iOffer Bags, Lushfashions.com, etc. #5 (Please read the rules in post #1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Alkistis!
which part of the handle are u referring to? I think we can all feedback to the boys - gd thing they like improvisation! :D

I think that the handles on the Works are actually the best that T&D does.
What is it exactly that you want fixed on the handles. I know that a member compiled a list and sent it to T&D months ago. Since then there have been many improvements. If there is something that you want improved you should write to them. They will only address something if you write to them and point it out. Remember they don't have the real BBags in their studio and may not know what is wrong so you would need to write to them.

I guess the boys have built up this whole hype about taking production into their own hands, which inevitably leads to greater expectations from his customers. :doh: If a lot of less 'famous' sellers can provide dipped bales and dustbags (meaning there is supply!), our boys surely can! :P[/QUOTE]

ladyluxe: I don't know of any other rep BBag sellers that provide dipped bales so I would appreciate your sharing that information with us on the forum of who that is.

Secondly, all I am saying is that if you want something improved ie: dustbags that actually say Balenciaga on them you need to write to the boys. They are not going to make these improvements by you posting it here. You need to write to them addressing your concerns and I am sure that they will oblige.:blush:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the info guys - I decided to go with the raisin PT in GGH :smile: It'll be my first GGH bag, and if I'm really not happy with the hardware color, I can always paint it like bagalicious did - that came out really, really well. I'm excited now - it's been so long since I got a bag... I was out of the loop for a bit, but I'm back :cool:

thesiren - as for how I'm doing? It's been an interesting few weeks, lets put it that way :wink: But hey, what doesn't kill you only makes you stronger, right? :shifty:

this is the part...i think the style has the best handles are the twiggies

09_pourpre_pompon_1102_hand.jpg

You're right baby yorkie..that's what exactly i've meant
the picture is better than a thousand words:flower:

We point out the flaws on J's, C's and ioffer sellers' bags all the time.
There is no reason why complete transparency is "wrong" or would pose a problem.
That is unless the seller has something to hide, or is trying to take advantage of inexperienced buyers.

/\
Couldn't agree with you more...I totally think that discussing the pros and cons of our sellers bags on there websites on this forum is open and fair game:flower:
I also agree that if an individual is re-selling a used bag on ioffer it should be explained truthfully with photographs to match up the description.:wink:

Again my point is and this is the last time I am going to mention it I promise:D
If a FS member or any individual seller is re-selling a (NBF) bag for agruments sake on ioffer and it is a color that some of knows does not match an auth perfectly, or a bag that was made with older stylings and HW, before certain corrrections were made, or whatever it might be and some of us know this.

Should we:

1) Feel it our duty to point out the differences (flaws) on any said bag being re-sold on ioffer (even tho the seller is not asking for an opnion poll) on this thread.
So it can be made "public" knowledge that the bag has flaws (in our opinion) compared to the newer or another version/model.
Even tho the seller has photographed every detail (so they are not trying to hide anything)

OR

2) Let the interested buyer ask the seller all the questions that are important to them personally, let them do the research, ask questions about the bag so they may form there own opinion on whether they want to buy the bag or not.

Can we have a show of hands here?

so I know in future how to conduct myself when i see a bag on ioffer being re-sold that in my opnion is either a incorrect color, or an incorrect leather texture for that style, or older HW , or whatever I feel would bug me personally. This way we will all have a code to follow,,Thanks.flower:

Secondly, all I am saying is that if you want something improved ie: dustbags that actually say Balenciaga on them you need to write to the boys. They are not going to make these improvements by you posting it here. You need to write to them addressing your concerns and I am sure that they will oblige

coco: i think you have the best influence on them, please make them change the handles.(i emailed them many times, but im nobody:D)
i personally dont care for the dustbag since no one gonna see it but me (even hubby:D) but it's GREAT if they can add that
however, the handles are the first, absolutely first thing i look at. i stick with most GH because the handles seems better on those, they look like used handles, where it obsorbed moist and start to "sink" in (im talking about 1-2 yrs of use)-

they could do it, because i had some bags from the early days, had good handles...the most recent one i had was a gray twiggy...which...almost 2 years ago :(

Regarding LV luggage-there is definitely rep vernis out there, mainly in pegase 50 (the smaller one that would be good for the overhead compartment. Do a search on ioffer under 'pegase' and you will see them.

Just look for the sellers who take paypal and have a high transaction count with a good rating.I am not recomending them, but look at seller yaso-high trans count with good fb and they have the luggage.:flower:

If you don't feel comfortable with ioffer than take the model number of what you want (pegase 50 is M91992) and email catty or jacky if they have it and they will tell you if they can get it and a price.

The only issue I would see with vernis luggage is the scuffing-if you can live with that then I think vernis would be cute!

A while ago member quizvan showed her sizeable lv luggage collection-it was incredible!!:heart::heart:

WOW-it's taken a few years, but I finally made 500 posts!! lol

Thank you so much for your input! I will go do some "digging" on ioffer. :flower:

Can we have a show of hands here?

so I know in future how to conduct myself when i see a bag on ioffer being re-sold that in my opnion is either a incorrect color, or an incorrect leather texture for that style, or older HW , or whatever I feel would bug me personally. This way we will all have a code to follow,,Thanks.flower:

to be honest with you, we have always (or at least the past 4 or 5 years [that long?! :shock:] since i've been part of these rep threads at tfs) commented openly on bags for sale on ioffer and anywhere else, regardless of who is selling the bag. if i see a bag on ioffer and it was a t&d that had bad bales, was a color that never existed, etc., i probably would say something "aloud" on the boards. i have no clue if the bag is for sale by a tfs-er or not, so what am i supposed to do? email the seller to make sure they aren't from tfs so i can say what's wrong with the bag. :blink: this just isn't likely to happen.

while there isn't a "code," nor should there be, this has always been common practice on this thread, and this is the first time it's become an issue (that i know of, anyway). as far as a code, this is a public forum and people are allowed to state their opinion on a rep bag for sale, as that's what this specific thread is all about.

also, incorrect leather texture for a color is a total facade. :lol: if someone is THAT picky, they should probably stick to auths!

to me, there's a difference in giving someone a heads up that the gold on past bags was lighter, versus saying, "i didn't like VD because it was too smooth so i wouldn't buy it." the former is offering general advice, while the former is what i would call an opinion.

just my .02! :flower:

/\ Ok..thanks siren good to know...so now if i see a bag on ioffer being re-sold by either FS or non FS members that I know is the wrong color or an incorrect style or whatever it is in my opinion thats off I will not feel uncomfortable voicing it publicly on this thread either...thanks for the heads up:flower: I have never commented in the past as i didn't want to intefere with any sale that I personally wouldn't buy, i didn't want to spoil it for anyone else...:blush:

coco: i think you have the best influence on them, please make them change the handles.(i emailed them many times, but im nobody:D)
i personally dont care for the dustbag since no one gonna see it but me (even hubby:D) but it's GREAT if they can add that
however, the handles are the first, absolutely first thing i look at. i stick with most GH because the handles seems better on those, they look like used handles, where it obsorbed moist and start to "sink" in (im talking about 1-2 yrs of use)-

they could do it, because i had some bags from the early days, had good handles...the most recent one i had was a gray twiggy...which...almost 2 years ago :(

baby_yorkie: I plan on writing to the boys tonight when I get home
to discuss the handles and how they can be improved. I will send them photos of my RH Authentic Bags along with pictures of their RH bags. As you know I have sent them several of my Authentic Bags for improvements to be made. I think that the most recent batches from them in RH bags (Amethyst, Officier and Raisin) show these improvements. I cannot attest to this though as I myself don't have a recent RH bag from this batch. I only have an Amethyst Day w/GSH and an Amethyst City w/GSH from the last batch. I am still waiting on an RH Raisin City from them and when I get it I can post comparison photos of the T&D Handle to the handle of one of my Authentic Bals.

For anyone who has has received RH bags from the latest batches of Amethyst, Raisin or Officier - can you please chime in on whether the handles on RH bag - Work, City, Part Time - Have they been corrected/Improved?

Another DIY project on Ms Sapphire.
before and after pic by me
What do you all think? would anyone else do it?:flower:
I think it neutralizes the yellow gold tone to more of a deeper gold tone.
I think I will my do last 2 over the weekend.
Ijust went out with my newly enhanced GGH anthra to see what itlooked like int he daylight....and it looks GREAT IMO, so if anyone is thinking about taking the plunge I think you will be very happy with the results.

Bagalicious: I love the way your Sapphire Work turned out.
Your really are a miracle worker. Pray tell, do you think that there is
some paint that one could use on the Giant Silver hardware and would
you have some advice as to what color one should use and where to buy?
thanks in advance.

Thanks Coco, I have actually completed all MY GGH painting! and tonight I will post them on the picture thread with comparasions, and info on what to buy, although that has already been mentioned a few pages ago.

i thought you had said the GSH was identical to your authentics :unsure: I don't think i can handle painting them as well!:lol:

Thanks Coco, I have actually completed all MY GGH painting! and tonight I will post them on the picture thread with comparasions, and info on what to buy, although that has already been mentioned a few pages ago.

i thought you had said the GSH was identical to your authentics :unsure: I don't think i can handle painting them as well!:lol:

bagalicious: What I said was that the color of the GSH was as close to the Authentic as it could be for a rep. I posted comparison pictures in post number 3984. Can you look at the photo and check? I just want to know what color Silver/Platinum to use should I decide to paint them in the future.
I kind of like that the hardware is duller on the T&D bag as it is not so blingy though. I am not much for Bling and as you know I don't even own a GGH yet.

gotcha...I do not have an auth GSH bag therefore can not compare in person, But i think we're as close as we can be without making more work for ourselves on that score.:D if i find something I will be sure to let you know.

coco: thank you so much :smile: i havent bought anything lately either, which i hope they did fix it cux they really had the authentics to work with.

Just look at this Olive Green Part Time. Color is divine! I must have something in Olive this season. This color is seasonless and goes with everything from purples to grays and blues.

Picture Courtesy of the Purse Forum.

Attachments

• olive010.jpg
    olive010.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 6
do you think it's possible to ask them to make this olive color when you send yours overthere? or just copy the velo style?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Denisa Imeraj
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->