Jean Paul Gaultier S/S 10 Paris

this is trademark jean-paul gaultier. he's done better work over the years, but someone doesn't purchase a jean-paul gaultier piece to look run of the mill. i'm glad he's used this opportunity to comment on so many trends going on right now -- from the military stuff to the underwear as outerwear.

one wonders whether or not this stuff will actually sell. thankfully, he has many lines of revenue to sustain him through this rough patch.

Originally Posted by vogue28:
This reminds me of 2002-2003 Dior shows. I really like what I'm seeing here, especially the first half of the show.

Absolutely!!! but not in a bad way... i think!

Agreed, but like Zamb said "It's beneath him"... It is, it's a good collection but it looks dated

this is trademark jean-paul gaultier. he's done better work over the years, but someone doesn't purchase a jean-paul gaultier piece to look run of the mill. i'm glad he's used this opportunity to comment on so many trends going on right now -- from the military stuff to the underwear as outerwear.

one wonders whether or not this stuff will actually sell. thankfully, he has many lines of revenue to sustain him through this rough patch.

I quite like your view on this collection
perhaps it is more a commentary on trends and he's showing just how ugly those trends really are, which if that is the case then I really admire this collection!

Beautiful, ethereal, stunning, flawless, divine, sl*tty, fabulous, etc.
My 17 years-old hot body and I, thank you JPG! :heart:

What's not to love. It's urban, nostalgic, and fun.
If the collection seems confusing just use your imagination

Don't get me wrong I love old style Jean Paul Gaultier but I'm not too impressed by this..... I'm glad I'm not alone on the Dior similarities. Especially the lingerie/corset pieces.

But Gaultier is the MASTER of attitude dressing. The outfits ooze with attitude.

There are some gorgeous pieces, but for the most part, it's an incoherent, rambling, loud mess, honestly. Very trashy and vulgar in a few places, too. JPG is usually messy and a bit crass but his work is generally clever, sexy, amusing, and empowering. This is lacking across the board.

Usual Gaultier stuff
I like the lingerie addictions,they add a very sexy/sl*tty vibe to the clothes.Although I'm not really impressed,FW09 collection was much better,it was sl*tty but in a more elegant way

ohhh yeah this is terrific !!!!!!!!!!!! i loooooooooove ot it's great ! it's strong and crazy! it's really cool !!

I feel so messy for the collection, absolutely make me dizzy...

it's maybe not gaultiers best collection to date. but it's not terribly bad either. there are great pieces here and there. I don't like the hair - it's terrible.

It great that Jourdan got to do a show despite being pregnant. Great to see her! :smile::smile:

This is not one of his best shows. I didn't like most of the show, only a few pieces. I don't get that pregnant belly at all.

I hate the theme for this collection. There are some great pieces, however I can't appreciate the collection because the styling is so horrendous. It's like bad stereotypical 80's hip hop. Fashion in the 80's was really bad. Why do designers keep trying to return to it. And those tattoos are just beyond tacky. At least the ones at Rodarte were cool in some sense.

On a good note though, I do love the shoes.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Figedifug
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->