years now has it been the norm to say that high-waisted trousers look absolutely ridiculous? And now people are liking them again. I mean, I know fashion and trends go 'round and 'round, but to me, this just seems like an eternally bad look that should never be "in style". That last Chloe picture just looks hideous. Imagine a normal person wearing those.

For how many years now has it been the 'norm' to think that Gucci is the epitome of style and taste?

I personally love high waisted anything! .. I see it as being really sophisticated and truly flaunts a woman's curves..providing you have some :P

But at the moment.. its dead hard finding that perfect pair .. might just have to get my sewing kit and machine out.

Moda_junkie said:
I am almost sure in a couple of years this low-waist madness will be over.

I, personally, can't wait for this!! I'm tired about having to worry about plumber's crack :P

Unfortunately, today, it's either that or granny jeans! Where's the happy medium??

Curious said:
I, personally, can't wait for this!! I'm tired about having to worry about plumber's crack :P

Unfortunately, today, it's either that or granny jeans! Where's the happy medium??

you're so right. you know, i'm a guy and although i find low-waist trousers sexy [at least if they cover a fab body or even so], I'm tired of seeing women of all-ages and all weights, heights or anyhow, to wear these low-waist pants and be afraid to sit on a chair or constantly keep their hands up their ***es. [excuse me for that :blush: ].

Believe me, if I wanted to go sight-seeing, I would never ever consider taking a walk somewhere, where I can EASILY spot a crack of a 1000pound whale :woot: :blush:

There was a recent Vanity Fair (I think) layout w/Angelina Jolie cavorting around a hotel suite with her little kid. She had on some bitchin' highwaisters. (The scanned pix are somewhere on the message board here I think.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hellbendcat69
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->