Model Casting S/S 14

To me, Chanel cast was the worst amongst all the couture shows so far. :doh: The only nice surprise was the appearance of Sofia Krawczyk. Not a fan of Armani cast either. Ulyana Sergeenko cast was great, as usual.

I really miss Karlie for Dior, but it will be probably another lifetime when she walks the show again :lol:

Not sold on the Versace cast but lots of them surprise me with their walks. Sasha Luss was phenomenal and she slammed dunk with that ending pose. Wixson playing the sl*tty girl was hilarious but girl has improved so much.

:neutral::lol::lol::lol:

Best casting moment so far is at Ulyana Sergeenko. It's nice to see Eugenia Volodina and Werner Schreyer!

Does anyone know who casting for Valentio?

Looking at the showlist: who are all these Polish newcomers? They all look alike.

And he should really drop those fillers that nobody else wants. Milana Kruz, Isis Bataglia, Valery Kaufman, Magdalena Langrova, Anmari Botha.... come on now.

Valery also did Valentino, Armani and Ulyana Sergeenko. Hardly someone 'nobody else wants".

Valery also did Valentino, Armani and Ulyana Sergeenko. Hardly someone 'nobody else wants".

Also, Isis is his fit model so there is no chance anyone else could have her if they tried.

If an agency doesn't put out a showcard for a model, does that mean you aren't walking(other than hidden new faces)? Society is up on models.com and there is no Daga, no Erjona Ala, no Asia Piwka, no Athena Wilson, no Cristina Mantas. And some of the newbies they tried out last season, Rebecca, Rachel, Antatasija, Marilhea and Aqua didn't get one.

Or it could be part of an agency package deal at Chanel, Valentino and Armani. She's so homely, imo. I don't think she would have a shot at walking these shows if she wasn't with a great agency.

If an agency doesn't put out a showcard for a model, does that mean you aren't walking(other than hidden new faces)? Society is up on models.com and there is no Daga, no Erjona Ala, no Asia Piwka, no Athena Wilson, no Cristina Mantas. And some of the newbies they tried out last season, Rebecca, Rachel, Antatasija, Marilhea and Aqua didn't get one.

It could mean a variety of things:

1. New age laws require any model walking / working in NY be 18 years of age.
  2. Visa and Immigration is getting stricter, so the agency may be avoiding publicly (read: google!) acknowledging the girl is in town or working in NY/USA.
  3. The girl may not be in shape for shows but is perfectly fit for other work. (essentially 34.5" hips or no shows these days)
  4. Management & model may have chosen that this isn't the right season for a model to walk and have opted to 'sit this season out.'
  5. Exclusives have been negotiated and therefor promoting the girls is unnecessary and expensive (printing cards, messengers, etc.)
  6. Leaving girls out of a show package can creative an aire of exclusivity and hype. Good marketing.

Last edited by a moderator:
6. Leaving girls out of a show package can creative an aire of exclusivity and hype. Good marketing.

This under the radar marketing only works for new faces most of the time. Girls that haven't been seen before or are doing comebacks, Annely Bouma at DNA for example. I don't think it would work on someone fading like Erjona or Daga, unfortunately.

Alécia Morais I'm assuming doesn't have a visa yet.

^^ Harleth Kuusik has a showcard and she's only 17, she turns 18 a few days after NYFW ends.

I definitely see how the other points affected some of the girls on their board though.

I thought the NY age limit was 16?

In the case of Asia Piwka, I see she walked only 9 weaker shows last season,
Do agencies just say your runway career is done and don't bother coming? does a girl not get that choice?
I guess the cost of a visa and model apt is not worth adding to their debt?
I feel so bad for Daga who was doing great then paused for school, finished and had a weak season and now no show card.
Don't get why Society signed Athena and Erjona right before last season and they barely walked and now no show card. I don't think any of those reasons apply to them.

Last edited by a moderator:
^Exactly. It costs money having a girl in town so if they feel/are sure she will have a decent season (worth having her for shows) they'll bring her in. Agents will send out feelers to casting directors to get feedback and use that, along with other factors or course, to determine whether or not to include in show pack.

^^ They got Athena from Ford and Erjona from Marilyn, it's not an immediate process when a girl switches agency. And judging by their recent performance they're not in demand either.

I don't know what feelers are but some CDs would usually request to see some girls in advance, during the Holiday break and again for pre-fall bookings and again a few days before FW or during FW. And the girls who aren't placed yet but whose MAs have connections with the big agencies in the city, they're the ones who make the deal with CDs.

^ correction: that's before the holiday break not during.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->