Top 10 New Faces F/W 10.11

Top 10 Newcomer FW 10: Samantha (IMG) (NEXT LA)
by wayne

sam46.jpg

Samantha Gradoville Image courtesy of IMG NY

There are those who argue that the opening slot at Prada is no longer the sure star-making platform it used to be. But guess what… ignoring a Prada opener is incredibly disingenuous when every agent in modeling would still give his left arm to see his girl in that spotlight. The girl in the spotlight this season is Samantha Gradoville, the 20 year old Nebraskan beauty who might be familiar to certain West Coast model watchers. The exciting thing about the presence Ms Gradoville brought to the Prada runway was that it was the frisson of a resolved young woman as opposed to an anonymous little girl. New decade, new model aesthetic at Prada? We fully expect Samantha to rock that platform to its maximum potential.

models.com

Ann Kenny @ DNA
Antonella Graef @ Supreme
Charlene Almarvez @ Ford
Joan Smalls @ IMG
Lais Ribeiro @ Women
Marlena Szoka @ Ford
Sedene Blake @ New York
Simona Andrejic @ ?
Ylonka Verheul @ New York
Tati Cotliar @ Next

Other picks:
Crishell Stubbs @ Ford
Danni Li @ Elite
Debora Muller @ One
Ilvie Wittek @ DNA?
Julija Step @ IMG
Kelli Lumi @ DNA (not exactly a newcomer, but hit it REAL big this season)
Lisanne de Jong @ Elite
Ruby Aldridge @ ?
Shena Moulton @ Muse

^Simona is with Marilyn, Ilvie is indeed with DNA, and Ruby is with Next :smile:

How about that Carla Gebhart or something? The one with the big nose...she was at Prada, did Gucci today, Jil Sander yesterday. If Paris picks her up she might become a serious contender.

How about that Carla Gebhart or something? The one with the big nose...she was at Prada, did Gucci today, Jil Sander yesterday. If Paris picks her up she might become a serious contender.

As well as most of the important shows in London...definitely a serious contender

Top 10 Newcomer: Tati (Next) :woot::clap::woot:
March 1st, 2010 by wayne

tati49.jpg

Tatiana Cotliar / Image courtesy of NextNY

And there we have it… the Marc Jacobs FW 10 opening slot has converted beautifully for this Argentinian belle of the ball. Milan saw bookings for Tati on the runways of Prada, Ferre, Marni and Versace. More importantly Next’s latest breakout star is getting that advance editorial and advertising buzz that she is more than well equipped to work to maximum potential. As the third newcomer this season with a prior track record in the industry, it very much looks like clients are calling on those girls with gravity, substance and a unique presence. Tati is distinctly the epitome of that as she preps for a fabulous Paris FW 10 run.

models.com

After Milan, here's my 10 picks so far (style.com newcomers:(

1. Ann Kenny/IMG
2. Joan Smalls/IMG
3. Julia Nobis/ELITE
4. Julija Steponaviciute/IMG
5. Lais Ribiero/WOMEN
6. Lisanne de Jong/ELITE
7. Melissa Tamarijn/NYMM
8. Rose Cordero/SUPREME
9. Tati Cotliar/NEXT
10. Valerija Kelava/NEXT

I'm also keeping an eye on these girls:

Carla Gebhart/VIVA
Simona Andrejic/MARILYN
Marlena Szoka/FORD
Ming Xi/ELITE
Sun Fei Fei/ELITE
Kristy Kaurova/WOMEN
Lindsey Wixson/MARILYN
Rasa Zukauskaite/NEXT
Ilvie Wittek/DNA
Ylonka Verheul/NYMM
Samantha Gradoville/IMG
Kirsi Pyrhonen/VIVA
Ginta Lapina or Daria Strokous/WOMEN- in case style pulls another Constance like last season :lol:

Paris Fashion Week is like the final exam for runway models :lol: What happened to Antonella, Marike & Jenny in Milan by the way? I was rooting for them :D

Last edited by a moderator:
All I know is Joan Smalls will be on the list. I hope Charlene will be, but there's no chance. She only walked for DVF. Oh and I want Fei Fei to be in it too!

Paris Fashion Week is like the final exam for runway models :lol: What happened to Antonella, Marike & Jenny in Milan by the way? I was rooting for them :D

It's no wonder to me what happened to some of them there. Milan always choses a bit more formful women. I guarantee that all three will make up for their Milan season in Paris. I mean we are pretty sure that Antonella will be at Givenchy and Jenny will be at Balenciaga and at least Valentino.

I'm pretty sure Jenny and Antonella will be a top newcomer somewhere but Antonella has already been a top newcomer on Models.com and I don't know how many fashion sites look at Jenny. I still see her as a newcomer given that she has never walked all cities and since girls like Joan Smalls also are considered as a newcomer.

Top 10 Newcomer FW 10: Carla (Viva) :clap::woot::clap:
March 4th, 2010 by wayne

carlatop101-600x588.jpg

Carla Gebhart. Polaroid courtesy of Viva Model Management.

Finally! The Fall/Winter 10 show season has found her. The find in question is a first season girl, totally unbranded, previously unseen, who swoops from nowhere to log almost every significant show in sight. So far the path cut by this Argentinian teenager has involved Burberry, Pringle, Jonathan Saunders, Christopher Kane and Hakaan in London, Prada, Jil Sander and Gucci in Milan and thus far in Paris… Dries, Gareth Pugh and Balenciaga. Carla has been walking into virtually every casting with those ultra-selective clients and walking out with a confirmation. Which means those editorial and campaign forces of the moment are watching… avidly.

models.com

I won't attempt to say who I think the Top 10 will be, but here are a few of my favorites!

Markike LeRoux
Samantha Gradoville
Ylonka Verheul
Mengyao Xi
Ann Kenny
Lindsey Hoover (my absolute favorite) -- she's walked 35 shows so far. Les Copains, Moschino, Ermanno Scervino, Rochas, Dris van Noten are among my favorites. Oh and for the long awaited comeback of Nicolas Andreas Taralis.

My list:

Lais Ribiero
Rasa Zukauskaite
Joan Smalls
Sun Fei Fei
Tati Cotliar
Julia Nobis
Rose Cordero
?
?
?

not as many brand new girls dominating this season as last time.. lots of new-ish faces though (ie Rasa, Joan, Tati).. should be interesting how the week ends and who ends up on style's shortlist.

Melissa Tamarijn is doing quite well, I'd like to add her to the list alongside Joan, Tati, Samantha, Carla..

New York she did Calvin Exclusive, then in London she did Burberry, Jonathan Saunders and Pringle. Then in Milan she did amazing.. walking for Prada, Jil Sander, Versace, Dolce, Fendi, Marni and Missoni. And in Paris she already has done Balenciaga, Rochas, Lanvin, Nina Ricci.

^ Melissa is definitely the best CK exclusive since Ali Stephens (F/W08) :wink: She's everywhere! :woot: Julia Nobis is also doing well but I don't know what happened to Gwen Loos :( She wasn't even at Balenciaga...I'm also rooting for Chinese models Ming & Fei Fei! :smile: if they won't make it as top newcomers this time, next season will be more plausible

Speaking of really "brand new" girls, I think Carla Gebhart is doing the best.

Is Anastasia on last season's list?

Yes, Anastasia was on last season's top 10.

There's no particular newcomers that really stands out this season. Apart from Joan Smalls, Melissa Tammerijin, Julija Steponaviciute, Ming Xi and Ruby Alridge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sl4vicd0ll
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->