Indie "It" Girl Candids

I don't really consider Kate indie either. I think the only ones with indie cred are Scarlett because she was in "Ghost World" and Maggie. Maybe some Claire too.

cutxpaste said:
I don't really consider Kate indie either. I think the only ones with indie cred are Scarlett because she was in "Ghost World" and Maggie. Maybe some Claire too.

I wouldn't call Scarlett an indie girl either, Maggie definitly but eh... Scarlett does both studio and indie films.

vmob84 said:
I mean other than Superman they haven't been big buget films. Mostly moderate, and the Horse Whisperer, Remember the Titans, Blue Crush and Win a Date were the only films attached to big studios. Plus she had small parts in the Horse Whisperer and Remember the Titans. Her next film is an indie as well. I don't think you can tell yet, but she has said in interviews she likes the indie films and the studio ones so I guess we'll see in the future what she does.

True. I think it's just my perception of her that I don't think of her as "indie." I do realize that most or all "indie" actresses balance themselves out with big-budget/box-office films. But if they fail to pick a film with a good screenplay, I lose some of the respect I have for them. Plus, with those films they have to go on a whole media blitz with numerous talk show and tabloid appearances.
Another example besides Kate (w/ Superman), is Scarlett. She did some great films ("Girl with a Pearl Earring," "Lost In Translation") but then she goes and makes "The Island" and "Match Point." Add to that, IMO she doesn't make such a good impression in interviews. It really just depends... my mind fluctuates... :unsure:

cutxpaste said:

I agree, but I'd say Chloe Sevigny is the indie queen though, most def
but my favorite has to be proabaly Scarlett :flower:

Erm, could the title of the thread maybe be changed so it'd be more about the girls' style rather than discussing who are and aren't indie? Mods...? :flower:

haute femme said:
Erm, could the title of the thread maybe be changed so it'd be more about the girls' style rather than discussing who are and aren't indie? Mods...? :flower:

We are getting a bit off topic aren't we... or a lot :innocent:

Cool topic, most of the girls I like/have nice styles :smile:

Though I gotta join in on the who's indie and who's not discussion a bit:D I would definitely have to say, Kate really isn't.! I mean Wonderland must be the only indie I'd say. The rest really not and now with the upcoming Superman Returns, she will be even less indie lol but that's cool, it's nice if she becomes really big and succesful, I would hope that for her. She just really isn't indie. And when it comes to her style or TOTALLY LACK THERE OF.. Haha no comment except she has NONE and I dislike pretty much everything she wears!:lol: lol.. I can't believe it when some of you go on about how much you like what she wears..:huh: Don't get it.. She really needs some life and colour and in that sad, boring and colourless wardrobe of hers. lol Seriously..

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh and I have to add this in the other reply, but the stupid thing won't let me edit after 10 minutes have past lol and I TRIED to edit it 2 times before! But it keeps signing me out! This site does that ALL the time. SO sick of it! lol Am I the only one who it happens to!? Or just something wrong with the site and it always happens..? But just wanna say, also the only reason she is such an "it" girl. She gets all these paparazzi pics taken, gets featured in magazines etc is obviously cause she's dating the gorgeous, talented and succesful Orlando Bloom! lol what else before him she was totally unknown only a bit for Blue Crush, and after that she really hasn't had any big succesful movies, but that will probably change with Superman. I hope so too, cause I do really like her, she's just lovely and a pretty good actress. Just really dislike her wardrobe. Haha..

Here are some old Claire Danes candids. I love her style- she's so laid back:

Love this thread!
IMO the indie girls among those you've nominted are Chloe, Claire, Scarlett and Kirsten in some way, Maggie and don't forget Zooey Deschanel :flower:

dancingellecat said:
Scarlett with her twin brother
awww... thats so cute. i think, its so sweet how she still spends time hanging out with her family, with her busy schelduele.

she's actually. one of the stars i actually respect.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nobody is 100% indie after the second or third movie.... Franka Potente used to be indie, but now she´s as commercial as any other actress. We problably never get to know the genuine indie people in moviemaking. Their names are not known and probably their movies only can be seen only in obscure festivals.

It´s not a big deal... but hey, if you land a cosmetic deal because of your celebrity...it´s hard to consider yourself truly indie.

"kinda indie" to me is something else, that means every now and then you make a movie with an unknown director, you tend to dress down and you act humbly towards your fame, etc. But buckswise...I don´t think there´s one of the actresses in this thread who have not acted in big studio movies or refused the oportunity to earn big money just because the movie wasn´t really significative.

Anyway, all of them are very cute girls and some of them have great modern style.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rearjepaj
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->