Models Who Have Lied About Their Age

I somehow cannot believe that Karolina Kurkova is only 25.

Maybe she is, but for how many years now I don't know. She just doesn't look like a girl who was born in 84.

Iris Strubegger will be turning 27 in a few weeks

LOL Iris was featured as a "hot new model" in Hint Mag's model mania feature for JANUARY 2003, alongside Yasmin Warsame, Jessica Stam and Reka Ebergenyi lol

http://www.hintmag.com/mm/mm50.php

It's always funny to find those "new model" things on Hintmag and models.com and find a 5 or 6 year old post featuring a "new" model who supposedly started out in the Spring of 08 or something lol.

I somehow cannot believe that Karolina Kurkova is only 25.

Maybe she is, but for how many years now I don't know. She just doesn't look like a girl who was born in 84.

Really.. I don't believe it either, she landed her Vogue US cover at age 15!! and I was like.. she don't look 15?!.. but its really odd that they would lower her age that young no? I mean usually you want to lie to ages 16-17. If a girl is younger, you age them up, and if they are older you age them down towards that "ideal"

Maybe she just looked older for her age, like Beyonce, there was a rumour she was in her 30's :lol:

^^ agreed. it's kind of sick but when i see a new model i'm actually interested in the age along with the stats and polas. this is yet another ridiculous standard for fashion models.

LMAO...I found Jessica White, (who despite being in the Sports Illustrated swimsuit issue for several years still claims she's only 21), featured in a Hint Model Mania post from March 2000. She would have been 12 then.

http://www.hintmag.com/mm/mm16.php

She claims to be 21 in the 2009 edition of the SI swimsuit issue (or at least the mag's editors say she's 21 lol:(
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009_swimsuit/models/jessica-white/

According to nymag she was born in 1984, so she's 24-25 years old.

^No they don't.

Just off the top of my head there is
Daria, Coco Rocha, Jessica Stam, Amanda Laine, Taryn Davidson

and so many more.

But I agree there are just as many that do.

why do you say daria lied about her age? she's always said that was born in 1983.

^you misunderstood what she said. read it again. :flower:

^Thanks Filipe:flower:

why do you say daria lied about her age? she's always said that was born in 1983.

You must have missed the first part -

I wrote
^No they don't.

as I was replying that not all models lie about their ages.
Then I listed a few names of the models that I knew that did not lie.

yes, me dumb! i apologise!

the thing is that once i had to argue with someone insisting on saying daria was at least 4-5 years older!!

^No problem,
it happens:flower:

At least you backed up my point that not all models lie about their age.^_^
Thanks!

i've always wondered about this because so many young models do not look young at all...they look very mature for being an early teen. how does one truly know what their ages are without looking at a birth certificate? especially if they're foreign?

Jules lied about her age. She says she would be 19, although she was born 1988 (that's what nymag says) :innocent:

Last edited by a moderator:
^but hasn't Anja started long before also, how old is she as her agency claims or she herself?

According to nymag Anja was born in June 11 1985, but she was in Madrid Fashion Week S/S 2003 (september 2002). The fact is in Madrid the girls under 18 can't walk, so how old is she?

this is a very interesting thread.

i also think karolina kurkova is older than she represents herself to be.

lying about your age is rarer when it comes to acting or music.
i can only think of one actress that has lied about her age - Rachel McAdams.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->