Karl Lagerfeld For H&m

My favourite
m2.jpg

thank you so much! :kiss:

i heard there are a lot of dior homme- like jeans in the collection
cant wait to see!

I am loving the dresses :heart: ^_^ though, I am seriously considering getting one of the black jackets, simply because I need one and the cut looks really divine. hopefully they won't sell out before I get there. :innocent:

I don't find anything special about the majority of these clothes. "This is fashion"?? I don't think so trés Karl. The only standout piece was the tuxedo shirt. The rest,well,good styling will grab attention,no doubt. Otherwise,most of it was utter sameness to me.

And seeing Karl model doesn't help the image of these clothes either. I'm so sick of him and his big ego since he lost all that weight.

btw,soft,I think that necklace is a bottle-opener :lol:

Originally posted by Scott@Nov 9 2004, 07:38 AM
I
And seeing Karl model doesn't help the image of these clothes either. I'm so sick of him and his big ego since he lost all that weight.
[snapback]424589[/snapback]​

True dat :doh: I want to try that suit on, Im in need of a nicely fitted blazer, then again, H&M is not known for the best fit, but I might give it a try...of course by the time I have the chance to go back to NYC again, all that stuff will be gone :lol:

I think that tuxedo shirt is kinda weird, I don't know if I would wear that...no wait, I would :rofl:

Originally posted by Sugo@Nov 9 2004, 09:50 AM
I am scared to go!!!!!
I am not pushy enough and I will be trampled :(
Softgrey...any suggestion about which one to go to?
[snapback]424495[/snapback]​

yes..i sent you a pm... :wink: :heart:

am considering phoning the Toronto store and seeing if they will let me buy and then ship it to me? Will give them a call to today and update you all.

I like the dress and skinny pants. I've been really craving leggins/skinny pants lately to wear under shorter dresses. I also like the tie and tuxedo shirt but think those are something I wuld have to try on in person. I love the outline of Karl's face. To me that is very tongue in cheek. Wish I could see the photo's bigger though. Does anyone know the prices? If/when I call H&M later today I will see if maybe they will tell me if they let me order in advance? We shall see.

Originally posted by AlexN@Nov 9 2004, 07:56 PM
All that hype over this? :rolleyes:
[snapback]424910[/snapback]​

I think the idea is hype worthy ie.large well known designer pairing with a company known for cheap mass produced clothing. the whole idea so anti fashion establishment so to speak. either way, I think there are some genuine good products in the line.

Wow I am a poster maniac in this topic. Anyway, phoned the store and they told me they don't offer "that service, especially for the karl lagerfeld" collection. I'm like say what? Anyway, would any of the other stores in the states do it I wonder? Gah, I really want a logo tee and skinny pants above all else.

Originally posted by Meg@Nov 9 2004, 03:00 PM
I think the idea is hype worthy ie.large well known designer pairing with a company known for cheap mass produced clothing. the whole idea so anti fashion establishment so to speak. either way, I think there are some genuine good products in the line.
[snapback]424916[/snapback]​
Yeah, the idea's hype-worthy, but I don't think the clothes (which are the entire point) are at all.

Just my opinion... :innocent:

they are just good cheap versions of classic items you might buy from lagerfeld or chanel

what were you expecting?

Originally posted by Acid@Nov 9 2004, 03:28 PM
they are just good cheap versions of classic items you might buy from lagerfeld or chanel

what were you expecting?
[snapback]424944[/snapback]​
Too much, apparently. I dunno...I was just expecting to be impressed, which I'm not. That's all I can say, really.

remember this is aimed at the masses.......
he couldnt do clothes which 'normal' people would laugh at

^Oh yeah, I wasn't even thinking about that. I don't know where my head is today... :wacko:

So basically it's hyped for a bunch of people who don't really want to stand out but want Karl's name on their clothes for a smaller price.

i think that double breasted 3/4 men's coat is the best thing in the collection from what i can see...and the blazer too...

Originally posted by Meg@Nov 9 2004, 03:00 PM
[snapback]424916[/snapback]​
I agree :flower: lol, I'm looking forward to getting some peices :blush:

Originally posted by AlexN@Nov 9 2004, 03:47 PM
^Oh yeah, I wasn't even thinking about that. I don't know where my head is today... :wacko:

So basically it's hyped for a bunch of people who don't really want to stand out but want Karl's name on their clothes for a smaller price.
[snapback]424961[/snapback]​

It's for people who believe the hype and buy whatever is advertised ad nauseum. Although I must admit I'm eager to see the collection...for..uhm...research :innocent:

Originally posted by softgrey@Nov 9 2004, 04:02 PM
i think that double breasted 3/4 men's coat is the best thing in the collection from what i can see...and the blazer too...
[snapback]424979[/snapback]​

Bet the ad versions have been tailored like b*ggery though...the close-shot of the suit Karl is wearing looks more like Savile Row than H&M...

or maybe just designed on his frame poc? Who knows but I agree very well tailored in the shots. Thats what I'm worried about with the oversized blazer that erin is wearing. That it's fit will be poor

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andy190
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->