Julija Steponaviciute
Lais Ribeiro
Lisanne de Jong
Melissa Tamarijn
Ming Xi
Ruby Aldridge
Tatiana Cotliar
Valerija Kelava

It's been quite a tight season for new girls....there are about 15 girls to seriously choose from, which is relatively few...

^My picks for style.com's list are nearly the same, except I'm taking out Lisanne and Ruby and subbing in Caroline Brasch Neilsen and Julia Nobis.

Does anyone know how long it usually takes for them to put out their list?

Probably next week :wink: it's usually after they released their top 10 collections :smile:

The style.com list is up:
wl94yx.jpg
ohmv6s.jpg
357kf2q.jpg
53ai6u.jpg
2cculw3.jpg

ajuz4g.jpg
6qe8ig.jpg
2j1oc9y.jpg
k3q6nb.jpg
2v9zx3q.jpg

style.com

^ wow, 8/10 for me (maybe 7.5 since I didn't know they'd include Kirby :lol:)

severe oversight when it comes to Julija Steponaviciute but not so much when it comes to Lisanne, imo. If I didn't tally her showlist, don't even know if I'd even notice her on the runway...

^ the 2 I got wrong are the two you got right (Sun and Caroline). I should've listened to you I guess but after you put me off of Constance last season I was a bit iffy :wink: :lol:

^ wow, 8/10 for me (maybe 7.5 since I didn't know they'd include Kirby :lol:)

severe oversight when it comes to Julija Steponaviciute but not so much when it comes to Lisanne, imo. If I didn't tally her showlist, don't even know if I'd even notice her on the runway...
I totally agree. Maybe they're not counting her as a new face since had a decent showing last season? Then again...so did Valerija.

Anyway, 8 out of 10 for me too. I love diversity of the list. Something for everyone. :lol:

Well I also said Ann, Lais, Ming Xi weren't going to make it.. lol, and I didn't even put Sun Feifei on my top 10 list :ninja: I just thought she was maybe top 15 or something.

Kind of random list though.. Kirby Kenny over Julija? Well I guess they did get a two for one deal on that :innocent:

^^ re: Julija. Am not amused. -_- Julija didn't even do so well in Milan last season, skipped London and Paris whereas Tati and Valerija did it all. Oh well, we can't all be satisfied with these lists so I'll take what I can get.

With only Joan repping IMG on the list it's kind of sad, especially considering IMG had great girls this season (Julija & Jenny). Would have rather had Julija over the Kenny sisters, however good the 2 for 1 deal may be. Can you tell I'm bitter? :lol: :innocent:

^ :lol: I do think it was a bit of a cop out to have both sisters in as one entry.

And I was just reading the blurbs on style.com about the girls...is it common knowledge that Lais is a new mom? :unsure: Have I just been completely out of the loop? Knowing that now makes her season even more impressive to me.

Kind of a slap in the face to the other Julia (Nobis) as well? Although she did fade a bit in Paris I'm not sure about her omission.

But hey, who am I to complain? Two Chinese girls :clap:

Last edited by a moderator:
But ah, do note the subheading of the article: "our favorite new faces" - guess it's much less of a statistical thing in that case :wink:

Sorry for my third post in a row, but W, not to be outdone, also has a list:

Julija Steponaviciute
Joan Smalls
Melissa Tammerijn
Julia Nobis
Simona Andrejic
Samantha Gradoville
Lais Ribeiro
Ann Kenny
Tatiana Cotliar
Ylonka Verheul

Seems like everyone deserving of a mention will be at least somewhat recognized :flower: Very nice!

i'll take W's list any day.the kenny twins are such a misfire.

I like W's list MUCH better.. and not just because I'm 6/10 there as opposed to 5/10.. Go Samantha, Julija and Simona!! :clap:

I got 7/10 :smile: I'm surprised they didn't include Julija, Lisanne or even Rose who had her breakthrough & a French Cover too! Anyhow, I'm glad they picked 2 Asians! Go Fei Fei & Ming! :clap:

Last edited by a moderator:
I think if there was one thing that's consistent throughout this list, it's that none of the girls have had any major campaigns/covers yet - and while that still doesn't explain Julia/ja's absences, it does exclude Lisanne and Rose in terms of criteria, I guess :smile:

Not really feeling the style.com's list, 2/10 for me B)

Anyway, my pick of the season are:

Tatiana Cotliar
Valerija Kelava
Simona Andrejic
Yuliana Dementyeva

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adyczh
Back