Tati Coliar
Carla Gebhardt
Caroline Brausch Nielsen
Ann Kenny
Julia Nobis
Lais Ribiero
Melissa Tamarijn
Kirsi Pyrhonen

Top 10 Newcomer FW 10: Julia Nobis (Elite)
March 11th, 2010 by wayne

juila1.jpg

Image courtesy of Elite NY

The elegance Ms Nobis brought to the runways via her Calvin Klein exclusive in New York, her turns for Prada and Dolce and her presence at Dries van Noten, Rick Owens, Celine, Valentino, Vuitton and Miu Miu immediately marks her off a key editorial proposition. Attention now turns from the runways to the magazines and camapaigns and Julia’s unique almost painterly beauty is sure to deliver a distinctive image. As the 2nd Elite girl this season to land Top 10 Newcomer, indications are clear that Ms Nobis is in the right place at the right time. Stay tuned.

models.com

My personal Top 10:

1. Ann Kenny
  2. Ginta Lapina
  3. Joan Smalls
  4. Julija Step
  5. Lais Ribeiro
  6. Lisanne de Jong
  7. Melissa Tamarijn
  8. Sophie Srej
  9. Simona Andrejic
  10. Tatiana Cotliar

Top 10 Newcomer FW 10: Melissa (NYMM)
March 17th, 2010 by wayne
Fashion Week, Girls, Model News, Top 10 Newcomers

Hers was without question, one of the most flawless booking tracks for a newcomer this season. Melissa Tammerijn started the season with a Calvin Klein exclusive then opened up her platform with massive bookings in Milan for Prada, Dolce, Fendi, Versace, Jil Sander, Marni, Missoni and Gianfranco Ferre. With Paris as the clincher as the confirmations for Balenciaga, Rick Owens, Lanvin, Viktor and Rolf, Celine, Givenchy, Chanel and Miu Miu testify, Melissa now stands as one of those girls on everyone’s campaign and editorial list. That Dutch power strikes again!

(Melissa Tammerjin/New York Model Management Image courtesy of New York Model Management)

rh60x5.jpg

source: models.com

My FINAL Style.com TOP 10 prediction... I am shooting for 7/10.. I'm aiming low this season lol..

Carla Gebhart – VIVA / DNA (?)
Caroline Brasch Nielsen – Elite Paris
Joan Smalls – IMG
Julia Nobis - Elite
Julija Steponaviciute – IMG
Lisanne de Jong – Elite
Melissa Tamarijn – NYMM
Rose Cordero – Supreme’d/Women
Simona Andrejic – Marilyn NY / Elite Paris
Tatiana Cotliar - NEXT

I was going to put in Jenny Sinkaberg, but then I felt IMG would have been placed too many times, so I put Simona instead from Marilyn... not sure though, but Final = Final :P

* all the pics are from TFS

36399402.jpg

Lindsay White

499964083088416.jpg

Alina Krasina

6a00d83451f3fc69e201310f9ebc9f970c-800wi

Lais Ribeiro

as.jpg

Emily Smith

rhk55s.jpg

Pauline Serreau

30ku0eo.jpg

lacostebackstage0189234.jpg

Kristina Krivomazova & Julia Steponaviciute ( Lacoste )

81043scwprint2246404.jpg

Nicole Hofman

Alana_K_.jpg

51108370.jpg

Chrishell Stubbs

55-barbara_palvin-fullsize.jpg

Barbara Palvin​

Last edited by a moderator:
This isn't my final selection but rather a pool of girls (15+1*) style.com should choose from IMO. At this point it all really depends on technicalities, especially if they take the new switches into consideration (thus potentially messing up the agency diversity aspect of the list).

Ann Kenny/DNA
Carla Gebhart/Viva Paris, DNA?
Jenny Sinkaberg/IMG
Joan Smalls/IMG
Julia Nobis/Elite
Julija Steponaviciute/IMG
Lais Ribeiro/Women
Lisanne de Jong/Elite
Marlena Szoka/Ford
Melissa Tamarijn/NYMM
Mengyao 'Ming' Xi/Elite Paris, Ford NY (apparently)
Rose Cordero/Supreme
*Ruby Aldridge/NEXT
Simona Andrejić/Marilyn
Tatiana Cotliar/NEXT
Valerija Kelava/NEXT

*would they dare put Ruby on the list? Do they consider her a proper model?
I'll try to post my final selection later if I can get to it. What do you guys think, do you agree or disagree on some of these?

^ I think Rose was featured on top 10 newcomers on style.com for F/W 09, no? =)

otherwise, the list looks similiar to mine.

My musings :D

- Ann Kenny is possible, but her final Paris showlist left me underwhelmed. Definitely left an impression though.
- Jenny Sinkaberg, as I've stated, had a solid showing but I think Julija and Joan top her, and I can't imagine them putting 3 IMG girls on their list (who knows though..)
- Lais definitely left an impression, which I'm sure will matter most when campaigns and editorial options roll in (as opposed to sheer showlist which I think style.com bases their selections on), but her final showlist also didn't wow me. But definitely a girl I'm liking!
- Marlena Szoska honestly didn't even occur to me to be on this list, but who knows I am wrong a lot lol..
- Ming Xi, I can see her sneeking in if style.com wants to diversify their list somewhat, but in terms of quality bookings, compared to other newcomers she falls a little short for me, just a little. I think she'd be in my top 12-13 predictions though.
- Valerija, I think she could be the Madisyn of this season, strong strong sophmore showing. I don't know why I didn't include her in my list to be honest haha, I think maybe I'd nix out Simona in favor of Valerija possibly, but final is final, I'm keeping Simona lol

I am wondering why didn't you include Caroline Brasch Nielsen? Her showlist in Paris was SUPERB. For me she is a lock. Remember Hilary Rhoda made the list purely from her Paris shows.

And maybe I am just partial for her, but I think Sun Fei Fei also deserves a mention on a shortlist (not necessarily a top 10 list though)

^ I think Rose was featured on top 10 newcomers on style.com for F/W 09, no? =)

otherwise, the list looks similiar to mine.

Not as far as I know, please correct me if I'm wrong but this is what the past lists have been :flower:

S/S 10

1. anastasia kuznetsova (next)
2. bregje heinen (women direct)

3. constance jablonski (marilyn)

4. frida gustavsson (img)

5. jacquelyn jablonski (ford)

6. keke lindgard (wilhelmina)
7. lyndsey scott (click)

8. mirte maas (women)

9. patricia van der vliet (new york models)

10. shu pei qin (next)

F/W 09.10

1. alla kostromicheva (women direct)
2. anna de rijk (dna)
3. dorothea barth jorgensen (women direct)
4. hanna rundlof (marilyn)
5. jac (img)
6. karolin wolter (supreme)
7. katie fogarty (next)
8. kendra spears (ford)
9. nimue smit (women)
10. tao okamoto (supreme)

S/S 09

1. aminata niaria (img)
2. anya kazakova (marilyn)
3. katrin thormann (women)
4. lakshmi menon (ford)
5. liu wen (marilyn)
6. myf shepherd (next)
7. sara blomqvist (dna)
8. sessilee lopez (major)
9. sigrid agren (new york)
10. yulia kharlapanova (women)

If I'm not mistake Rose did only a few shows in F/W 09 (I don't know if I'm having my timelines mixed up but it was her debut season, yes?) so I don't think she was on the list then.

Honestly I feel like it is harder to predict this season because there aren't that many girls who did overwhelmingly well like some girls previous seasons. There are girls who are for sure locks but then there are lots of those who did decently but not top top. That's just my opinion, of course.

- Lais left an impression but I initially wasn't going to put her tbh. Lack of Women/Supreme newbies made me do it. :P It's like this: if they don't put Rose, Lais might make the list and vice versa. This theory falls into water if they take the agency switches into consideration though.
- Marlena Szoka did decently and also I put her for the agency diversity factor
- for Ming it was a factor of doing crazy in London, decently elsewhere + diversity. Was going to put Sun Feifei in too but I need to shorten the list a bit and considering Ming's London season plus Givenchy, Dior and Galliano (which don't feature many newcomers), she won for me
- I'm so surprised not many people put Valerija! I think they probably thought she was on the list last season? :lol: I just think it would be awful to overlook her because she had an insane season.
- I was debating whether or not to put Caroline...my feeling won. :rofl: If she's true top material and she does crazy well next season, I'd rather save her for then. Also because Elite already has strong girls who could potentially end up on the list so that too.

Thanks for your thoughts girls! :flower:

yeah this season is very up in the air in terms of top 10!.. but I feel like I say this every season lol

I can just see many different ways to justify including a girl from the shortlist of 15-16 girls or so into the top 10

waaah, I really thought that she was featured! Maybe I've seen her somewhere else...*ponders*
well then it's quite possible for Rose to end up on the list and pull another "Jablonski" :lol:

yuliana1.jpg

Yuliana/WM Model Management , Marilyn Agency Image courtesy of WM

The opening slot at Givenchy doesn’t always convert into a boom of editorial and campaign bookings but for Yuliana Dementyeva her debut as Girl 1 for the Fall 10 show certainly is generating heavy duty buzz in the industry. But then Yuliana’s chameleon ability puts her in a very good position to take her classic beauty across a wide range of editorial platforms. Beauty with strength is always that sure sell.

models.com

I find it slightly hilarious how he refers to Kelsey Van Mook's weak follow-up to her opening-slot at Givenchy, possibly even Antonella?

yeah he could be referring to either, but Kelsey did come to mind first I have to be honest.

Anyway it was pretty much a given, MDC/Wayne love Givenchy casting.. opener = MDC top 10, same with Prada (Samantha, Lindsey, Katlin..)

We'll see if Yuliana can live up to their hyping.

* all the pics are from TFS

Please keep in mind that *pics from tFS* is not considered as a valid source
If you could look back and check for the original sources to add them here, it would be great
Thank you in advance :flower:

fei1.jpg

Fei Fei/Elite. Image courtesy of Elite Paris

Breakthrough doesn’t adequately describe the path Fei Fei blazed this season in Europe. If you’ll forgive the hyperbole, what this 20 year old did was smash her way into the consciousness of key photographers, editors, stylists and designers via her turns for Jil Sander, Celine, Chloe, Miu Miu and Vuitton. With her distinctive walk and charismatic personality this highly favored girl will certainly be in heavy rotation for the next few months.
models.com

^ Fei Fei didn't walk for Chloe & Louis Vuitton :lol: nice to see her as a Top 10 Newcomer though! Congrats! :clap:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->