Models Who Have Lied About Their Age

I cant believe Irina Kulikova is only 18?! Damn!

^ if she was born in 1984, that would make her 26 at the oldest- your math, pardon me for saying so, is completely off.

^about younger teens looking older, sometimes that just depends on an individual's looks. Daul Kim was only sixteen when she started but often looked like she could pass for twentysomething, mainly because of her bone structure and strong features, and also because of the very adult air of self-possession and confidence she had in photographs.

I guess the only thing that will tell the actual truth about a model's age is her passport (which any high-fashion model is bound to have, since they travel so much between fashion weeks and to shoots etc).

^I believe her DoB was reported as being in 1978 when it was actually 1976, something like that, and someone rooted around her old high school or some such thing and found it out. Let's stick to the topic of this thread- models.

Toni Garrn turns 18 this year?!?! Goodness gracious, she looks soooo much older than that to me.

Chanel Iman could have gotten away with saying she was fifteen and no one would have been the wiser if the info had been hidden better, tbh. She looks like shes in middle school.

I can understand why they lie about that though- sadly, more than a few models have had their careers cut short by age prejudice, I'm sure (Yasmin Warsame for one). And unlike height and hip measurements, it can't be easily disproven.

^ Funny that you mention Toni & Chanel. Because I think both of them have stayed the same age now for some time now. Chanel is celebrating her 18th birthday over and over again :rolleyes::P And Toni certainly is over 18 aswell...

Last edited by a moderator:
Chanel has always been up front with her age. On her facebook, myspace, and homepage she has ALWAYS put Nov 30, 1989. Its probably her agency trying to be slick!:lol:

Where can i see the source on Rache's DOB? I think it's fascinating that so many people discriminate against age, all the while secretly promoting performers to lie about it. The question i have is why should any aspiring performer even feel discouraged about age anymore if it's so incredibly common to lie? Over and over I see agencies and other guide books discuss the importance age, never even hinting around how equally important it is to learn how to lie about it!
I think the only performers that can't lie are children performers, who grow up in the media.

I love the media, but i think it's really silly to be so discouraging about age when it's really not that important.

Well Chanel's always been mostly up front... she never exaggerates that much. In a video on Modelinia about new faces at VSFS, she said (paraphrased, because Modelinia is a slow loader) "I've always seen it an thought 'I can wait to be 18 to do it' and I missed it by two weeks.'" Since her birthday is on December 1st (as she stated in that Modelinia video) that would put her at turning 19, so she made herself one year younger.

I'm sure that a lot of agencies have lied, but not too many of the actual models have, right?

How old is Heidi Mount? she seems like 28 but acts (immaturely) like 21....

How old is Heidi Mount? she seems like 28 but acts (immaturely) like 21....
she's 22. honestly she always makes those faces when she talks (if you are referring to the video in the model behavior thread)

^ Funny that you mention Toni & Chanel. Because I think both of them have stayed the same age now for some time now. Chanel is celebrating her 18th birthday over and over again :rolleyes::P And Toni certainly is over 18 aswell...

Having skipped one class and doing her final exams this year, Toni should be born in 92 and thus celebrating her 18th birthday in 2010.

Where can i see the source on Rache's DOB? I think it's fascinating that so many people discriminate against age, all the while secretly promoting performers to lie about it. The question i have is why should any aspiring performer even feel discouraged about age anymore if it's so incredibly common to lie? Over and over I see agencies and other guide books discuss the importance age, never even hinting around how equally important it is to learn how to lie about it!
I think the only performers that can't lie are children performers, who grow up in the media.

I love the media, but i think it's really silly to be so discouraging about age when it's really not that important.

Totally agree. In most cases, performers (actors, models, musicians, etc) actually get better with age- and it's ridiculous that women are made to feel they need to lie in order to stay in the game. I'm not forgetting that some of the later 2000s ittest 'It' models - Agy, Irina, Iekeliene, Lara- were in their twenties when they got their breaks, even if they began modelling as teens.

I saw a ftv diary of Anja in 2002 where they show that she's born in 1982

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->