Madonna's New Line : Truth or Dare

lucy92

Mod Squad Team Leader
Staff member
Reaction score
this sounds much better than the landfill fodder material girl, IMO

excerpt from wwd.

Madonna is launching her second overall lifestyle brand, Truth or Dare by Madonna, aimed at an older customer than the more junior, fast-fashion label Material Girl. The architect of the brand is MG Icon — the joint venture between the Iconix Brand Group Inc., Madonna and Guy Oseary.

Neil Cole, chief executive officer of Iconix Brand Group, stated, “The interest and excitement globally for brands developed by Madonna are significant. After the highly successful launch of the junior brand Material Girl, we knew there would be a tremendous demand for a brand that Madonna herself is the face of and that truly captures her essence.”

Madonna noted, “Over the past several years, I have been approached countless times to create my own brand. The timing is right and I have found great partners in Iconix, who can help translate my vision to reality.”

In a follow-up phone interview, Cole added that the venture plans to launch fragrance and accessories lines in 2012.

The first move will be a women’s scent being developed by Coty Inc. WWD first reported on Sept. 14 that Coty was in talks with Madonna about a possible fragrance deal.

Footwear, handbags and intimates are expected to follow.

Material Girl had an exclusive distribution relationship with Macy’s and Cole praised the chain’s performance, adding that he intends to keep giving it exclusives. But the fragrance distribution will go wider in 2013, with a global attack being planned.

The Truth or Dare by Madonna brand will be aimed at the entertainer’s core constituency, women ages 27 to 50, the company said. It will be designed to showcase the duality of her image, a power icon intertwined with feminine beauty.

Was this really necessary? I do not think so.

Let's not talk about the name of the brand...

interesting how fragrance and accessories come first for so many new 'brands' these days...

it used to be the other way around...:ermm:...

Next thing you know it, Gwen Paltrow will be making a clothing line.:rolleyes: I really don't like how celebrities think just because they are wealthy and famous that they are fashionable.

madonnalicious

these look great, IMO. and reasonably priced. in stores tommorow in selfridges UK.
these should be in macy's soon in the US i expect.

Attachments

• shoes.jpg
    shoes.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 55
.... I care :innocent:

Those shoes/boots aren't bad at all. I actually don't really like how Madonna dresses most of the time (in candids/while not on the red-carpet, I think she looks downright sloppy 75% of the time) but if she's able to successfully translate her fame and sucess into clothing lines, more power to her. To me, what's more annoying then celebrities who start clothing lines is the people who are bound and determined to see them fail simply because they resent that some are privileged enough to create clothing lines. I mean, Madonna IS somewhat of a style icon. Certainly she's had some iconic fashion moments over the past 30 years. I don't see a problem.

I really doubt that she had any hand in this at all but I actually really like the shoes. Will have to tell some of my female friends about these.

Hey, those are really good!! I don't care about the celebrity thing (that much...) if the things are good.

the super tall boots are not to my taste, but most of those shoes are a pleasant surprise!

any idea what the price points are.. just out of curiosity.

not interested , same thing ,not innovatif enough .. i want to see new designs,sorry I love madge but stick to your talent ,singing and dance !

the studded pumps are the only things which look reasonably interesting, but at this pricepoint? really Madge?

Prices start at £80 (for flats) and go up to about £480 (for the past-the-knee boots). Most are in the £100 - £200 range.

source: http://www.selfridges.com/en/Access...e=TRUTH+OR+DARE+BY+MADONNA&departmentId=19257

the prices are much lower in the US. selfridges is marking them up.
the cedia brogues for example are 130$ i think in the US. thats the price ive seen listed in magazines.

and luckily macys will have some promotional pricing on them. i expect to pay at least 20% off these US prices.

not interested , same thing ,not innovatif enough .. i want to see new designs,sorry I love madge but stick to your talent ,singing and dance !

Agreed. this is why I don't like celebrities turned "designers" - they're not bringing anything new.

the prices are much lower in the US. selfridges is marking them up.
the cedia brogues for example are 130$ i think in the US. thats the price ive seen listed in magazines.

and luckily macys will have some promotional pricing on them. i expect to pay at least 20% off these US prices.

True. Macy's is ridiculously cheep and there are ALWAYS so many coupons and discounts available. They come with the newspaper at least two or three times a week here.

16%20july%20003_0.jpg

16%20july%20001.jpg

16%20july%20011.jpg

16%20july%20006.jpg

16%20july%20022.jpg

16%20july%20021.jpg

16%20july%20005.jpg

16%20july%20020.jpg

16%20july%20019.jpg

Source: selfridges.com

Love them!!!!!! well I love all about Madonna haha!

I'm not a huge fan of Madonna, but I really, really like those shoes. They're sexy and stylish, even if they're a bit over-the-top.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnceUponAModel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->