Lanvin S/S 2012 : Aymeline, Marte, Othilia, Aaron, Angus & Johannes by Steven Meisel

My opinion changes depending on whether I see this as a men's or women's ad. As a men's ad it is darn near perfect, the snakes are both a cool and creepy touch. As a woman's ad, I think the guy in the forefront is too femme and lightweight, kinda Baptite-ish and having him in such a prominent position takes away from the aspirational quality and sophistication of the ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Intriguing! Aymeline is rocking this campaign!!
I'm sure this will be great!

^Seriously she steals the whole show:woot:, and looks amazing in that blue dress, definitely the best Lanvin ads in awhile, cant wait for more!:D

Even though I'm not sure about the image campaign-wise yet, I can't deny my eyes go straight to Aymeline, her charm is entirely captivating in this shot.

I like the campaign! Aymeline is a great model, i love her!

Mirte was rumoured to be part of this together with Aymeline. Could it be that Mirte and Marte were mixed up when the rumour came out?

I love it so far. The snakes are peculiar, but I'll get used it. At least as a concept it's not shoved in our faces.

It's a decent ad and I'm really liking the snakes.
Aymeline's look is so powerful, nobody else really stands a chance.
Only negative is the quality of the shot is really poor, but I'm sure it will be OK in print.

The snakes ruin it for me, 1 snake is good too many snakes border on creepy

I think the snakes are silly. I know that there was snake imagery in the clothes, but the real life ones aren't even used in a creative way, they're just being held there. In fact you can barely notice a couple of them. And I've never really associated Lanvin with snakes, the Lanvin woman isn't a man-eating temptress. Even Alber has said in the past that Lanvin's icon is the mother and her child, not a vicious animal like a snake. Meanwhile, I LOVED it when they used the black cats in Kristen McMenamy's Fall 2010 campaign. Cats are MUCH more Lanvin than snakes. Subtle, stealthy, mysterious and totally charming.

Leave the snakes to people like Tom Ford and Roberto Cavalli. Their women are just natural born maneaters lol

Last edited by a moderator:
^ Gorgeous, thanks for sharing! :wub:

BTW, who's that girl in pink/red dress?

Yes, I think it's Othilia.

I now understand why they use snakes/pythons, that is because the sequin embroidery.

Brilliant! Lanvin seldom dissappoints me. :clap:

Definitely my favorite campaign this season. :heart:

All right, the new image looks fabulous. I love the snakes and crystal masks on male models.

Oh much better altogether, and the inclusion of Othilia is inspired. Totally embodies Lanvin with her haughty authority.
More excited to see new pics for this, than any other current campaign.

love Othilia and Marte in the campaing!!! with Versace, Lanvin is my favourite ad for this season, and the casting es so great!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ericbaig68
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->