Balenciaga S/S 2011 : Gisele Bundchen & Yuri Pleskun by Steven Meisel

I wonder if origami is going to develop in other shots :mellow:
That's the only thing that could make this interesting.

Soooo I'm lost about the connection to Cindy Sherman photography... i don't see it.

Not a fan of Gisele in the first place because I don't "get" her, but they really made her look terrible in this ad :(

I am in LOVE with this and I cannot wait to see more. I love everything about this: the grungy mood, the hair, the colors, the contrast. Can't get enough of it. Gisele is perfection here!

Oh my :shock:
This is actually one of the ugliest ad I've ever seen
Ghesquiere managed to make Gisele looking like a cheap japanese prostitute :lol:
I'm not gonna even talk about the B&W shot -_-

I quite like it. I was a little thrown by the image of Gisele and Yuri together but actually I think it's kind of cool in a thrown together, lax kind of way. There's definitely some early 2000 I&V/Balenciaga vibe going on though.

it makes me wonder if inez and vinoodh may have made this concept work a little more convincingly. with that said, i'd like to see more but i'm happy that balenciaga has stepped away from safe, mainstream ads and moved back toward its edgier roots. balenciaga (like prada, like marc jacobs) isn't some milquetoast "pretty" fashion house (not that there's anything wrong with those houses). someone who chooses to buy balenciaga buys it because it stands for something: it's controversial, it's iconoclastic, it's radical, it's unconventional. this ad moves toward that end a little....i'd have to see more to judge whether it did so successfully.

that first shot does remind me of cindy sherman's work.

don't like the first photo and the second one makes me laugh :rofl:
don't know what is going on

Are they only 2 pictures or the rest is coming? :D

I don't know so far... I would've not expected this but it is quite interesting.
The origami logo caught my attention. this is new and I like it.
The second shot is ok, though I can't see what's going on with Yuri?
I mean, both of the shots are very different from each other. They may have wanted to be in the extreme and it's well done. One shot outside, and another in studio, but I can't see the link between the two.

I like the concept, and really like the idea of Gisele in something different than beaches and glamorous places!

I can't stand that hideous wig on Gisele's head. So far it looks really specific and I'm not sold on this as of yet

Geez, that looks horrible. Maybe I need to see more of this one before I decide if this is one, good campaign or not.

^I think it´s her. And that´s what I like about it, that she doesn´t look bombshell-y or glamouros.
The origami intrigues me, can´t wait to see more.

Gisele!!! Isn't she the best, one of the greatest model ever!!!

Don't particularly like this so far. I'm failing to see how Gisele's shot and the black and white shot are part of the same campaign.

Whey is Gisele always getting this very unfortunate wigs? First the Dior campaign a couple of seasons ago, now this. I like the second shot though and the Balenciaga logo is really good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->