High-Waisted Trousers

^ugh, sorry if i made it sound like i'm trying to garner sympathy for my thighs. i am not, i know perfectly well i could work out and that would change. i think i am just annoyed because pants are much harder to find that fit right when there is a waist involved with them. either it's too tight or too loose comparatively with the rest of the pant leg so i never find any that fit. consequently, i have many pairs of pants with quite loose waists or inadvertently long crotches because the waist is usually too big (better than too small?). maybe designers came up with the low rise deal so that it would be easier to make pants!

I agree sea of stitches--there should be a happy medium. Either pants are two big in the waist or too small-and neither look appropriate. I am not a big fan of high waisted anyway.

I want some really high ones, like the ones balenciaga did a couple of seasons ago but i'd like to try on before i buy, anbd not resort to ebay :cry:

I am a low slung pants girl myself, i find anything at the natural waist too restrictive. But there is a real charm to the 1930s/70s highwaisted pant look if done well. i suppose I always liked the hip-huggers look-- more freedom, a little attitude, less caged/cinched in:glare:

mode_addict said:
i've been trying to say that to girls. short girls esp with short legs should NEVER wear low waisted pants. (i'm thinking of britney spears, she has thicker and shorter legs and she wears too much low waisted pants. a mid waisted jean would look so much better on her and accentuate what she has) they make themselves look shorter. try a mid waist or teh high waist. it elongates your legs esp with heels like everyone said.

I've been searching for jeans that are mid-wasted. I swear on my grandmother that I cannot find any jeans with a rise higher than 7.5" :angry: If you could suggest any brands, I'd be forever greatful. I love SEvens but as far as I know, they only go to 7.5 rise. :flower:

^ well obviously all jeans fit different people differently, but I've found that express precision fit jeans have a perfect mid-rise.

still searching for the perfect pair of high waisted, wide legged trousers. ^_^

The high waisted trouser are so classic!! I love high powered basics.

My only problem is that I have a short torso, so when the low waist / low rise type of pants came out it worked out well for me because I did not have all this space around the inseam or crotch area. I still love the look, but it doesn't work for my body type. ^_^

The high waist.....you can run but can't hide

I am sure someone has already started a thread on the new, high waist. Give a newbie a break.:P

The low waist has stuck around for a long time, but it seems that Fall 2005 and Spring/Summer 2006 are heralding the "new" empire waist, bringing it up under the bustline. It is strictly women's wear for now, but I am sure it will cross over into men's (the low waist crossed from women's into men's).

Are you happy? Sad? Panicking? Thrilled to see the end of ***-cleavage?

In a narrow pant, it does make the legs look unbelievably long and slim.:woot:

I love the high waisted pencil skirts! Deja Vu 40's and 50's. The only thing is I have kind of wide hips (not dramaticly, people tell me I have nice hips?:huh: ) so I think it would make them look even bigger:doh: But I'm just not use to it yet

Hey any change is good! At least it brings fashion to different directions :smile:

I am not so sure though if people with short torsos will be able to pull off this look..for me, I do have a short torso with long legs, so high waisted bottoms may make people like me look disproportionate.

Ah well, I am sure we will all be able to find a happy median somewhere :D

I love high-waists but I don't think the general public will fully embrace it. Too many girls are too fond of showing as much skin below their belly button as possible, especially here in Oz. :blink:
I think high waists will mainly be a fashion concious girl thing. Although skinny jeans with high waists are sold over here and they're quite popular I believe.

Urkle?
steve5.jpg

lol^

High waists can be so beautiful. I'm with Bonchic; a high-waist tweed pencil skirt from the 40's or 50's (or one really reminiscent of them) makes me salivate. So gorgeous.

Before I actually had a butt, I hated high waists, they make your rear look even flatter. But, thousands of squats later, I am fully ready to embrace again, and have with skirts already...but I'm definitely looking forward to trying some pants too. :D

I am sick of seeing *** cracks, so I will welcome this change with open arms if it actually occurs.

I wish the stores would start to get in high waist pants as Balenciaga did seasons ago..

i love them. :wub:

I'm very exited about high waists, especially in pencil skirts, but trousers too

I think high waists could be good ! Its just getting people back into the swing of the high waists again hehe

I love high waisted pants, I have a couple myself and they are perfect for wearing with little short tops. I love these Jean Paul Gaultier pants Carrie wears in Sex and the City. :heart: (picture from hbo.com)

ep80_carrie_berger_polkadotshirt.jpg

For the gals who tried Chloe high waist trousers or other high waist trousers, how do their sizes go?
I was searching on line, and the smallest Chloe trousers are quoted with 28" waist. Being sitting on the true waist means that the waist should be smaller than the low rise pants, right? Apparently 28" is quite large for high waist pants if size 2 low rise pants normally mean 28" waist...so I wonder if anybody compared the fit of a pair of high waist trousers and low rise trousers...do you normally go with the same size? what if the waist is too large?
thank you. :flower:

I am excited about the high waist trouser but not so much the jeans. I wonder if I'll be able to pull this look off since I have a generous (rounded not wide) butt? My hips are slim but I get the feeling that the high waisted jeans will just accentuate my butt :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hellbendcat69
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->