High-Waisted Trousers

Curious said:
Unfortunately, today, it's either that or granny jeans! Where's the happy medium??
Is there really no normal jean/pant for women right now? :lol: There is for guys. That just seems really weird.

apc is making a highrise jean for women..they are beautiful! all apc jeans are beautiful.

:heart:

I think this look is really nice on the right person and figure..

Personally i couldnt wear them... id feel like my aunty.. who, to make it worse wears a v tight belt and blouse tucked in :sick:

High waisted jeans/pants till around the navel look good, theyre quite comfortable you can wear them with sandals ...

Its easier to wear a lot more shorter tops with them (in places where you cant have your navel flashing!)

Angelina Jolie making high-rise look great. This is definitely my favorite example I've seen so far. I guess it either looks great or looks like crap.

vf69fr.jpg

vf52cu.jpg

I can't do it. My mum used to wear stonewash high-high-waisted jeans that she could barely get her tiny feet through the incredibly tapered ankle opening.

It just.. brings back bad fashion memories..

Of course, if I ever get over that mental image, I do think certain styles look great on certain figures.. :wink:

I love this look personally. I can't pull it off though because I have a rather large waist right now even though it shrank 5 inches. But it looks sophisticated on straight up and down figures imho.

i'm not into 'high' waist (a la Gwen) more into 'normal waist really..
but they are so HARD to find :cry:

Angelica looks divine and i like the look from Gwen's 'performing' photo

High waist pants are the best. Who wants half of their butt showing anyway??? :innocent:

I actually really like gwens trousers... especially the highwaisted knickerbocker trousers. :ninja: ^_^ I'm just not sure many could pull them off as well as her. I love the highwaists and think they're adorable on the right body type and someone who can carry the style well, but like lena said, it'd be nice if it was easier to find 'normal' waisted trousers... I finally found a lovely pair of jeans with a normal waistline, and they're lovely... but low waists are just...well, I'm just so tired of seeing them!

Yeah, those A.P.C. highwaisted jeans are very well fitted... We picked them up for the store that I am working for and I must say that most women who tried them on looked good in them. I´d like to add, though that we didn´t sell them to younger girls, the ones that picked them up were at least 30+...

Last edited by a moderator:
tricotineacetat said:
I´d like to add, though that we didn´t sell them to younger girls, the ones that picked them up were at least 30+...

that's interesting... I'm curious as to why younger women are not into giving them a try. while it's still more common to see older women in high waisters, I almost never see young women in them, and it's a shame really because I think the look is very unique. the natural waistline has been all but lost amongst the younger generation...I'd like to see it come back.

Just a thought, but perhaps high waisted jeans/pants are still considered (by some) as more of an older women's style....and until it becomes very mainstream, most younger woman avoid them.

I've always thought it a pity that more older women didn't embrace the lower waists. Provided that you are covered by a long top, and the waistline isn't too low, I've always considered a lower waistline very flattering....particularly if you don't have a little waist. Most older women I know, stick religiously to their high waists though.:unsure:

Oh! I'm hate all those low-waisted stuff - my shirts are too short for them!

i am way more into high waisted skirts than jeans. i feel that jeans can get slightly bulky under a tight fitting shirt. maybe the problem is that i've never found any high waisted jeans that fit well (i have big thighs :cry: ). if the new jeans are better fitting (maybe i'll try those apc's), then i am okay with it. although a normal waist or maybe slightly lower waisted pants just seems more comfortable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hellbendcat69
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->