Miu Miu S/S 2025 Paris

A lot better than Prada that's for sure, but still not quite there in my POV. It looks like a continuation of AW, which I wasn't a massive fan of. The majority is nice and wearable, love the trainers, kinda missing the big statement overall but it's not so bad.

LOVE LOVE LOVE Eliot Sumner and Willem Dafoe, always a joy seeing people like that at Miuccia's runways.

As so often, Miu Miu serves as a reflection on the season and this time, it wasn't very progressive. A lot of it looked like only slightly reworked archive pieces, which isn't bad per se (particularly considering how good Miu Miu was in the '90s and 2000s), but it's also not really helping update fashion. As for the cast and the styling, it may be time to move on from the oh-so-random-so-cool approach.
Overall across the collections for a few seasons now, there is a noticeable return to a certain primness - or should I say demurity:lol: - that is tasting bland because of its calculated repetitiveness, which is connected to corporate greed and is a direct consequence of fashion (and the world in general) being so unhinged and chaotic during the last decade.

Lotta's styling project again :censored:
Miuccia is ruining her own legacy, what is the theme here? Where is this seasonal signature? At least the cropped top collection and the office lady collection had a concept; this is just a meaningless parade of clothes with stupid styling
Exactly….

ngl I still like these unexpected surprises and how they create momentum because they really start at nothing, just regular models, then the unwanted presence of Sting's daughter (who seems to have asked for botox in between the eyebrows but got injected industrial iron instead..), then you have Alexa Chung who is pretty decent, and.. I love that you would never guess that up next is Hilary Swank and finally the most beloved villain closing the show, and with that music 😮‍💨.. and they both look hilariously out of their comfort zone.

I actually enjoyed the collection, there are many pieces that remind me of old Miu Miu, back when it was still in Milan, the colors are deeper, the pieces less cartoon-esque or sexual and it's just easy to like. Not sure if I see less logos but it feels like it and I only wish they'd fully stop it.. I have seen items that I am soo ready to get but being branded like a cow is just so embarrassing that I just opt out, especially their shoes, I love them but I'd die walking into work with a logo on my shoes lol.

The glossy pieces are cute.. I can't stand pink but this wrap skirt in motion looks so fun.
To be fair, the show opened with Nicole Kidman’s daughter!

I love the quirky castings but that’s about it - I fail to understand what it is that hits the chord so much that Miu Miu is all the rage today.

Miu Miu was the first 'designer' fashion I bought into back in FW'01 - I luckily still fit these clothes and miss the sober restraint of those years.

A perfectly fine collection—nice, desirable, extremely commercial—but it doesn’t explore anything in terms of fashion or the brand’s core ideais. My problem is all the tired intellectualism around it... Not that a high fashion brand can’t comment on the state of our culture, but it feels a little tone-deaf when it’s done with a safe and commercial collection.

My biggest fear happened….
MiuMiu has become « The Lotta show ».

Is Miuccia even involved in the creative process anymore?

It just looks like Lotta went to the archives, pulled a lot of stuff, styled the whole thing with some logo merch and job done.

It was actually annoying: from the video at the beginning to the stunt casting and the messy styling.

Exhausting.
I read an article years ago about how Lotta was very important in shaping Demna’s aesthetic. She saw the pieces he did and said, 'Oh, this is just styled wrong,' and boom, here we are a decade later. She understands streetwear in a very ironic way, she understands fashion in a very ironic way, but that’s what makes her work enduring: she’s actually having fun in an almost perverse way, making the world dance to this nihilistic worldview she has. She is one of masterminds of our days.

Making Miu Miu look like a uniform brand, like Lacoste, is twisted, but it works, unfortunately—even for me. I thought the belts, styled the way they were, were appealing.

Ay dios mío. where to even begin....

some great pieces are completely buried by the terrible models (genuinely, I think this may be the worst cast of ss 25), awful styling, hideous set, and gimmicky nonsense like diaper breeches that nobody is going to wear or those bathing suits that there was 100 of for some reason.

Seeing these "indiesleaze", intentionally trashy, ironic looks like this, I now know what I can expect to see pretentious 20-somethings from Bushwick wearing over the next few months:

KGCggpnG_o.jpg

that opening film was ridiculous and--call it wishful thinking--i cannot believe Miuccia came up with that nonsense

I LOL-ed at the audience climbing over each other to film on their cellphones

And finally, Willam Da Foe as the closer? Seriously? What a joke

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
multibabydoll
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->