Balenciaga S/S 2011 : Gisele Bundchen & Yuri Pleskun by Steven Meisel

Flashbang

Mr. Magic
Reaction score
balenciaga.jpg

Gisele Bündchen, who made a surprise appearance on the Balenciaga runway in Paris last September, does an encore in the French house’s spring campaign — sporting a completely new look. She’s not alone, either, accompanied by a male model named Yuri Pleskun wearing ghoulish makeup and little else. The striking and disquieting ads, slated to break in February fashion magazines, were shot by Steven Meisel and channel the boyish and punk spirit of Nicolas Ghesquière’s latest collection. Marie-Amélie Sauvé styled the shoot, with Pat McGrath in charge of makeup and Guido Palau the hair. Paris-based graphic design duo M/M takes credit for a graphic layout, mixing crisp color images with vintage-looking black-and-white shots.
wwd.com

Wow, not what I expected... The hair... The logo...
Gisele still manages to look glorious against all odds.

Huh. Well, definitely not what I was expecting. I'm enjoying the androgyny, but still scratching my head a bit at the presentation.

Great! Maybe this is the first one that I like among ones Mr. Meisel shot. That's the image that occurs to me when I think of Balenciaga. And it kind of reminds me of I&V's style.

it is beyond me why Yuri was chosen for this campaign.
nothing about him screams Balenciaga to me.
so far Im unhappy, I expected something much better with Gisele getting the campaign.
Can we please bring back Sims? jesus.

Huh, really unexpected, particularly Yuri. Not quite sure what to make of it yet

Umm it's not exactly what I was expecting and that's exactly the sole reason why I love it. Gisele just looks stunning amazing with that hair style.

The individual shot gives me such a early 2000's vibe regardless I have this bias towards Balenciaga and I like this campaign(well what's presented so far) compared to the last one.

I Like the photo not the concept of the 2 phots look to much inspiration to Inez Van Lamsweerde VMatadin no have the style to Balenciaga this

This is so unexpected. Yuri X Gisele? I must say I am loving this. That wig is quite hideous, but it works.

I really hate it when bad wigs happen to good models. She looks truly unfortunate in that first picture.
Love the 2nd pic though.

Wow! Surpisingly I love this! :heart: I really hated the collection on the runway but it works here with that edgy styling. Gisele looks wonderful!

eek! the individual pictures are not bad (i prefer the black and white) but overall.. wtf?!

bad wig, bad casting (yuri? oh because this is "punk"), oragami with the logo above the actual logo? the two photos have no cohesiveness, giselle in front of that background looks flat and cheap.

i'm hoping the others are better but after a few seasons of very disappointing ads from balenciaga, i'm not going to hold my breath. very much loved the collection but this just isn't doing it for me.

Very unexpected, but somewhat fascinating. Two very different concept mixed for the same campaign.

Gisele looks like Natasa Vojnovic in the studio shot ..

second shot looks like an outtake from Meisel's Wild Is The Wind. and Gisele looks pretty miffed
in the first shot as if she's thinking just what in blazes is she exactly supposed to portray.

lol Balenciaga does it again.

I like this! Gisele looks sporty and androgynous (which are the features make her so special) in the studio shoot.
But not so sure about the picture on the right. Yuri looks horrible.:ninja:

I love this, love the combination of two absolutely different images, logo...everything.
Can't wait to see more, I've never liked Balenciaga campaigns, but this is really goood.

Thanks Flashbang.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jamon53
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->