Miu Miu S/S 2013 Paris

It was nice, a lot better than her Prada collection (which still isn't saying much) I just need to let it sink in. Feels like a few of her past collections combined (spring 2009, spring 2011
) but I can say that the shoes are gorgeous :blush:

I've hated almost everything I've seen in Paris this season, and this is no exception. *sigh*

I love how she switches our minds and the younger sister Miu Miu is actualy dressing more mature and the older one Prada has a more funky na dyoung appeal to her.
By far the best colection of the season.

only one thing comes to mind...Monster....Charlize Theron

I'm a little disappointed with the collection. Some beautiful pieces and the bags are really lovely :heart:.

I don't care whether it's pretty or ugly,and I hate it if designer use real fur.If you don't understand what I mean,just imagine you have a pair of pretty shoes made by your skin.

Sorry to break it to you but most designers (safe for Stella of course) use real fur..

As for the collection: not really convinced on it. It's not bad, but it really looks like a mix of previous collections from Prada and Miu Miu.

I always like Miu Miu more than Prada! This is quite lovely. But furs for S/S?

I don't care whether it's pretty or ugly,and I hate it if designer use real fur.If you don't understand what I mean,just imagine you have a pair of pretty shoes made by your skin.

Prada, and Miu Miu subsequently, are leather goods brands first and foremost. Saffiano and Nappa are two examples of Prada copyrighted designs made from calf leather. Prada and Miu Miu also produce mutliple stoles/coats in fox, mink, lambskin, etc. Faux-leather/fur is completely the opposite of their purpose - luxury. :huh:

Last edited by a moderator:
i have a strange attraction to this collection! i love the bra tops, the fur, colour, skirts, it just works!!

I wonder why she decided to recycle the crinkled look from S/S09 and the Fur Stoles from S/S11, even the music from F/W10 and S/S11 appeared again. I do like this a lot so far. :heart:

Prada's done it before. I actually don't think it's that absurd, given when the pieces will hit the stores.

I think we have to look at concepts and execution separately. Prada's "ugly cool" or whatever we should call it has never really appealed to me, or not the recent collections at least.

I wonder why she decided to recycle the crinkled look from S/S09 and the Fur Stoles from S/S11, even the music from F/W10 and S/S11 appeared again. I do like this a lot so far. :heart:

But the fur stoles have grown - they're now towel size - slung over the shoulder as perhaps a towel might be - in a spa? For any who have read my 'spa' thing - in Prada, Rick Owens and Celine - :D

From look #3 we have that rouched wide bateau neckline on away from the body smocks - as we saw at Rick Owens. From look # 5 - fur towels.

The prints that come in from #8 - abstract - but cosmic explosions? From halfway (exactly) they acquire abstract faces also. Gods?

Crumples from #12. Loose, easy. Like Celine. Relaxing back. Unironed. Though far from unkept. Just less strict.

Hardware jewellry from #14 - not sure what that is - looks like ironwork from a fence?

Wetlook leather from #15. Yes, water - purity. Carrying on the shine dialogues. But kinky. Clean kink. Secrets. Just so Prada. From then until #22the coats have plenty swing.

#22 the abstract print goes more circular. Not exactly sure what that is but still feels somehow cosmic. And in true Prada style - eyewear going there - these are geeky girls - intellectuals, scientists perhaps. I'm thinking quantum physics geeks - with the cosmic explosions - like TV's Big Bang theory. If we want to lowerbrow culture it. And nothing wrong with that. I saw the cosmic in such as Comme and McQueen last season. Dialogue? Philosophy - for those that notice - has gone sciencey - NeoDarwinists, Vitalists (Speculative Realism). I'll stop. Point = clever girls.

And so it continues - a good few Prada staples (welcome return of raw japanese denim noted) but united by something new. The crumpled shirtdresses around #39 are dangerously short and unbuttoned to add. Karen Elson's closing look is beautiful colourwork. With it's highshine close to Buddhist peach skirt and close to army green printed robecoat, it's evoking in me the notion of a spiritual army. I'm a conscript. I want the force to be with me. Cosmic. Heady. Smart. Cool sexy elegant geeks :heart:

Wow. Wow. Wow.

This is by far the best show of the season. It just makes everyone else look like amateurs who have no idea whats going on (save for Celine). It's just baffling.

This is the best Miu Miu collection since the magnificent Fall/Winter 2009. This is totally love at first sight for me. And the more I've looked, the more I am smitten. The detail shots are breathtaking - the fabrics and volumes are so perfect - that lab coat and knee length pencil skirt with the loose fitting bra top is such a fantastic proportion I am in love. The colors are magnificent. The denim is genius. I don't think I've seen a designer in recent memory use denim so effectively (again, maybe except for Celine). The jewelry is stunning and so strange.

I see a lot here pulled from so many past Prada and Miu Miu collections. I see Prada Fall/Winter 2007 (color palette), Spring/Summer 2009 (crinkled fabric), Spring/Summer 2011 (fur stoles) and Spring/Summer 2012 (oversized satin car coats) and also some Miu Miu Spring/Summer 2009 (crackled leather pumps) and 2011 (coloring as well). Even the soundtrack is like a Prada greatest hits from Spring/Summer 2011 and Fall/Winter 2010!

The set and staging is so cinematic and the casting is absolutely superb.

Have I said enough?

I love the long, sleek silhouettes in this collection; it's so flattering. And some of the outwear is just gorgeous.

I love this show.** I'm glad about the route Miuccia took, it's very sleek. And I love the fur stoles she does. There's nothing better than a nice Prada/Miu Miu stole imo. I'm getting a lot of Spring 2009 from this collection too, which is something about Miu Miu that I like. She takes her older Prada collections, and molds them into a Miu Miu collection, and the way she does it is brilliant. But probably the best thing about this show for me are those graphic prints, I find them to be absolutely amazing and I love how she did it. I just want to sneak into the Miu Miu store at night and just fall asleep on those stoles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cg1
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->