Top 10 New Faces F/W 10.11

^Which is actually kind of funny you should mention because Joan Smalls, Julija and Ruby have actually been around before this season. Julija in my eyes is no newcomer as she did the whole package last season. Joan Smalls could be considered one because of her new agency (ála Tao Okamoto w/Supreme) and Ruby because this is her first full-on season.

Here's my updated list based on Models.com top 10 Newcomers:
-Joan Smalls
-Samantha Gradoville
-Tatiana Cotliar
-Carla Gebhart
-Ann & Tura Kenny: They'll probably share a spot.
-Melissa Tammerijn: Blue chip shows and she had a lot of buzz before FW anyways.
-Kirsi Pyrhonen: Prada and probably MiuMiu. Girl has a one of kind face anyways. Almost guaranteed success.
-Julia Nobis: Lots of blue chip shows.
-Jenny Sinkaberg: Lots of blue chips shows and first time on all cities. Therefore, newcomer.
-Mengyao Ming Xi: Lots of blue chip shows.
-Pauline Serreau / Sun Feifei / Bo Don: Bonus - One of the three.

I'm so terrible with new girls, lol. 95% of the names mentioned here mean NOTHING to me, haha. It usually takes me a good couple of season before I even begin to recognize the name.

I'm so terrible with new girls, lol. 95% of the names mentioned here mean NOTHING to me, haha. It usually takes me a good couple of season before I even begin to recognize the name.

I agree completely, with the exception of Lais Ribeiro. I noticed her at Oi Fashion Rocks (I think her first fashion show) and then in the fashion weeks in Brazil and have adored her since :wub:

I semi-noticed Tati Cotilar while browsing through random names, but other than that all the other girls need a while before I become truly impressed.

Favorite new girls so far this season are Bo Don, Samantha, Sun Fei Fei, Simona, Kirsi..

Barbara Palvin IMO, is a standout :smile:. Made her debut as a Prada exclusive and booking shows steadily in Paris.

Ylonka Verheul, Melissa T and Barbara Palvin should definately be in the list.

^Which is actually kind of funny you should mention because Joan Smalls, Julija and Ruby have actually been around before this season. Julija in my eyes is no newcomer as she did the whole package last season. Joan Smalls could be considered one because of her new agency (ála Tao Okamoto w/Supreme) and Ruby because this is her first full-on season.

Julija didn't do the whole package. She didn't do London (which I know a lot of people don't count anyway) nor Paris. She didn't have as good a run in Milan as she did in NY but this season she's killing it everywhere so I certainly hope she's on some list.

this season turned out alright in the end...

a fairly diverse group of newcomers (in terms of looks, age/experience, ethnicity) and that alone is interesting
some are not to my taste, of course, but i generally like the trend towards a more distinct look again

personal favorites: Kirsi Pyrhonen, Lais Ribeiro, Tati Cotliar, Mengyao Xi, Sun Feifei

Oooh I forgot about Lais and Barbara Palvin.. add them to my list of favorites.

Here's my faves this season in no order:
Ann and Kirby Kenny
Tati Cotliar
Emilia Nawarecka
Thana Kuhnen
Kristina Krivomazova
Lindsey Hoover
Dafne Cejas
Kirsi Pyrhonen
Ramona Chmura
and Jenny Sinkaberg
:heart::heart::heart:

I was really impressed with last season's newcomer (Jacquelyn, Frida, Lindsey) but this season the only new face that has caught my eye is Ming Xi.

Top 10 Newcomer FW 2010: Caroline (Elite) :clap::clap::clap:
March 9th, 2010 by wayne

caroline3.jpg

Image courtesy of Elite Denmark

Meet Caroline Brasch Nielsen, the flawless Danish newcomer who is the walking proof that Paris with its plethora of incredibly influential designers can certainly output a breaking star. In a town not known for consensus in its casting philiosophies Ms Neilsen so far has locked spots for Balenciaga, Givenchy, Dries van Noten, Viktor and Rolf, Chanel, Celine and YSL. That debut puts Caroline in a very bankable position for next season when she will be set to make her NY and Milan debut. And there you have it…instant blue chip straight from that almighty Elite Paris factory.

models.com

Tati Cotliar
Carla Gelbhart
Tetyana Melnychuk
Lais Ribeiro
Sun Fei Fei
Ming Xi

Ann Kenny/DNA
Carla Gebhart/Viva
Jenny Sinkaberg/IMG
Joan Smalls/IMG
Julija Steponaviciute/IMG
Lais Ribeiro/Women
Melissa Tamarijn/NYMM
Rasa Zukauskaite/Next
Simona Andrejić/Marilyn
Tatiana Cotliar/Next

Rasa is a bit of my "out of there" choice... kind of like Constance last season. Maybe Antonella or Caroline will be instead of her. I do wonder if they'll put Ann and Kirby/Tura together (playing the twin card and all).

Well, first I wasn't too sure about her - thought that she could end up as one of those Calvin exclusives who seem to attract no more interest after that show.
But now, after her Prada, Burberry, Valentino, Vuitton AND Miu Miu appearance I think Julia Nobis certainly deserves a place on the list aswell :smile:

I will wait a few more days to make my choices.. because I might just end up changing them again. To be honest I don't remember who walked where, I just know I'm locking in Caroline Brasch Neilsen, Joan Smalls, Melissa Tamarijn, Jenny Sinkaberg, Carla Gebhart, Tatiana Cotliar..

I think lol

i wonder if lindsay white will place? i find her very interesting, she's got a very hauntingly beautiful look that is very unique, which is nice to have amongst this huge wave of new faces
26114_1295236993192_1598341901_711787_7306060_n.jpg

[lindsay's facebook]

Top 10 personal favorites:

1. Simona Andrejic/Marilyn
2. Tatiana Cotliar/Next
3. Lais Ribeiro/Women
4. Melissa Tamarijn/NYMM
5. Patricia Van der Vliet/NYMM - I fully regret not including her last season
6. Carla Gebhart/DNA
7. Tetyana Melnychuk/Marilyn
8. Antonella Graef/Supreme
9. Jenny Sinkaberg/IMG