Kate Moss (Please put any and all Kate related gossip in here)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Acid said:
well that is all corportate decisions

karl lagerfeld wouldnt have dropped her
bailey wouldnt have dropped her
rimmel havent dropped her actually
and stella for H&M didnt have a choice

its all the people at the top who sit at desks all day protecting their 'brand'
well.......its all bullsh*t IMO

when they were at their lowest point...... she rescued and promoted their brands bringing them up and up

now that she is at a low point they need to return the favour in someway not just dump her flat out
I totally agree with what your saying, Kate has done more as a front for those companys and could have done more with regards to H+M than any model did, would of or could of.
I don't think it will affect her career in the long run.

I feel kinda sorry for her...but on the other hand.. she deserves some kind of consequences for being so unresponsable with her image.

when they were at their lowest point...... she rescued and promoted their brands bringing them up and up

now that she is at a low point they need to return the favour in someway not just dump her flat out

Welcome to the business world. They don't give a hoot about you, only the money you can make for them.

^ yea well now watch their business go DOWN HILL ONCE AGAIN

she single handedly branded these companies, made them what they are, because as calvin klien said 'defines a generation'

i actually think that calvin klien should take her on again at this time. they stood by her during the whole 'heroin chic' phase and came out top trumps, now its time they support her again

You know I am beginning to think that Rimmel is the smart one here. I think she may just be bigger than ever once this all blows over - even more famous. I love Kate more than all of the other models, yes -- because she is gorgeous, but also because I feel like I know her. She hit it big at 15. She dated Johnny. They broke up. She partied. She dated other rock n roll stars. She had a cute baby. Kate is just interesting. And she is great at transforming herself, but when I look at a photo of her it is more than just a pretty face. She is something most models are not right now...she is a celebrity. Totally intruiging. The other models that I see - I don't know anything about them and I don't want to. But Kate...I want to know more about her. I like it that she succeeds and she fails. Kate is real.

I think Kate will be in Arizona (or wherever she is) for rehab, come out and look gorgeous, do lots of photo-ops in the park with Lila, do one (maybe) amazing interview where she is her adorable self and then COME BACK big time. Then, she will be the angel, the redeemed one, who still represents all that is edgy and the party lifestyle but now....she is clean...or so we all think.

Last edited by a moderator:
^Yeah...I agree...once all this hoo-ha blows over and she has demonstrated her willingness to clean up her act, all it takes it some good PR to get her back on form. We'll probably see this as a minor blip a year from now.

Acid said:

Yeah -traitors. Plus I don't understand everyone's problem. It wasn't crack, it wasn't brown, people do worse things all the time and I mean morally worse not chemically worse.

Naomi Campbell defends Kate Moss

‘Everybody is being bad to her’ about cocaine claims, says supermodel

BOGOTA, Colombia - Naomi Campbell has spoken out in support of Kate Moss, who has lost three modeling contracts and is being investigated by London police on allegations that she used cocaine.

“Kate Moss is my friend ... I think it’s like everybody is being bad to her,” the 35-year-old supermodel told a news conference Sunday in the Colombian capital where she was judging a modeling competition.

“It’s not the first time it has happened in the world ... it’s really like a vendetta,” said Campbell, who has said that she nearly self-destructed from her use of cocaine.

Pictures published in a British tabloid appeared to show Moss using cocaine. Moss, 31, issued a statement last week apologizing to “all the people I have let down.”

“I take full responsibility for my actions,” she said. Her statement stopped short of specifying whether she had used cocaine.

Meanwhile, the modeling agency in London that represents Moss said it would support her in the face of the allegations.

“I feel compelled to speak out in defense of Kate Moss following recent days of speculation and, in many cases, ill-informed and inaccurate stories,” Sarah Doukas, director of the Storm agency, said in a statement Sunday.

“I know Kate, and I have represented her for the last 18 years. Over this time she has consistently demonstrated herself to be a professional and exceptional model and a loyal, special and dear friend to me and countless others,” Doukas said.

Campbell said it was wrong to blame the modeling industry for drug abuse and eating disorders among young women.

She agreed to take part in a program run by the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime in Colombia to raise awareness about human trafficking.

Campbell said she wanted to help in “providing a safe environment for models and preventing exploitation of human beings.”

More than a dozen Colombian models from the Elite modeling agency recently attended a U.N. course in Bogota on how to spread the message about the risks of being lured abroad and sexually exploited.

Colombian police estimate that up to 50,000 Colombians, including many underage girls and boys, have been forced into prostitution, mainly in Japan, Spain and Holland.

© 2005 The Associated Press.

still, she did made millions and most people get a nasty court date/jail time for getting caught...

Kate Moss saves Rimmel contract

Kate Moss has saved her £3million deal with Rimmel - reportedly on the condition she checks into rehab.

Cosmetics bosses decided to keep on the shamed supermodel after her public apology following her cocaine exposé, which led to her being dropped by top fashion houses Chanel, Burberry, Roberto Cavalli and H&M. .

However, insiders claim the company wants her to seek treatment at The Priory clinic, where Kate has spent time before. .

A source revealed: "Rimmel wants Kate to disappear into The Priory, come out all-clear and be a beautiful model again" .

Ironically, the new Rimmel ads will show the catwalk queen partying all night before applying their new foundation - called Recovery - in a taxi and arriving at work looking fresh and stunning. .

Kate filmed two adverts shortly before photos of her snorting cocaine were published, and she is due to shoot a third commercial in a few weeks' time. .

A Rimmel spokesperson said: "We are pleased to acknowledge the statement released by Kate apologising for her recent actions"

The thing is, these companies have had more publicity for there campaigns than they could of dreamt of and will probably be better of for it now...

emma peel said:
still, she did made millions and most people get a nasty court date/jail time for getting caught...

you cant get put in jail for doing drugs........once they are in your body you cannot be prosecuted, its only if you are in posession of them.

Acid said:
you cant get put in jail for doing drugs........once they are in your body you cannot be prosecuted, its only if you are in posession of them.

Even if they are caught in posession, 'most people' do not get a jail sentence, even for a Class A drug. I know people who've been caught with pure Cannabis oil and didn't even get a caution.

She is just being made an example of with the police, personally it sounds more like discrimination because she is famous they will investigate! Ridiculous really, and after all this blows over she will have an even bigger place in the history books as she will be even more notorious. Her story sounds more of a rock n roll star than a model.

Acid said:
i actually think that calvin klien should take her on again at this time. they stood by her during the whole 'heroin chic' phase and came out top trumps, now its time they support her again

remember, calvin DUMPED her when she went into the priory in november 1998. calvin stood by her during heroin chic because much of the calvin klein campaign with kate was photographed in that style.

Moss, Rolling Stones, and employers' rights

from times uk online

So what would you do if one of your employees appeared in the press, snorting cocaine? Randall Northam finds there's little most employers can do

What would you do with Kate Moss? Seriously: what would you do if you employed Kate Moss?
In the past couple of weeks, several companies have dropped the supermodel after pictures of her snorting cocaine were plastered all over the press. H&M have a policy that their models be "healthy, wholesome and sound", so it’s no surprise that they terminated her contract.

NI_MPU('middle');And the same sort of thing would apply to other celebrity contracts... but what if she was an ordinary employee and took recreational drugs and by some mischance got her picture doing it into the papers?

Would you, as an employer, have any rights to sack such an employee on the spot? Unlikely, unless your contracts have a morals clause in them, and most normal employment contracts do not.

So unless you catch an employee taking drugs at work (or alcohol for that matter) things are much more complicated. There are millions of people in the UK who use illegal drugs. You would have to prove that the drug-taking had a detrimental effect on the employee’s work, even if their use led to a criminal conviction.

Obviously, those whose work involves driving usually have contract clauses stipulating that, if they turn up drunk, with a hangover or under the influence of other drugs, the employer has a case for dismissal.

Other options? Well, offering to help employees you know take drugs can lead to being told to mind your own business. You could institute drug-testing at work. In the United States, this is commonplace. Nearly 50 per cent of firms regularly test their employees but, according to a Mori poll, only 4 per cent of British companies had done so by 2003, although more were thinking about it.

They can’t have done much about it because data is pretty thin on the ground.

It’s a ticklish area. Obviously if health and safety is an issue then testing would be reasonable but if it’s for office workers, why should a company have the right to interfere in what happens outside the office? Clearly recreational drug users would be caught by tests but if they do not do it in company time and it does not affect their work, then what right does a firm have to interfere?

Things have changed. Many years ago, when the most important thing seemed to be whether you preferred the Rolling Stones or the Beatles (and before we had any idea what drugs any of the band members might have been using), I worked for a brewery in their stock-taking department.

We had two 20-minute breaks each day, one in the morning, one in the afternoon, when we were encouraged to sample the firm’s products.

It was commonplace to have a pint-and-a-half at each break, even though I was not yet 20. Some of the older employees had even more. But the bosses smiled fondly at us.

President Bush will be making a statement regarding Ms Moss's drug allegations within the next twenty-four hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Millam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->