Marc Jacobs F/W 2006.07 New York

00240m.jpg
00560m.jpg

00590m.jpg
00530m.jpg

(style.com)

love the boot shape too much but the bags leave me cold, those chains seem a bit 'forced' and heavy

love the bags!!!!!
but the shoes are really bad, how/where would i wear them?

Thanx for the Theyskens comparison. It shows how original Marc Jacobs is.

Nothing original. The shocking thing is how his look just change completely each season! He is more of a trendsetter to me. Otherwise nice collection!

:heart:

I have mixed feelings about this collection. Some I hate and some I like. Though Im pretty dissapointed.

:blink: checks, tartans and animal prints everywhere :(

zamb said:
this beled skirtsuit with droopy leggings is signature theyskens

But I am sure Theyskens is not the first humanbeing making skirtsuit+droopy leggings. Those are such common things that everybody can wear them together. I don't think that I am convinced.

I need to look at all the pics or video to make any comments:P

^ hehehe, agreed on the Theyskens design copyright..

btw i see this being much more influenced by Burberry .. down to the knit hats

Last edited by a moderator:
I looked at all the pics. From the Pics, I love all the slimmer looks. I am not a huge fan of those bulky layers. AT the same time, I am curious to look at all the individual pieces in the trunk show as they give people countless ideas to combine them to totally different outfits.
The most amazing pieces are those sweaters. The shapes are so beautiful and I like how he makes those thick knitwear structured yet soft and warm. I like it very much:smile: It is the only "directional" collection showed in NYfashion week so far.

i'm far too excited, and i've only read the review...

..first things first..knowing that jacobs and that he can do a complete volte face, flowers one season, and dead trees the next you know...i was crossing my fingers and hoping and hoping that we'd see something bad ***..:wink:

well, obviously we did...and what i have to say is that i'm finally convinced that marc jacobs is a good designer and deserves that title. because last fall he did push new volume..(in new york!) i mean, he is avant-garde...at least amongst his peers..all those herreras and de la rentas..

..there is also thought here, non? just like prada, he too intellectualizes his collections, or has been...what can i say...kudos!:flower:

I'd say the droopy stuff is more than a reference to Yohji ...and the skirt with the shirt-sleeve waistband has been done before and almost identically by Dries van Noten, Ann-Sofie Back plus Peter Jensen. He's a shameless copycat that man...

^ well, he did mention those references in his last fall collection...according to him , these are really just fascinations of his creative team. because they are young and haven't done volumes in this way, they're researching yamamoto's work, japanese street style, grunge...

The shoes are beautiful......the shape of them are just so cool!

The clothes are do work for me on some level but they seem to hark back to that 90's hemp wearing/grunge look which I'm not really a fan of. As someone has said Marc Jacobs doesn't design works of art or completely original pieces but he does translate a look into a really wearable state. So even though I'm not really a fan of the inspiration, it's still appealing to me. A lovely colour scheme too - mossy greens, browns and greys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->