Hussein Chalayan F/W 09.10 Paris

I love love the grey pieces. Especially the piece on Jourdan where the the grey fabric is coming out of the dress like a hand and wrapping around the neck. This isn't his most magical, but it's still magical.

Hmm, i like the collection but have to agree with everyone here that compared to his past collections, it is very watered down. I have a couple pieces from Chalayan and it concerns me that this man, who is obviously very intelligent can't marry his 'science projects" with a commercially successful collection yet.

Even with his intelligence he has managed to trap himself in a corner. Maybe this is his response to it.

It's safe, but safe pays the bills.

I must know what the first looks are made from - they look like foam or some sort

love the first 2/3's of the collection. not a huge fan of the printed pieces.
i don't understand where the 'unwearable' tag comes from. most of this looks wearable.

I like it. It's deffinitely not typical Chalayan if you ask me, but the middle third of the show was really lovely for me.

wrap it up...i'll take it...:P
love this stuff!..sexy sexy sexy...
gimme gimme...

^_^

His pieces used to be more experimental but it's nothing bad to see more functional work from him!Those grey pieces are just strikingly sexy.The shapes and colors are perfect!I don't think this's one could-be-from-anyone-collection since I haven't seen anything much similar to his design so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->