Miu Miu F/W 2021.22 Paris

Discussion in 'Designers and Collections' started by vogue28, Mar 9, 2021.

1. vogue28

vogue28 Mod Squad Team Leader

2. JohannesL

JohannesL Well-Known Member

Those furry boots are eyesores and most of the pieces are ugly mountain winter gears. Someone should tell Miuccia it is not intellectual fashion to be ugly the sake of being ugly. Remember those fabulous Moncler designer collaborations!

kenndale and jeanclaude like this.
  3. TianCouture

TianCouture Well-Known Member

quite a few questions for this one

4. ghostwriter10549

ghostwriter10549 Well-Known Member

The Miu Miu's girls are born like this: out of nowhere in the middle of the Swiss forests, catwalking in the middle of the nature wildness. Lol.

She still got it folks, somehow. You can see that she is repeating ideas, but this collection is very desirable.

5. perhydrol

perhydrol Well-Known Member

It is the first Miu Miu show styled by Lotta Volkova and I have to say, it's a really good debut. It's extremely quirky in a good way. She really understands the visual codes of this brand. However, I hope the next collection will be less literal, because this one suffers from this whole setting.

6. fakeawake

fakeawake Well-Known Member

i forgot miu miu was still happening...is it 2006?

7. vogue28

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

VOGUE.COM

8. vogue28

9. GERGIN

GERGIN Well-Known Member

Great collection, I loved the styling and the yeti boots. I think some of down quilted pieces I can do without.

10. Gazillion

Gazillion Team Elise

Did Raf have anything to do with this collection? some looks remind me of his CK collection.

11. mistress_f

mistress_f Hell on Heels

the styling... the setting... why?? there's a lot of pieces i like but the whole thing is a mess

12. THD96

THD96 Well-Known Member

They must spend all the budget in Miu Miu this season. That explained the reused set at Prada. But the presentation is stunning. The set, the cast was elevated the collection. Lotta is off to a greater start. No more overrated boring nepotism girls.

The clothes is such a detox departure of Raf Prada faux intellectual. The dresses have that quirky but easy attitude to it. The fur boots are not my thing but it's appropriate for the theme of this collection. The quilted jackets are so good, and the knitwears are cute.

This is what Miu Miu is all about, a less serious younger sister of Prada.

13. fakeawake

fakeawake Well-Known Member

the fur boots would be glamorous af if they were mink or a fur w less volume.

14. John Bennet

John Bennet New Member

Very good from Lotta. I'm glad she dropped Givenchy for this.

Love the sense of ease she's brought while still managing to staying close to Raf's Prada concept. Wondering if that was intentional. Feels like a better successor to Olivier's Miu Miu. Highlights for me were the oversize Miu Miu matelasse quilted jacket, hiking boot clogs, and the unisex-ish boxy outerwear.

Cannot wait to see what she'll bring to Spring/Summer!

perhydrol likes this.
  15. jeanclaude

jeanclaude Well-Known Member

The snow setting is perfect for Miu-Miu: this brand is as lost as the models in this collection!

Mercredi, JohannesL and avonlea002 like this.
  16. Overindulgence

It is like a continuation of Miu Miu F/W 2014, which is one of my favorite collections ever, so I can't help but like this a lot.

perhydrol likes this.
  17. gossiping

gossiping Well-Known Member

the video is fantastic, the clothes look beautiful!

much much more into miu miu than prada these last few years

Reggie63 likes this.
  18. avonlea002

avonlea002 Well-Known Member

I hate it. Everything is either overstyled or weird just for the sake of it. Few outfits had potential but of course Miuccia or whoever responsible had to add unnecessary details to make it uglier. Those ill fitting, oversized jackets should have never seen the light of day.

19. YohjiAddict

YohjiAddict Well-Known Member

First half is frankly ugly, there's so much in there I wish I could unsee and that's considering I went through every pic and watched the video. The cut of the jacket's so unflattering. I'd rather see something inspired by Belle de Jour/Charade ski scenes.

Look 23 with the star spangled puffer jacket and quilted balaclava is the one I find most convincing and where I sense an interesting marriage between Lotta's post-soviet winter sport aesthetic and Muy Miu's femininity. The last few dresses are okay but too repetitive.

JohannesL likes this.
  20. Lola701

Lola701 Well-Known Member

What I like is that I see the spirit of MiuMiu and while the styling is kinda gimmicky, the set allowed for more and more.

There are things that are good for very young girls and things that are more in tune with what a Prada customer might want. And I like that.

It’s a good examen de passage but resort and SS2022 will show more of what Lotta can give.

Reggie63 likes this.