Indie "It" Girl Candids

LoveKylie said:
ah thanks lostgirl... =) I never really gotten a grip about who Emmy is.
If you want to see some of her indies, I'd reccomend Songcatcher or Passionada:flower:

I didn't like Passionada.

You know, I find that a lot of these actresses, kirsten dunst, clare danes, kate bosworth etc. really aren't the prettiest people in the world. I'm not saying they're ugly. I just reckon they're not the prettiest. Instead they have very interesting faces that are .... intriguing? Particularly Clare Danes. She's not the prettiest but there's just something about her that draws you to her. She's also a fantastic actress.

Welcome to tFS!:flower:

I really liked Passionada, I thought it was very sweet, romantic, occasionally funny... but I guess it's just different tastes.
I think you have a point about young actresses not necessarily being the most perfect looking. I think it's more about being intesting to look at than flawless. You pointed to the example of Claire Danes, and I think it's a good one: she's a unique beauty. Her imprefections make her more intersting to look at than someone who's features have perfect symmetry. Her generous features draw you in, and she's able to make her face look soft and vulnerable sometimes (especially her eyes) and she can also make her features appear stronger (particularly her jawline and cheekbones). I think that ability is a tremendous asset as an actress.

Love Kirsten, Maggie and Natalie(shame there is no much about her). I just don't get Claire's appeal, she looks like a pretty average girl and the skin...well not too good

I think Maggie Gyllenhaal and Evan Rachel Green and Sienna Miller are the only "indie" girls. (Maybe Selma Blair as well, but I just don't like her face, so I don't wanna put her on my list)
All those wannabe indie girls (kirsten dunst, claire danes and all the rest) are as indie as paris hilton, just the fact that you dress like indie girl does not make you one.

Odette said:
Love Kirsten, Maggie and Natalie(shame there is no much about her). I just don't get Claire's appeal, she looks like a pretty average girl and the skin...well not too good
I think Claires face is really intriguing- it's not "perfect", but the imperfections make it interesting. She has a true unconventional beauty. She has huge eyes and great cheeckbones, and her face can look both strong or gentle. She's what I call a "second glance beauty" she's not the person who draws your eye right away. She more understated. But when you do look at her you realize she's more intesting to look at than the "perfect" (big boobs, symmetrical features, blone hair) girl who you noticed immediatly. Am I making any sense?

yes, i know what you mean. i dont find her strikingly beautiful, but like in romeo and juliet she really catches your eye and is extremely charming and that makes her attractive.

lamb said:
I think Maggie Gyllenhaal and Evan Rachel Green and Sienna Miller are the only "indie" girls. (Maybe Selma Blair as well, but I just don't like her face, so I don't wanna put her on my list)
All those wannabe indie girls (kirsten dunst, claire danes and all the rest) are as indie as paris hilton, just the fact that you dress like indie girl does not make you one.
Claire Danes has only done 1 or 2 mainsteam films. For the most part she sticks to indies. That's why a lot of people think she doesn't work a lot- most of her films aren't release in regular theaters, just arthouse theaters. Romeo + Juliet was a box office hit but that was very unexpected. Terminator 3 was her only big-budget blockbuster. Igby Goes Down, I Love You, I Love You Not, Polish Wedding, It's All About Love, and Stage Beauty are DEFINATELY indie. And some of her more mainstream stuff borders on indie (U-Turn, Princess Mononoke, The Hours). She's not NEARLY as mainsteam as Kirsten Dunst (who's done the occasional indie). And Forget Paris Hilton....
Maggie Gyllenhaal has done mainsteam (Mona Lisa Smile, 40 Days and 40 Nights, Adaptation) does that make her any less indie?
Evean Rachel Wood did Simone, The Upside of Anger, and Prictical Magic- does that negate Thirteen, and Pretty Persuasion?
What indies, has Sienna Miller done? Alfie certainly wasn't wasn't. Layer Cake was borderline indie tho.

Last edited by a moderator:
^ yup. how is she in ANY way comparable to paris hilton .. ? that was really an ignorant post. sorry.

^It wasn't ignorant. A lot of people make posts i agree with on here. Claire really is a natural beauty.

everyone's entitled to their own opinions.

while i don't think she has the "arrogant" look, i don't think she's a natural
beauty. she always looks "odd" to me.

Since when did Win A Date With Todd Hamilton, Spiderman & Spiderman II become 'indie' films? :blink:

^Indie actresses can do Mainstream. But Kiki has done a whole lot of indie, and we're talking about style mainly, non?

Claire Danes and Selma Blair shopping in NYC:

Claire Danes and Gaby Hoffman:

And some Claire candids:

from the Claire Danes thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vejjehejrh
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"