Jean Paul Gaultier Haute Couture F/W 2023.24 Paris

The collection was great nevertheless…
It’s not like Haider copied his entire repertoire. Let’s not act like the one look he copied was emblematic of the collection.

I can defend Haider the same way some members defends Hedi! Watch out! Lol
I know. I just wanted to throw some shade.

fantastic! well done! absolutely great!

I wish he got Givenchy!
He is so good and Paco(rip) Rabanne seems way too tight for his talent after seeing this…
Such a shame
Gorgeous collection, so clever, so sensible!

^ Same! He proved that he is truly a skilled designer with this couture collection. I must say, I'm not the biggest fan of the presentation, as it felt suffocating in a way, but the pieces are wonderful. What's actually interesting is how they all reflect the aesthetics of Jean Paul, Julien and Paco, like a well-designed hybrid. I hope he's gonna take this experience and run with it at Rabanne.

^I have to say that although the presentation allows the clothes to speak for themselves, suffocating is a good way of putting it. I like the layout, but the lighting with the pacing did get in the way of seeing some of the looks. The stream you’d see one look several times because the model was slow, then a fleeting moment of another then a heap of back shots. Which is great, love seeing the back but I would also think “where’d this look come from?”.

I still haven’t been entirely impressed with the presentations of these collaborations though. I found the Haider one a little too contrived in parts and even the Sacai one had its lighting frustrations. Very Gaultier when you think about it, but still.

^I have to say that although the presentation allows the clothes to speak for themselves, suffocating is a good way of putting it. I like the layout, but the lighting with the pacing did get in the way of seeing some of the looks. The stream you’d see one look several times because the model was slow, then a fleeting moment of another then a heap of back shots. Which is great, love seeing the back but I would also think “where’d this look come from?”.

I still haven’t been entirely impressed with the presentations of these collaborations though. I found the Haider one a little too contrived in parts and even the Sacai one had its lighting frustrations. Very Gaultier when you think about it, but still.
That's the issue with runway livestreams: simultaneous production, post-production and releasing. Wait a couple of days for Titre Provisoire to finalize a director's cut of the show.

I love it. This easily became the show of the season. I always root for Julien and he didn't disappoint me.

I like that he created a perfect symphony between JPG and PR aesthetics. This collection is like a synopsis of Gaultier's history. It's full of references but it was done in a subtle way, it doesn't feel literal or heavy.
The evening gowns are breathtaking and the coats are to die for. And the closing dress on Laetitia, just chef kiss.

Now I want Julien to become a full-time couturier. Please Launch a Rabanne couture line.

I have seen some Julien’s sketches in Vogue France’s website and it was so reassuring to see that. The Art of a Couturier drawing instead of just relying on a moodboard…

I don’t respond to Couture for the show anymore and Julien’s clothes, much like Haider, looked like they were meant for the client as well as to please JPG.

I would love to see a client in those pieces, really!

i am in the minority here and i can admit and see that he did his best, but Haider (and even Glenn) did it better.

Is it only me or did Gaultier himself look a bit disapointed too in at the end of the show?

Im stunned by how tacky this is. Its much more cavalli than gaultier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redspot
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->