iOffer Bags, Lushfashions.com, etc. #6 (Posting Requires Reading Rules in Post #1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
]
On TPF they compare it a lot to vert thyme as well.

i think the 2010 olive could pass for an aged VT. the original olive is what i love best because it's more of a true army green, but the new one is also great. i've seen VTs with silver and they are gorgeous!

brianna - i would love RGGH. have t&d mentioned this is doable?

shelley - i love the venetia too. all of the copies i've seen are pretty bad though. the older bags DID have dark bordeaux suede lining and dark brass hardware, just like the stams. there were venetias with shiny gold and still suede interiors, and also a round of twill interiors that were dark (i think they were navy?). the tell tale of most of these reps (good ones anyway) is when you open the interior pocket with the MJ plate, the inside of that pocket is blood red versus the dark bordeaux color of the suede. i have a dark brown stam and this is the only sign that the bag's a fake. i bought it ages ago on ioffer. i bought this after i couldn't find a petrol or icy black to my liking.

hautest - i agree with beaver. your bag definitely looks like a pale magenta now. i say finish the entire bag versus sending it to LMB, which will likely cost $200+, if they're even able to extract the conditioner somehow. if it were me, i'd live with it. or finish it so it's even, and try to sell it.

smkelley - wow! your bag came out pretty nice! i swear you girls are the most patient around. i'm not sure i could ever dye a huge bag like that. i am so ADD. :doh:

i am visiting my family for the next few weeks for a family holiday (YAY! :woot:). this means i finally met my...ANTHRA CLUB! :woot::woot::woot:

this bag is...well, it's perfection. i cannot get over how functional the size is. it is funny NOT carrying around a GH bag because i'm so used to the POW!, you know? the club is so cool with all of the tassels, but the hardware seems so small? i'm sure it's just me because i'm not used to carrying RH anymore, but i will compare it to RH bags when i'm out if i see any (it seems all i see are GSH bags for sale these days). we don't have a RH bag to compare it to atm either.

one question for coco regarding the club. my handles look good, imho, but are they supposed to face away from you when holding the bag or towards you? the bag is brand new, so i can seemingly mold it either way, but i was just wondering if the auth sits more in one direction than the other? it probably doesn't, i am just being picky. :unsure:

anthracite is SUCH an interesting color. i would say mine definitely has blue undertones. it isn't the same as officier in any way, but is far more blue than green. i love it. the thing i am most crazy about is this leather. INSANITY! :heart::heart::heart: the leather is think, chewy, some distressing, but not too much, and supple as can be. i am loving this matte leather for the dark bal colors. it makes the bag look so rich!

Hahahaha baga your chainsaw comment made me laugh out loud! ;p

thesiren congrats on your anthra club!! I really like the Anthra colour... :smile:

brianna - i would love RGGH. have t&d mentioned this is doable?

When I mentioned it to them, they told me that Balenciaga was discontinuing GGH. I told them that RGGH was different but they didn't seem to care at the time. I suppose we could make a list to see who was interested though.

Those interested in T&D getting RGGH: brianna, thesiren

i think the 2010 olive could pass for an aged VT. the original olive is what i love best because it's more of a true army green, but the new one is also great. i've seen VTs with silver and they are gorgeous!

one question for coco regarding the club. my handles look good, imho, but are they supposed to face away from you when holding the bag or towards you? the bag is brand new, so i can seemingly mold it either way, but i was just wondering if the auth sits more in one direction than the other? it probably doesn't, i am just being picky. :unsure:

anthracite is SUCH an interesting color. i would say mine definitely has blue undertones. it isn't the same as officier in any way.

thesiren: I actually like the color the the new Olive 2010 more than Vert Thyme. Vert Thyme actually looks like a piece of Thyme herb sprig whereas Olive is truly Olive as in an Olive that one eats.

As for the club the handle is supposed to face away from you. That is how the bag is and there is nothing wrong with your bag. I love my Anthracite one and it is sheer perfection. I love the Regular hardware and the simplicty of the style. The Anthracite one T&D made me has the most amazing leather.
Thick and even distressing and a lovely blue gray just as yours.

Someone contacted T&D that they wanted to know if I would sell my Club.
Really, why would I sell it. I just got it and have only carried it a handful of times. T&D said that if there was interest he would consider making it again.
I would like a black one, what about you?

OMG She's hereeeeeeeeee :buzz: :buzz: :buzz:

I've just received my first nbf bag :clap: And I want more :judge:

Black City GGH ...I'm in loveee :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

The leather is simply gorgeous :wub:

We're spending the night together :blush: My BF sleeps on the couch tonight B)

thesiren: I actually like the color the the new Olive 2010 more than Vert Thyme. Vert Thyme actually looks like a piece of Thyme herb sprig whereas Olive is truly Olive as in an Olive that one eats.

As for the club the handle is supposed to face away from you. That is how the bag is and there is nothing wrong with your bag. I love my Anthracite one and it is sheer perfection. I love the Regular hardware and the simplicty of the style. The Anthracite one T&D made me has the most amazing leather.
Thick and even distressing and a lovely blue gray just as yours.

Really, why would I sell it. I just got it and have only carried it a handful of times. T&D said that if there was interest he would consider making it again.

OK, good to know about the handles. i LOVE this bag! i don't think i'd be down for a black, or at least not yet. it would be too close to the anthra or in the same family. what colors has the club been made in? i think a green would be cool.

thanks so much for sending the auth to t&d! you are a gem! :heart:

thanks for all input everyone!

i think i will most likely condition the rest so it looks like pale magenta. i just did a search and WOW! the siren, you're right, it really does look like that color! i love the leather on the bag so much that i really don't want to part with it. maybe i can find an amethyst for sale on ioffer like baga suggested.

i helped someone at work yesterday with an olive bal in a style i've never seen before. let me look it up now... the color was amazing with ggh! i think it was a 'slim'?

thanks for all input everyone!

i think i will most likely condition the rest so it looks like pale magenta. i just did a search and WOW! the siren, you're right, it really does look like that color! i love the leather on the bag so much that i really don't want to part with it. maybe i can find an amethyst for sale on ioffer like baga suggested.

i helped someone at work yesterday with an olive bal in a style i've never seen before. let me look it up now... the color was amazing with ggh! i think it was a 'slim'?

What did you use to condition it?

My 1st batch Ame got darker and pinkier with use, I never conditioned it. The colour definitely changed. I can see it when I place the mirror on the bag.

lipgloss: thank you! i'm starting to like it now too. i think i'm going to use it this afternoon :smile:

MaLena: i used a leather condition from aldo. that's right, for shoes. i honestly didn't think it would do anything different than any other leather conditioner. it says it's for leather, the bag is leather... but nope! no more amethyst. i kept using it for a month or so after i did the conditioning, so maybe it's also a little of that same natural change like your bag had.

i personally think the 1st amethyst is more pink than purple. i actually wanted a bag that looked more like the 2nd batch, but i was on a break from the boards when they announced the color, so i missed out.

Rose gold! So sexy.

4418009684_31dce0daf2.jpg

pic credit: TPF

Those interested in T&D getting RGGH: brianna, thesiren, bellaswan

When I mentioned it to them, they told me that Balenciaga was discontinuing GGH. I told them that RGGH was different but they didn't seem to care at the time. I suppose we could make a list to see who was interested though.

Those interested in T&D getting RGGH: brianna, thesiren

Please add me to the list I would also be interested in RGGH thanks :flower:

Some more pics of RGGH:
mmg0e9.jpg

^ 2010 Olive
sylg6u.jpg

source: tPF

Those interested in T&D getting RGGH: brianna, thesiren, bellaswan, crystal7

Those interested in T&D getting RGGH: brianna, thesiren, bellaswan, crystal7

whoops, didn't realize you already did it, brianna... sorry

Oh, and it might help to tell T&D that Bal is probably replacing GGH with RGGH in the near future...according to the TPF thread about GGH being dicontinued.

Last edited by a moderator:
SMKelly The bag looks perfect! You're so brave for taking the risk. I plan on dyeing my BL to a darker blue or black in the near future so I might ask some advice :wink:. How long did the whole process take?

I'm not sure about the RGGH yet. So far I'm indifferent about it. I'll probably end up changing my mind once I see more bags of it.

My Dell...um I mean my gray RH Wk:lol: will be completed tomorrow...Mrbuyandsellmybag will send me pictures to confirm it's what i want and then if all is good I guess it's making it's way to mama:blush:
I will finally have a gray rh wk..Can someone pinch me:woot:

I'm not feeling the RGHW, I am Giant Hardware'd out for a while...but like Viasarah said....the more you see the more you may likey. However I would take a brown brief with RGHW...that could make me change my mind.:blush:
But we really have to make sure that this HW actually exists on colors and styles we want.:unsure:

Ladies, am I crazy? I could have sworn that someone in the last thread said Jacky accepted paypal. Can you request it and pay an extra fee? :blink:

List for TFS' Ladies who would order a T&D Olive bag:
#1 - Blair Warner
#2 - coco109
#3 - the siren
#4 - candycandy
#5- Alkistis
#6- beavercall
#7- shopgirl86
#8 Devon
#9 Goddesh
#10 Daft
#11 KitterKat

yes he charges you 5% extra. I did it last time, but had a pretty small order 2 bags and the rest were accessories.

Coco - I would go for another Club bag but not in black, it's too close to anthra. Have T&D offered to do the club in other colors.....or do we need three orders in one color in order to do it? I wouldn't mind the olive or a spring color in that style. Love mine!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andy190
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->