Balenciaga S/S 2011 : Gisele Bundchen & Yuri Pleskun by Steven Meisel

^which is interesting really, if you pay so much money to have Gisele in your campaign, wouldn't you at least want her to be recognizable?
I'm not quite fond of this campaign, but I'm not a Balenciaga-girl so this ad isn't for me. their clothing has never particularly appealed to me.
well, with the exception of their bags

I dont think i like this very much. I dont really like any recent Balenciaga campaigns for that matter.

^ I wanted him back ever since Meisel took over, I haven't liked any of his ads -_-

it makes me wonder if inez and vinoodh may have made this concept work a little more convincingly.

thats what I was thinking as well...I think the concept on its own is quite interesting (even though the Cindy Sherman reference is a bit too obvious), it's just poorly executed.
Most of all I'm disappointed in the M/M stake as in the layout and that origami thing :blink: they used to do some interesting stuff for Balenciaga..

spring 2011 is off to a bad start...let's hope lanvin will save this season campaign!

:clap: So in love with this! Especially the studio shots, and i love the Balenciaga origami:D

The Balenciaga Origami logo is the only thing that keeps this particular ad interesting IMO.

I hate the styling of the first shot, especially the hairstyle but I like the second shot.

more than wonderful !!!! something different, something balenciaga. amazing !!!

Woah, Gisele looks fantastic, what a transformation. But what's with the location photo? It downgrades the studio shot.

I get the point that the article is making, they may have laid it on a bit thick in terms of making it seem like Gisele can only do sultry and glam, but based on what I've seen so far, models like Stella Tennant or Valerija Kelava seem to fit the vibe better. Although other than the bad wig, there is nothing wrong with Gisele in the pictures, so she is in no way bringing the campaign down, but she is very expensive and why pay that amount of money and then use her as a clothes hanger or have it be a styling driven campaign? Perhaps she will also do spokesmodel / brand ambassador stuff. Now I may see things differently after seeing the full campaign, but for now I don't see why Gisele was cast, I am not saying that she should not have been, just not seeing it yet.

it sure takes long for more shots to land online :lol:

i can't make up my mind about the campaign before i haven't seen it all

^I like these shots even more. The color one reminds me when Gisele cut her hair and did that ed styled as a boy... I like the crappy wig and the shoulder slouch :smile:
Thanks for sharing.

R.I.P. Balenciaga advertising.

Liking the origami logo, though. Tiny consolation, but it's always something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->